Running the table next 7 games | Syracusefan.com

Running the table next 7 games

M

Manleymen

We can argue if Cuse can win the next 7 games! They should win The lions share. What does everyone desire to see during this run with respect to improving the team for a March madness shot and of course the ACC regular season preceding that? What is your Cuse Christmas list? I would like to see Justin Turner get more shots and player experience. Judah be a 5 tool player that would really benefit the team. Joe make smarter decisions on shot selection and show up on defense. Bell get more spacing for shots and pick it up on defense. Jesse stay out of foul trouble.

We can argue if Cuse can win the next 7 games! They should win The lions share. What does everyone desire to see during this run with respect to improving the team for a March madness shot and of course the ACC regular season preceding that? What is your Cuse Christmas list? I would like to see Justin Turner get more shots and player experience. Judah be a 5 tool player that would really benefit the team. Joe make smarter decisions on shot selection and show up on defense. Bell get more spacing for shots and pick it up on defense. Jesse stay out of foul trouble.
#1 for me - Benny needs to figure out what he wants to do/be. He has to be consistent against these level of teams the next 7 or it's just not going to work out for him.

Justin Taylor also. I think he will get minutes but he has to keep earning them.

if we go 5-2 with this team its probably a step in the right direction..

Gtown we always struggle
cornell is a pain to play with the style this coach uses.
Pitt/BC/Lou. just go 2-1 and more is gravy.

10-8 going to Miami is the bar for me. if its 12-6 thats nice.

I think this team has the capability of running off the next 7. They can also lose the next 7. Hopefully they learned something in the Notre Dame game and grow from it. But, we need Joe to be consistently good. His effort against ND is what we need to see every game on every play. Jesse won't always have such a mismatch, but he needs to keep being featured. Judah needs to keep growing as a player. Benny needs to keep playing hard and focus on rebounding and defense. I think by the end of the year, Taylor is going to prove to be a solid support player (already has in my opinion) and future star.

I see 4 traditional powers and/or rivals in the next 7 games. Without looking into it, I would like to see us split those 4 games & win the other 3 games. So, go 5-2 to be at 9-6. Obviously, 10-5 would be even better. Looking into it a little,
  • Georgetown is 4-5 w wins over nobody special, so I expect we win it.
  • Pittsburgh is 6-3 w a win over NC State & a close loss to VCU. I hope we win this, but expect a loss.
  • BC is 5-4 w wins over nobody special, and a 16 point loss to Duke. I hope we win this, but could be a loss.
  • Louisville is 0-8, so I expect we win it.
I would like to see a balanced offense with 2 guys getting 15ish & 4 more getting 9ish. So, 70ish points a game, but w some balance.

On D
  • We need to close on shooters. It is infuriating to watch scholarship players, some with too much rope, close out slowly and passively, like they are going in for a 3rd helping at Thanksgiving dinner. They should play D like their scholarship depends on their effort.
  • JB won't do it, but I personally would like to see us press in situations.
  • I would like to see more guys rebounding, with at least 4 guys getting a minimum of 4-5 rebounds a game. This would be a sign people are active, aware, and giving effort.
Overall, I want to see
  • Edwards stay out of foul trouble, continue to excel like he has been & come out of this on some watch lists.
  • JG be consistent, obviously.
  • Mintz to make the players around him better.
  • Benny Williams to get 8 points and 8 rebounds a game.
  • Justin Taylor to get 11ish points and 5 rebounds a game.
  • Symir Torrence to get 15 minutes per game.
  • Hima, if healthy, to get 1 rebound & block in every 2-3 minutes of play, and to play even if Edwards is in.
  • Bol, Brown, Copeland, & Carey - I haven't seen enough to know what they are capable of. Brown kinda disappears. I like Bols energy & would be nice if Copeland found a role.

Joe. 35% from 3, more Assists than TOs, and 3 or more rebounds. shouldn't be asking much of a Sr

Hmmmm 7 games...6 in a row at home and then L'Ville away.
Under achievement is losing more than 1. Looking at records, we should/could win all 7.

I want to see Mintz run the offense, penetrate and dish and have a better feel for what a good outside shot is. I want to see Torrence provide capable PG play/defense when called on.
Benny and Bell...? I want to see you guys turn up the "volume". Go ahead and MAKE MISTAKES at full speed.
I'd rather see that than the duck squeeze you're serving up now.
I want to see more movement on offense/off ball screens and pics... this standing around the last 15 secs of a possession has got to stop.
Keep bringing along Bol and Taylor- these guys both seem to be fundamentally sound players.
Finally, press for no reason. Work on it coming out of the 2nd half. We're going to need it at some point and with guys like Copeland and Hima, we got the horses.

What has me down is that we could win the next 7 and it might not mean very much. I'm enjoying watching some of the freshmen beginning to find themselves, and I look forward to the team developing enough that they could make a run in the ACCT.

The most Syracuse thing ever would be to win the next 6 and then lose to winless Louisville…
"The most Syracuse thing ever"

Do you have any good examples of a consistent history of doing something like this, even in our down stretch over the last 5-7 years? So much that it would be so "Syracuse" to do that? What a confusing remark.

If we run the table kudos to Boeheim. I'll give credit where credit is due. The coach will have coached up the talent to beat teams we are more talented than.

If we were to get to 12-6, we have a shot at the NCAA tournament with the ACC so down.

Somebody mentioned the press. We have the numbers to do that this year without gassing all players who see PT.

Remember JB mentioned Jessie not playing every day over summer. Maybe comming back into form now. Yes he had a mismatch with ND but it’s impressive what he can do. I think he’s been coached up well.

Now we need our cupcakes to get rolling.

if we go 5-2 with this team its probably a step in the right direction..

Gtown we always struggle
cornell is a pain to play with the style this coach uses.
Pitt/BC/Lou. just go 2-1 and more is gravy.
nell
10-8 going to Miami is the bar for me. if its 12-6 thats nice.

You're opinion is very realistic - and it's also very very depressing - I cannot believe I just read that Cornell is a tough game and that it's probably the actual case

cornell is not as good as last year but they play a style that messes up some teams and we are not all the reselient to styles I dont think

1 game at a time. Love the way the boys have rebounded after being embarrassed in Illinois. With a team like this though no sense trying to count wins.

Would love to see us control the Georgetown game from start to finish. It’s been a dog fight every year despite them being so bad. Still embarrassed we lost to them last year.

Of this 7 game run we need. If the basketball gods could have it in their hearts to help us ensure game 2 is a win that would be great.

JB will never be under .500 for the rest of his coaching career.

Market. Down.

Pittsburgh is much better this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom