Rumor | Syracusefan.com

Rumor

BlackKnight76

All American
Not from my best source, but interesting anyway, so take it with a big grain of salt.

BE might let us and Pitt go after next year, but make WVU wait the full 27 months.

Not from my best source, but interesting anyway, so take it with a big grain of salt.

BE might let us and Pitt go after next year, but make WVU wait the full 27 months.
WVU hasn't played nice.

Seems hard to believe. But it would be a nice result.

I was encouraged when I read that TGD texted Marianatto a smiley face when he got the news that the Big East was adding 5 new members.

West Virginia has really just handled this like an a@@hole. I would be embarrassed if Gross acted even remotely like Luck. Luck didn't just burn the bridge, he nuked it. I hope the ACC and Big East completely block out wvu.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Unlikely because it will be viewed as punitive.

Can't see how the BE would be on sound legal footing if this happened, but it would be great if true.

WVU is gone. No judge will ever file an injunction to make a school play games against certain other schools. And any lawsuit will get settled.

News flash to BE. WVU will play in Big12 next year come hell or high water.

Wvu is gone regardless of whether the Big East wants to keep them for the 27 month period. There is no chance they will be back. The only game they really want to keep on the schedule out of all the Big East teams is Pitt anyways so it's not like Luck cares if he burns their bridge to the Big East. Pitt will still want them on their schedule too

Reading their respective message boards, neither WVU nor Pitt fans really want to play one another anymore. I just get the sense that all Big East rivalries need to take a few years off until this realignment shakes out...

I think that Doc has done a fantastic job under very difficult conditions. Our Olympic sports are doing very well. He has handled the Fine situation perfectly. The fact that he was able to obtain a spot in the ACC for Syracuse will go down in my book as one of the best if not the best accomplishment of any AD we have ever had. From what i have been told this was very very difficult and Doc had a lot to do with it. I also like the way he has handled the big east. I believe that Syracuse made every effort to remain a member but when the ND gang voted down the last offer from ESPN which was very solid and actually had an excalator clause which could have increase the take we were done. The fact that he is taking the high road now that the big east has saved itself is spot on for him . Im very glad we have him.

I think that Doc has done a fantastic job under very difficult conditions. Our Olympic sports are doing very well.
Olympic sports? Didn't we drop most of them, e.g. wrestling and swimming and gymnastics?

Olympic sports? Didn't we drop most of them, e.g. wrestling and swimming and gymnastics?
No we didnt drop most of them and the ones that we compete in we are doing well plus we have added womens hockey to the mix. Do you think doc is doing a bad job Al?

wv is gone.

that leaves 5 teams to fight to keep them. i doubt storz and rut will vote to keep them here.

hel, i doubt lville and cindy would too.

that leaves the hoop onlies.

and the football teams will tell them to go F themselves.

but heres the problem...2012.

i think the smart move is to let wv go, and SU and pitt stay.

at least for football, lets play hoop in the ACC.

i think ive read where the bmw allows for schools to play football in the bmw, but hoop and other sports elsewhere.....

lets work a deal where SU can get the F out for everything but 1 more year of football.

id be ok with that.

the bmw would be more than fine (shlitz, cant use that word anymore) theyd be more than ok, with the bakers dozen left...and the 12-13 SU included ACC hoop season would be a nice lead into ACC football in 2013.

Oh Lord

Reading their respective message boards, neither WVU nor Pitt fans really want to play one another anymore. I just get the sense that all Big East rivalries need to take a few years off until this realignment shakes out...

Yeah, but they fill their stadiums. WVU fills it most of the time but Pitt needs it, it's one of the times they actually look like they can somewhat fill Hinez Stadium

We didn't drop wrestling under TGD's regime. Nor, I believe, did we drop gymnastics while he was AD. Swimming, yes.

Point is: we don't have many Olympic sports left at SU.
Women's hockey - I'm sure there's a big following for that somewhere.

I am not sure what the bmw says on BB but I do know that there was an article stating that SU and Pitt would be included in the ACC BB scheduling talks in February 2012.
As for Olympic Sports, I really wish that SU would bring back Swim and Dive. The ACC has a beautiful new aquatic center to be used for their conference championships. In fact the center looks on track for holding the next Oympic time trials.

Just an FYI if they play football in the Big East they have to play all sports in the Big East. Once the school year starts (July 1st) that is your conference for the year. You can't start in one and finish in another.

Just an FYI if they play football in the Big East they have to play all sports in the Big East.

There has to be some sort of work around on this because Boise and SD are joining for football only.

The fact that he was able to obtain a spot in the ACC for Syracuse will go down in my book as one of the best if not the best accomplishment of any AD we have ever had.

I think you have to put that side by side with Jake's influence in forming the original BE and following that up with expanding the Conference to add football.

When BE football started there were several football-only members. All but Temple eventually became all-sports members.

That said, I think the BMW would not tolerate a weakened (both in quality and number) basketball lineup. TV contracts may also make an early departure problematic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom