RU's new Nike Unis | Syracusefan.com

RU's new Nike Unis

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL
http://www.scarletknights.com/football/news/release.asp?prID=11780#.T6AgQFLB2iB

uniform_comp.jpg

Rutgers_Home_A_FINAL.jpg

Ar08TogCIAM6Zai.jpg

Wasn't there a rumor we'll be getting new ones this year, too?

Look pretty slick except the duct tape numbers. What's with Nike and that color?

Not bad but I dont like that the helmets are all grey. I am sure we are do for some new unis again hopefully we can get some new looks to. Would love to see a blue on blue version.

Boy-oh-boy...if RU only had a real coach over the past 10 years, they may actually have become a national program. With the exception of the coach, they have everything in place.

Good thing for us "In Shady They Trusted"...

Rutgers_Home_A_FINAL.jpg

I like this look. Might look good in Orange with Blue accents. Watching the draft and all the SU clips I thought we looked a little "dowdy".

Rutgers Hoping New Football Unis Impact Recruiting

Can new Nike football uniforms help impact recruiting at Rutgers?

Head coach Kyle Flood and the players believe they can.

“I think it will be easy for recruits to recognize us,” Rutgers senior defensive tackleScott Vallone told SNY.tv at the SNY studios when the uniforms were unveiled. “It will be a distinct look that incorporates a Scarlet Knight and battle ‘scars.’ I think it will be something that people will be able to identify us with and that will be a very positive thing for recruiting.”

You gotta watch the video. Ridiculous.

Rutgers Hoping New Football Unis Impact Recruiting

Can new Nike football uniforms help impact recruiting at Rutgers?

Head coach Kyle Flood and the players believe they can.

“I think it will be easy for recruits to recognize us,” Rutgers senior defensive tackleScott Vallone told SNY.tv at the SNY studios when the uniforms were unveiled. “It will be a distinct look that incorporates a Scarlet Knight and battle ‘scars.’ I think it will be something that people will be able to identify us with and that will be a very positive thing for recruiting.”

You gotta watch the video. Ridiculous.
New Conference or new uniforms? hmmmmmm . . . . new uniforms.

They look great.

I don't think we can pull something like this off, maybe if we by some miracle got a massive bandwagon following in the next two years, but we shall see.

Most of the hardcores won't be happy until we're wearing exact replicas of the '87 team, right down to the belly shirts and screenprinted numbers ;)

Now that they are securely tucked away in CUSA II, it won't matter what they wear or don't wear as fewer and fewer and fewer people will see them play. They might eventually migrate to tights and pink tutu's to try and get some attention.

They look great.

I don't think we can pull something like this off, maybe if we by some miracle got a massive bandwagon following in the next two years, but we shall see.

Most of the hardcores won't be happy until we're wearing exact replicas of the '87 team, right down to the belly shirts and screenprinted numbers ;)

New uniforms seem desperate to me.

When I think of Oklahoma, or Nebraska or Michigan or the whole rest of the college football establishment, changes in uniforms isn't something that springs to mind.

Our big change was under Maloney in the 1970's ... and it was a deperate ploy.

When I think of Oklahoma, or Nebraska or Michigan or the whole rest of the college football establishment, changes in uniforms isn't something that springs to mind.

well - they're clearly never going to be associated with that 'establishment', that ship sailed for them a long time ago - however, some schools, such as Oregon, TCU, BSU, and to a lesser extent Cincy, etc have been very successful in recent years using interesting uniforms to try to play catch-up with those establishment schools. If you're Rutgers - why the hell not - what have you got to lose at this point?

Actually, I think now the only way you can get away with it is if you have a ton of history (throwback-inspired!) and a stadium that seats 80,000 plus.

I remember Michigan had a bumblebee thing going with numbers on the helmets, and Ohio State did some weird old timey stuff too. Georgia went Rollerball for last year's opener. I bet we'll see Alabama in some houndstooth helmets sooner than later.

Rutgers, obviously, are posers so your point about desperation fits, although in a different way.

I like our uniforms, I like new uniforms too. But I like our diehard fans more. We don't need anyone getting a heart attack and having their last words be "NIKE!!!!"

http://www.scarletknights.com/football/news/release.asp?prID=11780#.T6AgQFLB2iB

uniform_comp.jpg

Rutgers_Home_A_FINAL.jpg

Ar08TogCIAM6Zai.jpg

Wasn't there a rumor we'll be getting new ones this year, too?

I am officially very old as I cannot believe that the majority of the posts say "not bad." These, like all these new unis, look ridiculous to me. And the black and silver thing is way overdone now. Maybe you have to be old enough to remember Rutgers as the Scarlet Knights to know how stupid black and silver uniforms are - sorta like gray as a major accent on Syracuse Orange unis.

Our big change was under Maloney in the 1970's ... and it was a deperate ploy.[/quote]

Well the saying goes "Desperate times call for desperate measures" and those were certainly desperate times.

I equate these new style of unis with selling a house...just a little "cosmetic" updating, like a coat of paint, to make it more appealing to the buyer.

I think they should have gone with something like this. What with all the wood choppin' and such...
224144689.jpg

And yet they're still going to be stuck in the Big East.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
colpars13

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom