RU TD at End of Regulation | Syracusefan.com

RU TD at End of Regulation

Faegan

All Conference
Anyone else see the hold just before RU scored their TD? Someone was coming in over guard or center and their OL has his arm wrapped around his neck and then another RU player comes in hits him in the back to knock him down. Total BS, but at the end of the day, a non call isn't as relevant as how piss poor we played to put ourselves in that position.

The veins in my head almost popped when I saw that play. The problem is we have been living on the edge all year (except for USC) and have been able to pull out games despite the poor execution. Well the law of averages finally caught up with us. I agree that this game was poorly officiated (no excuse) and it wasn't just the bad calls or no calls. That crew didnt seem to have a clue as to what was going on. Constant stoppages etc... (combined with the poor level of play by both teams) made this an excruciating game to watch.

Anyone else see the hold just before RU scored their TD? Someone was coming in over guard or center and their OL has his arm wrapped around his neck and then another RU player comes in hits him in the back to knock him down. Total BS, but at the end of the day, a non call isn't as relevant as how piss poor we played to put ourselves in that position.

I saw that myself and expected a flag. That said, there were so many horrific calls in that game that I certainly didn't feel bad about it.

We'll have to put up with the ref BS for hopefully this season only. Had to love the one where they said our WR covered up the TE making him eligible. The WR was about 2 yards off the LOS.

I saw that myself and expected a flag. That said, there were so many horrific calls in that game that I certainly didn't feel bad about it.

As I said, nobody on this board is going to deny we earned our loss. This just was so blatant as it was coming right up the middle and right in front of the QB to send the game into OT. What.

And a no call certainly doesnt fix blown coverage. We had one guy pointing that the other should cover Sanu, the 2nd guy waves him off, then the guy pointing out proceeds to ignore it and blitz along with the other guy anyway. There is 1 guy you have to account for there, players acknowledged him, and said it lets both blitz anyway!

AKS, congrats on the win and specifically your defense for hanging in there in when alot of teams wouldve mailed it in. You're certainly a different breed of RU fan from what we see on here, appreciate you staying classy and bringing good insights to the board despite getting hammered for it half the time anyway.

We'll have to put up with the ref BS for hopefully this season only. Had to love the one where they said our WR covered up the TE making him eligible. The WR was about 2 yards off the LOS.

Wow, I completely forgot about that and havent yet watched the replay (I may never watch it actually). Was the TE lined up on the line of scrimmage?

I saw it live, pretty blatant miss-call. The BE refs have been pretty awful so far this season, at least in Syracuse games.

I saw it live, pretty blatant miss-call. The BE refs have been pretty awful so far this season, at least in Syracuse games.

Between the XP and the personal foul call on the FG block TD, I don't think we have too much to complain about. They missed a bad PI, but then called it on the same play later. Roughing the punter was BS, but we shouldn't have put ourselves in the position to get that called.

saw it. It was part of a long list of things that happened during the horror show. As repeated, though how did we ever get in that position.

Between the XP and the personal foul call on the FG block TD, I don't think we have too much to complain about. They missed a bad PI, but then called it on the same play later. Roughing the punter was BS, but we shouldn't have put ourselves in the position to get that called.

Even if we are getting the call, the other team is still getting screwed on a lousy call. It's still bad officiating :)

AKS, congrats on the win and specifically your defense for hanging in there in when alot of teams wouldve mailed it in. You're certainly a different breed of RU fan from what we see on here, appreciate you staying classy and bringing good insights to the board despite getting hammered for it half the time anyway.

I appreciate the kind words.

I don't know if the college rule is the same as the NFL, but there was a similar play involving Ed Reed in the Ravens-Jets game the other night, and the announcer said that if you run into the kicker's leg, it's automatically a roughing call.

My beef was that play was why you would even call for the block in that situation (4th & 19), when with even a modest return, you stand to come out of the exchange of possession with great field position, probably inside RU territory.

I appreciate the kind words.
AKS I was accused of bing a bandwagon fan by "vm1869 or whatever he calls himself" over on Rivals. LOL They can accuse me of calling Schiano: Shady, IROC, etc in the past, calling you guys Rutgirls all the time but calling me a bandwagon fan? LOL

BTW, personally I see both of us in the 6-7 win category this year.

I don't know if the college rule is the same as the NFL, but there was a similar play involving Ed Reed in the Ravens-Jets game the other night, and the announcer said that if you run into the kicker's leg, it's automatically a roughing call.

My beef was that play was why you would even call for the block in that situation (4th & 19), when with even a modest return, you stand to come out of the exchange of possession with great field position, probably inside RU territory.

I wondered that about the rule. Not sure in college or not, but it sounds like the facemask thing where it's no longer 5 or 15. It's just 15.

I've come to the realization that holding occurs on at least 75% of the plays. Refs call it once in awhile when they feel like it. You can't even say they only call it when it's really obvious, because they miss those half the time too.