Rutgers board reporting Rice to be fired this morning | Syracusefan.com

Rutgers board reporting Rice to be fired this morning

JeremyCuse

Renowned lacrosse analyst
Also there melting down that there savior AD Pernetti maybe let go as well. Only Rutgers could a Big 10 invite.

Pernetti should be let go. What a dope. If he's making boneheaded decisions like this now, imagine what kind of dumb stuff he will do once RU gets their a** kicked on a regular basis in the B1G.

This needed to happen. What he did is disgusting. And, yes, the AD needs to go too. And if I were the Big Ten, I would be reconsidering whether I want Rutgers in my conference. It seems like this is the culture there.

This needed to happen. What he did is disgusting. And, yes, the AD needs to go too. And if I were the Big Ten, I would be reconsidering whether I want Rutgers in my conference. It seems like this is the culture there.

Big 10 teams love this, its just another guaranteed win in pretty much every major mens sport. have you seen the proposed divisions for fball? Rutgers might never break .500 for the next decade in that conference.

Not as disgusting as the Penn State stuff but the physical and mental abuse by a coach covered up by the President and AD seems to fall under the category of sanctions Penn State got hit with. Interesting to see how the NCAA handles this.

Rutgers athletics has always been a dumpster fire - however, the Big10 didn't invite Rutgers for their athletic programs (or their academic programs)

Also there melting down that there savior AD Pernetti maybe let go as well. Only Rutgers could a Big 10 invite.
He had a horrible record, looked like a fool on the sidelines and was found to be abusive toward his players. The only reason he didn't get fired was because they were worried about how these videos would impact their Big 10 invite.

There's no other explanation. Otherwise you'd think the AD would be happy to have an excuse to fire a losing coach and probably not have to pay any buyout.

Just another example of the priorities at that dump.

It just gets better, WFAN reporting Murdoch offered to not release the tapes for $1Million dollars and RU counter-offered for $200K. Better get that resume updated Pernetti.

He had a horrible record, looked like a fool on the sidelines and was found to be abusive toward his players. The only reason he didn't get fired was because they were worried about how these videos would impact their Big 10 invite.

There's no other explanation. Otherwise you'd think the AD would be happy to have an excuse to fire a losing coach and probably not have to pay any buyout.

Just another example of the priorities at that dump.

As someone noted above the entire RU athletic program is a dumpster fire. The bball team hasnt made the tournament in a quarter century, the Lax team couldnt beat West Gennesse highschool, and the fball team has exactly zero outright BE championships and just this past year won its first shared title. There also paying there womans bball coach 1 Mill a year who has completely collapsed and went on a tirade against the fans and her players earlier this year. LOL Rutgers, the school that keeps on giving laughs for SU fans.

It just gets better, WFAN reporting Murdoch offered to not release the tapes for $1Million dollars and RU counter-offered for $200K. Better get that resume updated Pernetti.
Absolutely disgusting!

Rutgers athletic department.png

Who do they hire? Wojo, Cluess, Amaker?

Not as disgusting as the Penn State stuff but the physical and mental abuse by a coach covered up by the President and AD seems to fall under the category of sanctions Penn State got hit with. Interesting to see how the NCAA handles this.

Not even on the same planet as Penn St.

Perhaps the NCAA will do preliminary looks into institutional control, as a matter of consistency (like with SU). However, with Rice gone and, by necessity, Pernetti, that seems like a sufficient and corrective action.

Pernetti's actions are what will draw outrage . He sealed his fate with the "first offense" rationale.

That video is disturbing. He shouldn't coach again, frankly. These are kids after all. We forget that when we see their athleticism and physical nature. Rice is doing those things with such intensity and conviction also. Not good.

Who do they hire? Wojo, Cluess, Amaker?

They have zero shot with any of them besides maybe maybe Cluess if they crack open the vault to whatever money the state has left, would he take WIC or food stamps? That program is a disaster right now, no up and comign or big name coach would touch that place. The people mentioning Howland over there are insane.

I would say they have prepped themselves well for the Big 10.

Rice should have been fired when this first came out. I don't see how Pernetti survives this because the behavior from the video goes beyond what should be considered for a suspension.

The crazy thing is, Pernetti had a golden opportunity a few months ago to come out looking like a star. All he had to do was fire Rice then and make a statement that Rutgers puts its athletes well-being first and that this kind of behavior will not be tolerated and he gets to start fresh with a new coach heading into the B1G. No black-eye for the school whatsoever, imo. But, now, he's got a LOT of explaining to do.

If that is true (I'm an innocent until proven guilty kind of guy - I'm weird like that)...then oh boy. Obviously Pernetti should be canned.

Well it sure sounds like Eric Murdock wasn't some altruistic savior for the Rutgers players though - isn't that extortion? No good guys involved at all at Rutgers. So it only became public because Pernetti either didn't think the asking price was worth it to pay up? What a mess all around.

Not to worry, their insane fans believe that Calipari is the next coach in waiting.

Well it sure sounds like Eric Murdock wasn't some altruistic savior for the Rutgers players though - isn't that extortion? What a mess all around.

But, but but, what about all that BiG coin....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom