Roy Williams take on the ACC tourney in Brooklyn | Syracusefan.com

Roy Williams take on the ACC tourney in Brooklyn

North Carolina people butt hurt over their bigoted state. “Our people” = white people. Gross. And racist. How about we “venture out of Greensboro” permanently?

The pro UNC bias is alive and well, remember a few years back Jimmy B made sarcastic comments about ACC country south of the Mason-Dixon not having great restaurants? I think Denny's rings a bell heck maybe it was Waffle House or Mellow Mushroom.

Point being is Jimmy got blasted at every turn possible in the South, I was living in Atlanta at the time so the chasim was real. Now Ol' Roy goes running his mouth and it's basically crickets. What Roy and his light blue wearing preppies don't realize is they are pawns in a well orchestrated money grab.

Roy has lived in Lawarance, KS and Chapel Hill, NC of course he doesn't like NYC heck he probably doesn't like Charlotte unless it's a NCAA regional site.

Ice fishing is a real thing, no?

Last edited:
As much as I’d love to rip Roy - this is very misleading. It’s an op-ed article from the Greensboro paper. Roy didn’t say anything other than the cold comment in quotes.

Ed Hardin: ACC Tournament makes a turn toward the weekend after a rude awakening
If a Syracuse fan interrupted a moment of silence for a long time Tar Heel announcer, he orcshe deserves to be called out on that. The rest of that article reeked of ignorance and racism. Even the dim witted woman from Greensboro who argued years ago the ACC tournament belonged in Greensboro because of its rich soil and the smell of honeysuckle made more sense than this bigoted tool.

If a Syracuse fan interrupted a moment of silence for a long time Tar Heel announcer, he orcshe deserves to be called out on that. The rest of that article reeked of ignorance and racism. Even the dim witted woman from Greensboro who argued years ago the ACC tournament belonged in Greensboro because of its rich soil and the smell of honeysuckle made more sense than this bigoted tool.
Ask yourself though, if God forbid SU lost a long time sports announcer, would the ACC be holding a moment of silence for him or her? Or does this hold extra special meaning because it’s “Carolina” family. Don’t hold your breath.

Ask yourself though, if God forbid SU lost a long time sports announcer, would the ACC be holding a moment of silence for him or her? Or does this hold extra special meaning because it’s “Carolina” family. Don’t hold your breath.
Same circumstance, passing on the same day of the game, I have zero doubt there'd be a moment of silence. Nothing justifies what that idiot fan did.

Why is everyone getting on Roy on that comment which is harmless? It’s a stupid troll job and biased report/article from greensboro.com. That’s the issue.
I think he was being a bit of a tool and disparaging NY and the north in general. When JB spoke about Greensboro, it was more logistics than personal.

I think he was being a bit of a tool and disparaging NY and the north in general. When JB spoke about Greensboro, it was more logistics than personal.

Roy only made the weather comment. It’s whoever wrote that article at greensboro.com with the “our people” nonsense. Roy didn’t do anything.

Roy only made the weather comment. It’s whoever wrote that article at greensboro.com with the “our people” nonsense. Roy didn’t do anything.

I re-read. I attributed the our people comment to ol Roy.
Somewhere warm, however, still takes the northeast out of the conversation.

A decent chunk of society is always on edge looking for a reason to get angry. I didnt read the whole thing, can somebody please explain what made it racist?

I still plan to make my PC card deck someday, with an actual race card that can be played(I'll accept suggestions for a hierarchy). As much as it's played here and elsewhere, I think my PC deck would be a huge hit!

Anyhow, I am tempted to call this thread shameful, but I'm going to give it its fair chance first...you know, the golden rule?

A decent chunk of society is always on edge looking for a reason to get angry. I didnt read the whole thing, can somebody please explain what made it racist?

I still plan to make my PC card deck someday, with an actual race card that can be played(I'll accept suggestions for a hierarchy). As much as it's played here and elsewhere, I think my PC deck would be a huge hit!

Anyhow, I am tempted to call this thread shameful, but I'm going to give it its fair chance first...you know, the golden rule?
Million dollar idea!

Million dollar idea!

The last however many primaries have given me a clue on the hierarchy... Race>Gender>Age, etc. I was originally thinking 52 cards, but I suppose a game more Magick: The Gathering style may be in order. Heck, I could probably come up with one to market to cynical college hoops fans, with a Duke flop, etc, if I still followed the game like I used to when I was a teenager.

Maryland fans complained for decades about the NC-centric nature of the Big East, so it’s not shocking to see/hear articles like this.

Immediately screaming “racism!” every time you here a perspective like this is really stupid though...especially considering the crowd that likes to immediately play the race card in these circumstances largely overlaps with the one which has no interest in Farrakhan and his ties to Democratic Party leaders. It’s only those nasty, icky conservatives that can be racist.

The perspective from the article is a terrible business model, and I expect that people with that view are going to be increasingly upset with the ACC approach going forward...but crying “racism!” About it is both laughable and pathetic.

If fishing is requisite move the tournament to Elfin Cove/Pelican, Homer, Kodiak, Dutch Harbor, Ketchikan or Petersburg.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom