Run vs. Pass mixture this year | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Run vs. Pass mixture this year

Lots of good points from you, 007.

If you watch a lot of BG highlights, they don't run the zone read that much (3-4 times a game). The bubble is there though, as is the RB between the tackles (I assume due to #'s).

Thanks Cusian, I'm sure you have seen a lot more BG games then I have. Just re-watched the first half of the MAC championship game. BG gouged NI with the running game. It's hard to tell how many of those runs were zone reads b/c they handed off to back nearly every time. That could very well be by design. I watched play side action and they showed a bubble on about 30% of those runs.

I read somewhere that Baylor has historically shown zone read or play action about 75% of the time. They want you to have to defend the threat of the inside run game, while stretching you out on the perimeter.

007 said:
Thanks Cusian, I'm sure you have seen a lot more BG games then I have. Just re-watched the first half of the MAC championship game. BG gouged NI with the running game. It's hard to tell how many of those runs were zone reads b/c they handed off to back nearly every time. That could very well be by design. I watched play side action and they showed a bubble on about 30% of those runs. I read somewhere that Baylor has historically shown zone read or play action about 75% of the time. They want you to have to defend the threat of the inside run game, while stretching you out on the perimeter.

What's amazing to me from that game (and others) is that run between the tackles gains so many yards consistently. It must be a defense picking it's poison and choosing to stop the width/depth of the passing game vs stopping the run. But it's nuts. And smart.

Reactions: 007
What's amazing to me from that game (and others) is that run between the tackles gains so many yards consistently. It must be a defense picking it's poison and choosing to stop the width/depth of the passing game vs stopping the run. But it's nuts. And smart.

For sure. BG Oline did a great job with power run blocking and those backs were great at hitting the crease and making the 1st man miss. When you only keep 5/6 in the box, it's very difficult to stop inside run game unless your DL has a couple of studs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom