rutgers loses running back coach | Syracusefan.com

rutgers loses running back coach

PhatOrange

Living Legend
he's headed to the Ravens to be an assistant special teams coach or something like that.

Looks like every assistant except for Flood has bailed. one big happy family where all the assistants were going to stay and work for flood. happy times in piscataway.

If you just signed a LOI you better really believe you signed b/c of the school - repeat it to yourself everyday and hopefully you'll make it through the next 4 years. :bat:

If you just signed a LOI you better really believe you signed b/c of the school - repeat it to yourself everyday and hopefully you'll make it through the next 4 years. :bat:

Dude, it's Piscataway. Heaven on Earth, second only to it's neighbor New Brunswick. :rolleyes:

he's headed to the Ravens to be an assistant special teams coach or something like that.

Looks like every assistant except for Flood has bailed. one big happy family where all the assistants were going to stay and work for flood. happy times in piscataway.

sinking ship.jpg

Wow.

So, the coaches told the recruits - don't worry nothing has changed, keep your commitment and we'll keep ours.

Ouch.

Buying the argument for the moment, it would be like deciding to attend a certain college based on the reputation of the department of your intended major, but before you arrive on campus the entire department faculty has been replaced. At least non-athletes have the option of transferring without penalty at any time while they're matriculated.

Wow.

So, the coaches told the recruits - don't worry noting has changed, keep your commitment and we'll keep ours.

Ouch.

Do we know that for sure? Anybody have any specific quotes to recruits (saved on voicemail, written down verbatim, recorded by recruits, etc. ....) Breach of contract kinda stuff?

the BC RB coach apparently is moving over to serve in the same capacity.

A year ago it was all those PITT coaches. Now it seems like it's going to be a migration of BC coaches.

Its not just the BC Running Backs coach, it's damn near half their staff that's moving to Pascataway.

Same coaching staff that did wonders at Boston College

And just when you thought the coaching staff at that place couldn't make them any crappier of a team... hold your horses. They have some talented kids on their team, too bad they're always going to play on a sh!tty team and in a sh!tty conference. Imagine how they're going to feel when they wake up in a year or 2 and realize that they have no chance of playing for a National Championship. Buyers remorse.
images

Do we know that for sure? Anybody have any specific quotes to recruits (saved on voicemail, written down verbatim, recorded by recruits, etc. ....) Breach of contract kinda stuff?

I thought I remember quotes in the StarLedger referring to keeping the coaching staff mostly intact as the reason a few of the top recruits renewed their commitments. As with any time I say "I Remember", it could be remembered wrong.

Its not just the BC Running Backs coach, it's damn near half their staff that's moving to Pascataway.

Same coaching staff that did wonders at Boston College
The AD is telling the BC staff to come to Rutgers because a B1G invite is pending.

i might as well be the first to break the news-

rutgers is officially in discussions with nbc about its own tv contract like notre dame-

and for a back up plan they have contacted several sec and b1g schools about forming a "elite" 12 team conference-

So if any of their new signers does decide to leave, they lose one year of eligibility...right?

So if any of their new signers does decide to leave, they lose one year of eligibility...right?
Yep. It's all about the student-athlete, you know.

Just for kicks I checked out the RU boards to see what they're saying. Its kind of a mixed bag of "why are we hiring all these lousy BC coaches" or "great hire, he's a NJ guy". In fact the 2 best reasons I saw supporting the latest hire was 1- "he's from NJ so he must be good" and 2- "he can't be too bad his 3rd string RB ran for 200 yards against Syralose last year". (ok so it was actually 2 years ago and it was 185 yds but it is a valid point. I hope some of the Marrone can do no wrong types remeber that even in the year we went to a bowl and won it, we lost our last game to a bad Boston College team). It's really kind of pathetic some of the Scarlet colored glasses over there. Much worse than any SU fans (of course that's because CNYers have a built in inferiority complex). Someone said the coaches shouldn't matter because they can go undefeated next year just because of the players they have returning.
:bat:

Someone said the coaches shouldn't matter because they can go undefeated next year just because of the players they have returning.
:bat:

Correct. That's exactly why Notre Dame is in a BCS bowl every year.

No. I don't have written materials, voicemail or recorded conversations.

But, since so many kids decided to stay, I made an assumption that the coaches who continued to recruit them told the kids that all was well - that nothing would change - other than Schiano leaving.

I do have some recorded conversations - working on figuring out how to load them onto the site. I will probably put them on the premium board next week

I'm also guessing the coaching staff didn't tell the recruits they were all abandoning ship but that the new staff would be grrreeeaaaattt!

i did see 1 post that made sense -just 1

they are as delusional as they come-they have a superiority complex-must be based on all they have done:rolling: