Rutgers Attendance | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Rutgers Attendance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, please.

“look silly”?

We have an INDOOR VENUE.
It’s a totally different situation than an outdoor stadium.

Yeah, It’d be so much better to host a potential suoer-spreader event, than ‘look bad on TV’ :rolleyes:

Agreed. Look silly? Really. I am going. Going to do some serious tailgating with buddies I have not hung out with for quite some time. And when it's time I will mask up and head in. Not crazy about it but it's not my call. If you want to go to the game then you wear a mask. If not, then no big deal. I know some of my buddies that if it's a nice day will probably hang out and tailgate well after kick off and that's fine too.

I'll be buying one drink for every quarter...I'm going to drink slowly.

I think we'll have about 27,000 in there. Normal times with no covid, cash and regular tickets we'd have 42-44K

Kind of what I was thinking on every front Mark.

But what looks "silly," is in the eyes of the beholder. Looking silly or not, is not the standard here.

I thought I saw a game on after ours on Saturday night where the fans appeared masked up. It was outdoors and I was quite surprised to see that given I have generally accepted chances of spread is extremely minimal outdoors, particularly when there is some distancing occurring. I think it was @ Oregon.

Oregon's Governor has a universal mask mandate. Inside / outside, wherever you may be (Rosie isn't coming out tonight).

I would think in Madison or Ann Arbor that the concourses/bathrooms were very crowded, and covered.

Not bashing our rules, but I just don’t think the Dome having a high roof overhead (and always about 12,000 empty seats) is a considerably more transmission spot than 100,000 people with no empty seats, and people coming/going thru covered concourses, just because there isn’t a roof over the field.

Just an opinion though.

good point. FSU, Madison, VT, UM...concourses and bathrooms probably way worse than the Dome with all those people packed on top of each other.

Agreed. Look silly? Really. I am going. Going to do some serious tailgating with buddies I have not hung out with for quite some time. And when it's time I will mask up and head in. Not crazy about it but it's not my call. If you want to go to the game then you wear a mask. If not, then no big deal. I know some of my buddies that if it's a nice day will probably hang out and tailgate well after kick off and that's fine too.

Yep, that’s our plan, but like Mark said I imagine I’ll be having a few beverages throughout the game. I just feel bad for the ushers, do they get hazard pay? We sit right next to ours, will probably chat up and see how they’re supposed to handle it.

Having the tents early to get a wristband for the vaccine or negative test is huge. Hope everyone gets the memo on that, can tailgate longer.

Doesn't matter to me. 25k, 30k, whatever. Nothing I can do about it. Go if you want to. Don't go if you don't want to. Watch on TV if you want to.

I really truly have no idea at all. All i know is I will be there. I will be masked throughout unless drinking something (and I mean that literally...prob will have it up 90% of the time)...I am hoping to get 32K. That seems to be the threshold, for me, where it tips from feeling meh to feeling like a solid showing. But I just dont know. When you add up the people who aren't into the team following a 1-10, plus the people who arent into wearing a mask, plus the ultra cautious who dont want to go for their own safety reasons...there's sadly a lot of excuses people could make. But I am hoping for a loud 32K.

I’m very comfortable saying that anyone who watches our game on Saturday and says “man those people look silly in masks!” are probably not amongst the best and brightest Americans this country has to offer.

I mean, of all the things to worry about…

If we win this game, I don’t care if the fans wear N95 body armor. (If such a thing exists).

Masks prevent transmission. If you mask up, and I mask up, the likelihood of you and I getting each other sick is incredibly low. That's why there was no spread in K-12 schools last year in NY. Juxtapose that with an unmasked teacher in California, taking her mask off to read, and infecting half her class.

This shouldnt be political, at all, for two reasons. 1) SU is a private university and if they direct you to wear a mask, whether you like it or don't, whether its supported by science of not, you wear a mask or don't come. 2) How hard is it to wear a mask?

If you're talking specifically about N95 masks, then your statement would be more factual. However, most folks aren't wearing these, but rather types that vary significantly depending upon the type. Therefore, your "prevention" take is a bit inaccurate. Perhaps, mask types that most will be wearing may mitigate spread to some degree (while actually being worn), but that's a far cry from "prevention." Not to mention the probability that most there will have some type of food, drink item, etc. in hand (to somewhat scoot around the policy) while yelling, cheering, etc. that makes the mask policy practically moot.

If you're talking specifically about N95 masks, then your statement would be more factual. However, most folks aren't wearing these, but rather types that vary significantly depending upon the type. Therefore, your "prevention" take is a bit inaccurate. Perhaps, mask types that most will be wearing may mitigate spread to some degree (while actually being worn), but that's a far cry from "prevention." Not to mention the probability that most there will have some type of food, drink item, etc. in hand (to somewhat scoot around the policy) while yelling, cheering, etc. that makes the mask policy practically moot.

Oh goodness...

Why wearing masks is important: the Urine Test.

But in general, it probably would be more effective if we all wore n95s, and if we did not take breaks for eating or drinking. Neither of those things are likely feasible though. So just wearing a regular mask will have to do.

Anyway, I dont really have anything else novel or interesting to add to this thread, so i'll shut my yapper.

Last edited:
My 10year old son wants to go but with school starting tomorrow don't think we'll have the time to get a test?
The Wellnow franchises in CNY guarantee 24 turnaround time for their tests. My wife got food poisoning late last week and she and I needed to get tested before I could return to work (and go to Ohio for the football road trip). They say if you make an appointment before noon, they will get your result that day. My wife and I got tested around 1 pm and got the result the day of the test.

If you go there, strongly recommend making an appointment. Easy to do on line from their website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom