Rumor re:Rutgers B1G invite...anyone else hearing this? | Syracusefan.com

Rumor re:Rutgers B1G invite...anyone else hearing this?

tep624

Living Legend
Caught wind of a rumor involving Rutgers' invitation to the B1G being revoked and UCONN being invited in their place. My source made it sound like the odds were leaning towards it happening at the present but the situation was still very fluid - don't know if that's 51% possibility or 99% possibility.

Anyone else hearing this?

Mark made it up earlier, or did he...

Plus, obviously it's Oklahoma.

McMurphyESPN Brett McMurphy
Jim Delany said Rutgers situation "will have no impact on Rutgers' transition to, or membership in, Big Ten Conference"

Caught wind of a rumor involving Rutgers' invitation to the B1G being revoked and UCONN being invited in their place. My source made it sound like the odds were leaning towards it happening at the present but the situation was still very fluid - don't know if that's 51% possibility or 99% possibility.

Check in with the Dude, he has contacts in every conference. couchburn

McMurphyESPN Brett McMurphy
Jim Delany said Rutgers situation "will have no impact on Rutgers' transition to, or membership in, Big Ten Conference"

I wouldn't be hanging my hat on anything Jim Delany says publicly. Here are some of his more recent quotes:

Delany claimed the Big Ten division alignment was not something you looked at “on a five or 10-year basis.” He thought “some future administration” might reevaluate it “20 years from now.” (The B1G floated division realignment two years later.)
“We certainly didn’t set it up to change it. I doubt whether or not a five-year competitive record would be sufficient justification to go back to the drawing board. I think if you look at it 20 years from now and it was out of kilter and it had been out of kilter for a decade, some future administration might look at it. … Twenty years from now, maybe the world will be different. And maybe it’ll be time to take a look. But we certainly didn’t set out thinking we were going to be tweaking this on a five- or 10-year basis.”​
Delany suggested the Big Ten would stick “at 12 for many years” because Big Ten teams “really want to play each other more and not less.” (The B1G added Maryland and Rutgers 23 months later.)
“To be honest with you, I know we’ll monitor the landscape as any good group ought to, every five years or so. We all read the papers and we all watch TV and we all watch our competition. But I will tell you this, the amount of respect or affection we have for each other is high and we really want to play each other more and not less. And so I think it’s more likely than not that we’ll be at 12 for many years.”​
Delany was asked if he foresaw “any possibility at any time in the future that the Big Ten might favor a playoff system rather than the BCS.” His response was curt.
“No. You wanted a simple answer to a simple question.”​

RU is 100% signed, sealed, and delivered to the B1G.

Nowthat would be more than funny.Watching Rutgers flapping around like one wing turkey going for lift off is amusing.Its a :rolling: karma payback for Schiano's garbage all those years.

it's ridiculous that Delaney even had to say anything. Obviously their basketball program wasn't the reason they were taken in the first place. Blatantly made up drivel.

I would be shocked if they happened. I'd be rolling on the floor laughing my butt off, but still a bit surprised.

As entertaining as that would be, seems like all kinds of lawsuits waiting to happen.

Ummm, if they didn't kick out PSU, why would this bother the Big Money Grab.

Well, now I've heard it. Does that count?

it's ridiculous that Delaney even had to say anything. Obviously their basketball program wasn't the reason they were taken in the first place. Blatantly made up drivel.
And I don't think they were taken for their football team either...or any athletic team for that matter.

Delaney and the Buttgers President are a good match - masters of doubletalk.

The B1G deserves that shitshow.

They asked for RU, and now they've got them.

The B1G didn't care about Rutgers University or their athletic teams or their fan base or any of it.

They just wanted the NJ cable subscriber base. If there wasn't a Rutgers, they would have offered B1G admission to Fairleigh Dickinson.

No different than a developer who buys a house but really just wants the land the house is sitting on.

The B1G didn't care about Rutgers University or their athletic teams or their fan base or any of it.

They just wanted the NJ cable subscriber base. If there wasn't a Rutgers, they would have offered B1G admission to Fairleigh Dickinson.

No different than a developer who buys a house but really just wants the land the house is sitting on.

More or less how I see the situation. Probably just some misinformationthat was out there that made its way to me. Oh well.