Rovell giving it to Rutgers | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Rovell giving it to Rutgers

Honest question that's gonna come off as sarcastic, but is not intended to be: Do you not have a smartphone?

iPhone, but I don't have the tapatalk app... and I was just browsing quickly...

What people need to realize is that parents want to see their kids play. NJ parents aren't going to travel all over the midwest to watch their games. SU can use that as a major recruiting pitch. We're already playing Penn State, Pitt, BC Virginia and VT, so parents can travel to those games.

What people need to realize is that parents want to see their kids play. NJ parents aren't going to travel all over the midwest to watch their games. SU can use that as a major recruiting pitch. We're already playing Penn State, Pitt, BC Virginia and VT, so parents can travel to those games.

that argument works a lot better for basketball than football. for the latter, there will likely be 4 conference road games. say 3 are long distance journeys, as maryland and penn state are relatively close. but they are on weekends, so parents don't have to worry about being at work the next day. and they may actually dig the idea of going to the big house, the shoe, camp randall, and the like.

So I'm clear, you think their recruiting will get WORSE by moving from the status quo to the Big 10? Ok.

Actually, I believe the resurgence of Syracuse and Pitt, along with more B1G exposure to the Jersey kids knowing they will still play near home occasionally, the rise of UConn, even if they remain mediocre, will all take a toll on Rutgers. We are already seeing this in that Syracuse is getting kids from NYC that Rutgers was getting a few years ago (we were getting these kids before our slump). Rutgers will always get some Jersey kids. However, Temple is back in the mix, even if only marginally.

We can disagree, it's not a problem. I just think that Rutgers takes the payday as they have in most of their history, the last 6 years being the outlier years.

that argument works a lot better for basketball than football. for the latter, there will likely be 4 conference road games. say 3 are long distance journeys, as maryland and penn state are relatively close. but they are on weekends, so parents don't have to worry about being at work the next day. and they may actually dig the idea of going to the big house, the shoe, camp randall, and the like.

I agree with this. A weekend or five away for football is enjoyable, with several B1G opponents having nice venues to play in. hoops would be hard to see your kid play two time zones away on Tuesday evening.

Your theory about them possibly "digging the idea of going to the big house, the shoe, camp randall, etc." would hold water if we were talking about wealthy alumnus who like to travel, BUT...

We're talking about parents of the players - Many of whom are working class folks with little, if any, resources for weekend jaunts to the Midwest.

Your theory about them possibly "digging the idea of going to the big house, the shoe, camp randall, etc." would hold water if we were talking about wealthy alumnus who like to travel, BUT...

We're talking about parents of the players - Many of whom are working class folks with little, if any, resources for weekend jaunts to the Midwest.

Then all the more reason for the kids to stay home and go the local school, which makes my point.

Basically, I hate the Under Armour guy.

Kevin Plank is a good guy. Trust me on that.

A tough kid that was expelled from his first DC are private school (Georgetown Prep) and then finished at Saint John's (DC). Went to Maryland, played football and didn't like the cotton t-shirts under pads.

He got an idea and ran with it using credit card debt to get initial samples. He built that company by himself.

A tough kid that was expelled from his first DC are private school (Georgetown Prep) and then finished at Saint John's (DC). Went to Maryland, played football and didn't like the cotton t-shirts under pads.

He got an idea and ran with it using credit card debt to get initial samples. He built that company by himself.

Can we still hate his uniform combinations? I like Nike, but the uniform combinations suck.

Rutgers would be complete and utter fools if they didn't make this move.

Well, there goes my bubble. I trust you.

To me, it seemed like his presence coincided with the increasingly weird, desperate, Look At Me moves of the athletic department; the tacky uniforms, the discarded coaches, the facility upgrades they put on the credit card.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom