Roy Williams | Syracusefan.com

Roy Williams

SWC75

Bored Historian
How the heck do you signal for a time out with 1.6 seconds left? Do you expect to get a better shot with a defended inbounds pass than from your point guard streaking down the court?

Didn't they have 2 timeouts left? If they did not inbound the ball, they could have called to and then attempted a pass over half court and call their last to. Then they may have had a decent shot from the frontcourt. Lots would have had to go right but after the ball was inbounded, it was too late and they should have just shot the long distance prayer.

Roy never understood how to utilize TOs. He has tons of class and generally is a good coach but that one weakness is glaring.

He should have been out on the floor like a third base coach arm windmill telling his player to shoot.

How the heck do you signal for a time out with 1.6 seconds left? Do you expect to get a better shot with a defended inbounds pass than from your point guard streaking down the court?

I think Jamie Dixon is better at losing games with dumb coaching decisions than Roy.

Funny, I just read a thread on the UNC board giving Boeheim the business.

Seems like he signaled the timeout before the inbounds. Not much you can do with 1.6 on the clock.

And it was refreshing to watch two schools get out there and play actual basketball.

Roy called a timeout well before the clock ran out. The problem was, the refs missed it. Sucks that the game ended that way, but things happen. Iowa State played a hell of a game.

It's not like it hasn't happened before. I don't think he should've tried to call a timeout in that situation, but there's a more than a few NCAA tournament games that come to mind with a long inbounds pass and buzzer beater for the win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom