Roy Williams take on the ACC tourney in Brooklyn | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Roy Williams take on the ACC tourney in Brooklyn

Maryland fans complained for decades about the NC-centric nature of the Big East, so it’s not shocking to see/hear articles like this.

Immediately screaming “racism!” every time you here a perspective like this is really stupid though...especially considering the crowd that likes to immediately play the race card in these circumstances largely overlaps with the one which has no interest in Farrakhan and his ties to Democratic Party leaders. It’s only those nasty, icky conservatives that can be racist.

The perspective from the article is a terrible business model, and I expect that people with that view are going to be increasingly upset with the ACC approach going forward...but crying “racism!” About it is both laughable and pathetic.

That took courage. (Disclaimer, I may not agree with everything in your post...dont claim to be knowledgable enough, but I know it took courage to speak out as a minority on here, which Ive supported numerous times today on a number of issues).

I was hoping someone would step up and answer my query tonight, but apparently we need to wait until tomorrow. Do we even know what race the author is? To me, THAT is a racist assumption. Is there some South that I'm unaware of that has some special race that NYC doesnt have? Braves star closer John Rocker challenged political correctness far more than this cat did when discussing his views of NYC. Are people in NY now that thin skinned unlike the days of not so long ago? This board displayed far more bigotry when first joining the ACC(and since) than anything this guy has said.

Note, I did not mention any names(dont even recall who said it, nor care), this isnt personal, but sadly seems systemic...and the casualness with how these accusations are tossed around bothers me far more than the accusations themselves. The media uses this ongoing playing up of trivial differences BS to divide and rule, while their establishment masters rob all groups blind.

Same circumstance, passing on the same day of the game, I have zero doubt there'd be a moment of silence. Nothing justifies what that idiot fan did.
I would hope you are right but don’t underestimate the distaste that the true natives of that area have for “those people”. Oh and that statement goes beyond race. It’s a strong cultural dislike overall.

North Carolina people butt hurt over their bigoted state. “Our people” = white people. Gross. And racist. How about we “venture out of Greensboro” permanently?
Yeah, that's not what that meant, and you know it. Shame on you.
It meant Yankees, in general.

Yeah, that's not what that meant, and you know it. Shame on you.
It meant Yankees, in general.

Agreed. Unless it’s changed a lot recently, Greensboro isn’t an especially “white” city at all.

This is all about “our people” meaning native southerners. That is a very real thing to a lot of people down there. It’s weird.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom