Rutgers Billboard Midtown Tunnel... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Rutgers Billboard Midtown Tunnel...

There's a strong Michigan contingent in NYC? I'll give you ND and PSU, but there are not more UM grads in NYC than SU. Chicago on the other hand...

Yes, Michigan.

Michigan is a national brand that has a strong presence in NYC. I mean, ND is in Indiana and has a huge presence in NYC.

I think it was puke Orange mixed with seawolve Red that did it;)

2004 Rutgers 24, New Hampshire 35 ...ouch...spanked by the FCS school. Of course, Rutgers has got revenge in the next 10 years by by padding its schedule chock full of FCS teams.

Constantly baffled with how many here have a hard-on for RU. Great, our NYC signage is better than their's! WOOHOO. Look how hard that is working for us so far this season re: attendance at three "home" games.

Oh wait...what else? RU is half way to being bowl eligible this year. You don't say.

Constantly baffled with how many here have a hard-on for RU. Great, our NYC signage is better than their's! WOOHOO. Look how hard that is working for us so far this season re: attendance at three "home" games.

Oh wait...what else? RU is half way to being bowl eligible this year. You don't say.
You are baffled that when an opposing team's fan comes to an SU board and talks smack, that SU fans respond?

You are baffled that when an opposing team's fan comes to an SU board and talks smack, that SU fans respond?

1) This thread was started by an SU fan and responded to first by numerous SU posters.
2) Another thing that baffles me is why people think internet message boards are "turfs" that need to be defended. I really could care less about the handful of "opponents" that come here and post that we suck and they rule.

2004 Rutgers 24, New Hampshire 35 ...ouch...spanked by the FCS school. Of course, Rutgers has got revenge in the next 10 years by by padding its schedule chock full of FCS teams.

That Chip Kelly coached team was damn good and we were pretty bad still rebuilding from the Shea years(although we beat Michigan St the week before so go figure).

You were ALWAYS bad, and have yet to prove relevance in college football. You will never matter rutgirls. You are not now...and never were a rival for syracuse.

1) This thread was started by an SU fan and responded to first by numerous SU posters.
2) Another thing that baffles me is why people think internet message boards are "turfs" that need to be defended. I really could care less about the handful of "opponents" that come here and post that we suck and they rule.
You are easily baffled :)

That Chip Kelly coached team was damn good and we were pretty bad still rebuilding from the Shea years(although we beat Michigan St the week before so go figure).
You lost to an FCS team. "Rebuilding"...since when? the 1800s?

Most people taking the midtown tunnel live on Long Island, and most people I know from Long Island have no patience whatsoever for anything New Jersey.

Yes, Michigan.

Michigan is a national brand that has a strong presence in NYC. I mean, ND is in Indiana and has a huge presence in NYC.

Not that it matters at all to anyone, but I still doubt that Michigan has a strong presence in NYC. Agreed, it is a national brand, but still a state school. ND is a private catholic school, so it's student body / alumni transcend geography. Ohio State is a national brand and closer to NYC, so why not them? I'm starting to sound like a d!(k over something trivial so I'll end it this way - yeah, but still.

sorry guys, guess i misinterpreted the original post on the RU board, the poster was adding his own opinion "who says syr is NY's team" not quoting what was on the billboard.

Proceed as usual with the pissing match with RU fans

Nothing says Buttgers like a big hole in the ground.

7.26p-acc-logo.jpeg

Not that it matters at all to anyone, but I still doubt that Michigan has a strong presence in NYC. Agreed, it is a national brand, but still a state school. ND is a private catholic school, so it's student body / alumni transcend geography. Ohio State is a national brand and closer to NYC, so why not them? I'm starting to sound like a d!(k over something trivial so I'll end it this way - yeah, but still.
When I walk around the city on a Saturday afternoon, I see a ton of fans wearing Michigan gear. I think there is a strong Michigan presence in NYC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom