Rumor: Skaneateles team suspended, no game tomorrow... | Syracusefan.com

Rumor: Skaneateles team suspended, no game tomorrow...

I use to say the only thing good in that town is Rosalie's, now that sucks too. Who cares about Skaneateles and their Class C Football program, everyone involved over there should be embarrased and ashamed of their conduct.. get a ing life all of them, you reap what you sow..

That is awful...

SHAME ON THE ADMINISTRATION FOR PUNISHING THESE KIDS!

You are taking something wonderful from these kids for your own political gain.

That is a big blow. They were having a terrific season, too. It would have looked bad if this didn't happen though. I feel bad for the kids. They had a shot at making it out of the section, too.

I know Rathbun very well. He's a really good person. I guess this wasn't his decision alone, but man I gotta disagree

I know Rathbun very well. He's a really good person. I guess this wasn't his decision alone, but man I gotta disagree
Did the "recruited" kid's name ever come up, or has he been anonymous throughout this ordeal? And is he still on the team?

That is awful...

SHAME ON THE ADMINISTRATION FOR PUNISHING THESE KIDS!

You are taking something wonderful from these kids for your own political gain.

Why shame on the Section 3 admins? Those are the rules. If the kids and their parents, many who knew what was going on, were so concerned they should have blown in the coaches from day 1. They didn't because they wanted to benefit from the fruits of cheating for themselves also. That makes them complicit. The only shame that should be given out is on Tim.

I have no dog in this fight. But it must have been pretty bad for this to be the result. You can't allow cheating. But to punish all of the kids is brutal.

Did the "recruited" kid's name ever come up, or has he been anonymous throughout this ordeal? And is he still on the team?

It was a total of 9 kids that Skaneateles allegedly attempted to recruit. Apparently, only one ended up moving into the district to play football and he played on the JV this season. An article by Donnie and John O'Brien earlier this week speculated that it was Charles Capone, who attended Liverpool last year.

It was a total of 9 kids that Skaneateles allegedly attempted to recruit. Apparently, only one ended up moving into the district to play football and he played on the JV this season. An article by Donnie and John O'Brien earlier this week speculated that it was Charles Capone, who attended Liverpool last year.

I think there is more than that...

Bets on the lawyers already working on getting an injuction to allow Skaneateles to play tomorrow?

Good news is the refs scheduled to work tomorrow's 3:00 pm game can now watch the Cuse Louisville game. Silver lining.:)

This is horse ****. Anyone who is remotely knowledgeable about the hiring of Green as head coach knows that there were a certain number of people in the Skan district that did NOT want Green to be the head coach. Period. He only won the position by a single vote. There are people out there who don't like that his son is the starting QB. What an ironic situation it is that he is on the verge of leading the team to a possible shot at a state championship and this BS review by the school comes back to bite him. What coincidental timing?!

As far as I can tell, there is no concrete proof that anything happened being tied to Green or his coaches. The radio show on 97.7 yesterday was digging into this issue and came to the same conclusion. No hard evidence, just circumstantial and a lot of finger pointing.

Bottom line: Appears that some rich daddy's don't like that their sons aren't playing under Green and want Green out. Sounds plausible to me.

This is horse ****. Anyone who is remotely knowledgeable about the hiring of Green as head coach knows that there were a certain number of people in the Skan district that did NOT want Green to be the head coach. Period. He only won the position by a single vote. There are people out there who don't like that his son is the starting QB. What an ironic situation it is that he is on the verge of leading the team to a possible shot at a state championship and this BS review by the school comes back to bite him. What coincidental timing?!

As far as I can tell, there is no concrete proof that anything happened being tied to Green or his coaches. The radio show on 97.7 yesterday was digging into this issue and came to the same conclusion. No hard evidence, just circumstantial and a lot of finger pointing.

Bottom line: Appears that some rich daddy's don't like that their sons aren't playing under Green and want Green out. Sounds plausible to me.

Not insinuating that there's nothing to what you're saying, but how do you explain the statements of three kids from Weedsport and a kid from Section IV that present virtually the same allegations?

It should be noted that the report doesn't specifically name Green. It's possible a rogue assistant had more to do with this than Green.

On a side note, iPhone 4S autocorrect changes Skaneateles to "ska eaters." :crazy:

I don't see why one kid that is on the JV team is taking away from an entire Varsity team.

On another side note, iPhone 4s autocorrect also changes "Schiano" to "monkey face with no conference"
Android auto corrects Schiano to Dickweed

some here needs to totally forget what the school boards report said.

don't think for a second the section 3 committee has not fully thought thru this knowing already who green has retained as his lawyer.a former u.s district attorney daniel french.

Oh, I don't doubt it. And I know it's deeper than just my knee-jerk reaction. Looking at it in a simplistic view, it's a shame that something that didn't directly affect this year's Skan Varsity team has to keep them out of the playoffs. That said, it is the right move by the school to save face in this situation and suspend the team. It's just a shame for the kids. And who knows, there probably is more behind what the public knows right now.

gotcha, I guess I was misinformed by someone's post that it was the recruiting of 9 players, but only one actually switched districts and played on the JV team...

^^this

gotcha, I guess I was misinformed by someone's post that it was the recruiting of 9 players, but only one actually switched districts and played on the JV team...

^^this

Hey, just going on what was stated in the official investigation and in the stories filed by Donnie Webb and John O'Brien.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom