Rutgers Attendance | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Rutgers Attendance

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate that it’s always a bargain for this, yet I watched a good amount of college football this weekend and saw tons of electric environments. Yeah yeah, I know. 1-10, masks, yada yada. It’s always the same argument, just wishing things were different in Syracuse.

I think the masks/ covid numbers will cost them at least 6-7K. I say 28,000 tops and I am OK with that.

Probably very few kids under 12, unfortunately.

I think the masks/ covid numbers will cost them at least 6-7K. I say 28,000 tops and I am OK with that.

We're not going for this reason. So that's minus four, unless I can find a taker for my tickets. Mrs. Shrmdougluvr and I are not comfortable having our unvaccinated children in that environment with all the variants (we also don't want to risk having to quarantine any more than we already need to). Once we see how it looks on TV, we may re-evaluate (distancing and mask wearing). Hopefully "we'll" be trending another way by the BC game on October 30.

Not to make any type of political comment about masks (I’m indifferent to the issue) but we will look kind of silly if we’re the only fanbases on television wearing them. That being said, my wife will be pleased with it when we go next month.

Dude, please.

“look silly”?

We have an INDOOR VENUE.
It’s a totally different situation than an outdoor stadium.

Yeah, It’d be so much better to host a potential suoer-spreader event, than ‘look bad on TV’ :rolleyes:

Dude, please.

“look silly”?

We have an INDOOR VENUE.

Yeah, It’d be so much better to host a potential suoer-spreader event, than ‘look bad on TV’ :rolleyes:

Tennis, retractable baseball domes, plenty of concerts...so yeah we will be an outlier. I get those corridors are a concrete tomb as far as air flow goes.

They'll sell a record amount of water and beer and dogs though.

Feel bad for the ushers.

Dude, please.

“look silly”?

We have an INDOOR VENUE.

If it’s that much of a threat when everyone is already vaccinated I’m not sure how much the masks would help. To be consistent you should be against fans in the stands at all, frankly. Last year this wouldn’t have been allowed, why this year?

I hate this topic btw, all it starts is arguments.

Anyone more technical than me can post the Ticketmaster seat map :) Lower bowl looks pretty solid.

If it’s that much of a threat when everyone is already vaccinated I’m not sure how much the masks would help. To be consistent you should be against fans in the stands at all, frankly. Last year this wouldn’t have been allowed, why this year?

“Everyone” is NOT remotely “already vaccinated”.
Every kid 12 and under isn’t, for starters.

I’m not against fans in the stands.
personal choice, freedom, yada yada.

But, again - we have an INDOOR venue, and the concourses in particular get VERY crowded.

It’s literally a totally different ballgame as compared to an open air stadium.

Masks prevent transmission. If you mask up, and I mask up, the likelihood of you and I getting each other sick is incredibly low. That's why there was no spread in K-12 schools last year in NY. Juxtapose that with an unmasked teacher in California, taking her mask off to read, and infecting half her class.

This shouldnt be political, at all, for two reasons. 1) SU is a private university and if they direct you to wear a mask, whether you like it or don't, whether its supported by science of not, you wear a mask or don't come. 2) How hard is it to wear a mask?

Last edited:
“Everyone” is NOT remotely “already vaccinated”.
Every kid 12 and under isn’t, for starters.

I’m not against fans in the stands.
personal choice, freedom, yada yada.

But, again - we have an INDOOR venue, and the concourses in particular get VERY crowded.

Not sure what the all caps is about but you can’t logically argue against super spreaders and at the same time be in favor of fans in attendance. It’s inconsistent. Also, I’m not looking for an argument here. Chill dude.

Masks prevent transmission. If you mask up, and I mask up, the likelihood of you and I getting each other sick is incredibly low. That's why there was no spread in K-12 schools last year in NY. Juxtapose that with an unmasked teacher in California, taking her mask off to read, and infecting half her class.

This shouldnt be political, at all, for two reasons. 1) SU is a private university and if they direct you to wear a mask, whether you like it or don't, whether its supported by science of not, you wear a mask of don't come. 2) How hard is it to wear a mask?

I’m not against wearing masks. All I said was it will look silly on tv if we’re the only fanbase that does it. I even said I’m indifferent about it. This is why I hate this topic, folks on both sides looking for anything to argue about. Both sides are equally rabid.

I travel for work and have to wear my masks for between 8 and 14 hours depending on where I’m going. I also have to wear a masks all day on location to include sometimes very physical work at times. I just don’t feel like wearing a mask on my days off so I don’t go anywhere to include the Dome this weekend unfortunately. I understand why the mandate is there but I’m not going until I can go mask free. I’ll be watching on tv for the foreseeable future I guess.

I would think in Madison or Ann Arbor that the concourses/bathrooms were very crowded, and covered.

Not bashing our rules, but I just don’t think the Dome having a high roof overhead (and always about 12,000 empty seats) is a considerably more transmission spot than 100,000 people with no empty seats, and people coming/going thru covered concourses, just because there isn’t a roof over the field.

Just an opinion though.

I would think in Madison or Ann Arbor that the concourses/bathrooms were very crowded, and covered.

Not bashing our rules, but I just don’t think the Dome having a high roof overhead (and always about 12,000 empty seats) is a considerably more transmission spot than 100,000 people with no empty seats, and people coming/going thru covered concourses, just because there isn’t a roof over the field.

Just an opinion though.

I couldn't speak to Madison, but I read earlier this morning that Michigan's indoor mask wearing rules are the same as SU's.

I couldn't speak to Madison, but I read earlier this morning that Michigan's indoor mask wearing rules are the same as SU's.

But what does that mean? Did they have to wear it to a game? Or have to put it on when they went to the concourse?

I’m not against wearing masks. All I said was it will look silly on tv if we’re the only fanbase that does it. I even said I’m indifferent about it. This is why I hate this topic, folks on both sides looking for anything to argue about. Both sides are equally rabid.

But what looks "silly," is in the eyes of the beholder. Looking silly or not, is not the standard here.

I thought I saw a game on after ours on Saturday night where the fans appeared masked up. It was outdoors and I was quite surprised to see that given I have generally accepted chances of spread is extremely minimal outdoors, particularly when there is some distancing occurring. I think it was @ Oregon.

But what does that mean? Did they have to wear it to a game? Or have to put it on when they went to the concourse?

Looks like it was mandated in the concourse. I am not familiar with the Big House, maybe they don't consider that to be "inside?" Beats me.

Tennis, retractable baseball domes, plenty of concerts...so yeah we will be an outlier. I get those corridors are a concrete tomb as far as air flow goes.

They'll sell a record amount of water and beer and dogs though.

Feel bad for the ushers.
I'll be buying one drink for every quarter...I'm going to drink slowly.

I think we'll have about 27,000 in there. Normal times with no covid, cash and regular tickets we'd have 42-44K

SU did install air filters in the new Dome to meet and go beyond CDC guidelines. Being indoors is more of a risk than playing outdoors. Almost all of the games were outdoors this past weekend.

The chances of a large walk up crowd is lessoned with COVID rules. Unless your vaccinated, you can’t wait until the last minute to decide to go to the game.

I posted a thread elsewhere but it got lost in the shuffle cause the board is so busy the last two days; any tailgating advice while we’re on the subject of home games (sort of). How much is parking and how do we get to the fine lot?

22-23k. They will announce 30k but they won’t be that many at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom