Rush-Henrietta | Syracusefan.com

Rush-Henrietta

OrangeMuskyFish

Starter
Won their first game 48-18 over Webster Schroeder... the team appears to be built around a very strong running game, at least while they break in a new QB (big shoes to fill). Christian Harris had 113yd and 3 TD on 5 carries and another 41yd TD catch. His teammate, Derick Peters, had 178yd and 2 TD on 19 carries.

Last year, Nick Robinson ended up falling into our laps and earning one of our last available scholarships, despite a very projectable frame, reportedly good athleticism, and a very strong HS career. I have a feeling it's going to end up a very positive signing for us.

Two years ago, Jay Bromley ended up a similar story, and I think WE ALL KNOW, that he was a very positive signing for us.

Does Derick Peters or Christian Harris end up this year's example of a completely unheralded NYS recruit that we get great value from in the form of a late pickup? Right now I would think Peters would be the better target because his size could make him useful at a whole bunch of positions.

Wow. Scout still list's Peters as being with Canandaigua Academy.

I like Peters and think he has great upside to him. I saw a few of his games last year while visiting family and friends.I wouldn't mind at all if he landed a scholarship offer and accepted it.

Wow. Scout still list's Peters as being with Canandaigua Academy.

I like Peters and think he has great upside to him. I saw a few of his games last year while visiting family and friends.I wouldn't mind at all if he landed a scholarship offer and accepted it.

Agreed... Don't want to sound like a 40-watcher, but i'd like to know in what range he runs. Despite his weight, in the picture I saw of him in the paper he appeared to be pretty chiseled with a lot of room for added growth. I feel between the season he put up last year, his size, and his position flexibility, this would be an easy three-star recruit if he were down south, possibly a 4. Very intrigued by him. As well as by Harris, albeit to a lesser extent. Decent size, and if he really has the jets that a 25 yard per carry average in their last game leads you to believe... could be something special.

Christian Harris had another big game this weekend against Fairport. 196 yards and 3 Tds on 11 carries.

Christian Harris had another big game this weekend against Fairport. 196 yards and 3 Tds on 11 carries.

Thanks for the update... any news on Peters... I still like Peters due to the fact he can bring a combo back presence and has more position flexibility, but the amount of yards that Harris is putting up on so few carries makes you think that his speed MUST be legit. If so, 5'11" 185lb as a senior is not too small by any means to develop into a 210lb combo back in his own right, if he can keep his athleticism.

Thanks for the update... any news on Peters... I still like Peters due to the fact he can bring a combo back presence and has more position flexibility, but the amount of yards that Harris is putting up on so few carries makes you think that his speed MUST be legit. If so, 5'11" 185lb as a senior is not too small by any means to develop into a 210lb combo back in his own right, if he can keep his athleticism.

Peters was suspended for violating team rules.

Won their first game 48-18 over Webster Schroeder... the team appears to be built around a very strong running game, at least while they break in a new QB (big shoes to fill). Christian Harris had 113yd and 3 TD on 5 carries and another 41yd TD catch. His teammate, Derick Peters, had 178yd and 2 TD on 19 carries.

Does Derick Peters or Christian Harris end up this year's example of a completely unheralded NYS recruit that we get great value from in the form of a late pickup? Right now I would think Peters would be the better target because his size could make him useful at a whole bunch of positions.

I seem to recall when the list of returning all-state players was posted on some other site, that R-H had at least 3 all-star linemen returning. Might want to check film to see if the big numbers are due to the players carrying the ball or those creating the holes. And also the quality of opponents to see if it could be both or neither.

I seem to recall when the list of returning all-state players was posted on some other site, that R-H had at least 3 all-star linemen returning. Might want to check film to see if the big numbers are due to the players carrying the ball or those creating the holes. And also the quality of opponents to see if it could be both or neither.

I believe I read that they had a junior OL transfer in that was already 6'4" 295... Another RH player to keep a sharp eye on perhaps????

I don't know how good they are this year, but Webster Schroeder is usually one of the better teams in section v.