Rounding Out 2022 Coaching Staff | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Rounding Out 2022 Coaching Staff

What do you make of Holliday’s departure from the Utes? Seems like players were not happy with the way he was let go. Any thoughts? Didn’t realize he spent a year at Cornell.

andy-bernard-the-office.gif

Speculation here...

First assumption:

Coach Anae and Coach Beck were brought in not as mindless drones to execute Dino's offense but as seasoned pros to bring their offensive scheme to Syracuse.

Second assumption:

Towards that end, the final coaching hire will be a WR coach; someone who can help Coach Anae and Coach Beck get the scheme in place and running well this spring.

We all know the pass game is big in the Anae offense. The performance of the receivers is a key to success. Have to have the QBs and WRs on the same page.

So bottom line, I think the WR coach is going to be someone Coach Anae and Coach Beck pick and is going to be someone familiar with their scheme.

Guy Holliday was Coach Anae's WR coach at BYU and I have already posted an article indicating he wanted to bring him to UVa with him. Guy is available. Would not be surprised if the new hire is him. If not him, I an guessing it will be someone else who coached under Coach Anae, or perhaps even a former player. If a former player, it would make sense it would be a former Hoo, as their players tend to be from SU recruiting areas. This would be a younger hire and would probably be welcomed by JW as the salary requirements would be relatively low.

Holliday is a good guess and he's still out of job but he was never much of a recruiter. I think it's imperative to find a good mix of recruiter and teacher for this position. The O staff really needs someone who can recruit at a high level.

Speculation here...

First assumption:

Coach Anae and Coach Beck were brought in not as mindless drones to execute Dino's offense but as seasoned pros to bring their offensive scheme to Syracuse.

Second assumption:

Towards that end, the final coaching hire will be a WR coach; someone who can help Coach Anae and Coach Beck get the scheme in place and running well this spring.

We all know the pass game is big in the Anae offense. The performance of the receivers is a key to success. Have to have the QBs and WRs on the same page.

So bottom line, I think the WR coach is going to be someone Coach Anae and Coach Beck pick and is going to be someone familiar with their scheme.

Guy Holliday was Coach Anae's WR coach at BYU and I have already posted an article indicating he wanted to bring him to UVa with him. Guy is available. Would not be surprised if the new hire is him. If not him, I an guessing it will be someone else who coached under Coach Anae, or perhaps even a former player. If a former player, it would make sense it would be a former Hoo, as their players tend to be from SU recruiting areas. This would be a younger hire and would probably be welcomed by JW as the salary requirements would be relatively low.
Dammit, stop being so level headed and logical.. there’s no place for that on this board!

Holliday is a good guess and he's still out of job but he was never much of a recruiter. I think it's imperative to find a good mix of recruiter and teacher for this position. The O staff really needs someone who can recruit at a high level.

He's from Baltimore according to his bio so maybe that helps in the DMV?

What do you make of Holliday’s departure from the Utes? Seems like players were not happy with the way he was let go. Any thoughts? Didn’t realize he spent a year at Cornell.

Doesn't seem like there was ever a public why. Some speculation, his son mentioning some WR's transferring out and one of his recruits being arrested for rape. I don't believe those are reasons but they were happenings.

Guy has an interesting twitter page. Seems like he and Dino would connect.

His bio also cites credit for having had 22 wide receivers sign with NFL teams and been a part of some good statistical outputs.

He's from Baltimore according to his bio so maybe that helps in the DMV?

Besides his 1 year at Cornell he's never been around the Northeast. Last 15 years out west.

Last edited:
Besides his 1 year at Cornell he's never been around the Northeast. Last 15 years out west.

He did grow up in Baltimore and went to college in Pennsylvania and I am sure he has recruited the East for at least some of the schools he has worked at.

From what I have read, he has a good reputation as a recruiter. But I agree, if you only consider recruiting and the areas Syracuse typically recruits, there are other candidates who are better fits.

But if you consider coaching the Anae scheme, and coaching up our WRs to be better players, I am not sure there is a better candidate.

I would think it is more important to get the scheme installed and running right for now then getting an ace recruiter in place. I am thinking they need to show results in the next two years or they probably won't be here any longer. A young WR coach who graduated from UVa a few years ago and played in the scheme might be a great conpromise.

You can see where this position isn't that easy to fill.

Speculation here...

First assumption:

Second assumption:

How do you think Monroe being the passing game coordinator will factor in? Take that title away?

Speculation here...

First assumption:

Second assumption:

Whoa pump the brakes. A smart up and comer hired by a competent offensive brain trust? Dont. Know. How. To. Respond.

How do you think Monroe being the passing game coordinator will factor in? Take that title away?
I doubt it. I think he got that to get more money than the other defensive assistants. Like Schmidt has a run game coordinator title to give him more money.

Someday, Beck will probably get a bump to QB coach/passing game coordinator.

You do realize Monroe is defensive passing game coordinator. Has nothing to do with the offense. He coordinates all the plays and schemes for the defensive backfield. So it wouldn’t affect anything on the offensive side of coaching.

You do realize Monroe is defensive passing game coordinator. Has nothing to do with the offense. He coordinates all the plays and schemes for the defensive backfield. So it wouldn’t affect anything on the offensive side of coaching.

I don’t realize that. His title says passing game coordinator and Schmidt’s says run game coordinator. I’ve seen those titles plenty and have always assumed they both meant offense.

I don’t realize that. His title says passing game coordinator and Schmidt’s says run game coordinator. I’ve seen those titles plenty and have always assumed they both meant offense.

If you click on Monroe's profile, his full title is now "Defensive Passing Game Coordinator/Safeties"

He used to be "Safeties / Nickelbacks".

More words in the title = more $$$ ???

Hes on the D side. Well deserved raise.

Beautiful! So glad they are taking care of Swag Daddy. More money means more swag.
Our coaching staff looks as good as I’ve ever seen it. Quality coaches all across the board.
All we're missing is a Monroe for the offensive side of the ball

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom