Rutgers, Maryland find Big Ten move easier with partner | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Rutgers, Maryland find Big Ten move easier with partner

rocklloyd said:
Before our bowl game this year, we learned trying to have rational discussions with Minnesota fans is next to impossible. Our working premise was that we had a chance. We were coming off some good games. Offense was getting more comfortable. QB has a good final game, etc. Their argument in a nutshell was "you lost to penn state and northwestern, we beat them therefore we will beat you". No intelligent discussion, just that association.

All that I remember was a golden rodent fan saying that the reason they were superior was that coach wooden almost coached there before UCLA, and that they invented cheerleading. It remains my favorite detached from reality post on the board.

I for the first time in months read the UConn realignment board and it is a sad thing. They are convinced the B1G will save them and that UVA will be the 16th team. That board is full of pro-B1G homers,ACC homers, and actual B1G fans, anti-ACC people.

I can't believe the arrogance of the dude who posted here in 2011 Kyle S. Lamb about Virginia. If UVA wanted to leave they would have left before signing the GOR. I can't believe its just what and see if the B1G negotiates its new TV deal before 2016 and they haven't added 2 new teams then I doubt their will be expansion until the Big XII adds teams. If the B1G could have added Virginia, North Carolina before adding Rutgers they would have done it. Rutgers was added because only 1 ACC took the B1G invite and the cable boxes of NJ were enough to justify their addition. Rutgers was not added because they teams are any good its cable boxes and no more.

I started a thread on that not too long ago. I hadn't been to read the Boneyard since we added Louisville (which move I campaigned for hard). I had seen some ND fans elsewhere talking about the UConn fans having gone nuts, like they were in a race to catch up to WVU fans.

They are that nuts.

Kyle S Lamb was predicting on various boards before Nebraska seas added that the Big Ten would go to 16, probably in 2 steps and that ND was certain (to take the offer), and Texas was all but certain, and that UNC and UVA certainly would accept if offered.

You are correct - If UNC and UVA had been interested, Rutgers would not have gotten an offer. The Big Ten now would be 16, with Dook as the 16th.

And I would be making myself into an SEC fan and all but denying having a UNC degree.

It's 2:00 A.M. in the bar - you're drunk - you've been rejected by all the hot schools - and you look across the room and there's Rutgers.
It's worse that that for Maryland. It's that you were married to UVA and her BFFs are UNC and Dook, and her wild but very intriguing cousin is VT, and other close friends are GT, Clemson, and FSU. And recently your spouse UVA agreed to add friends from what you see as your neighborhood: north of you.

But you decided to leave your UVA spouse, and you found yourself ready to get a new partner to make a move to a new town, and all the hot chicks have no interest, and then Rutgirls taps you on the shoulder and hikes her skirt, revealing her fat thighs, and a life with Snooki becomes your future.

I've given up posting over there on the Boneyard. I try to give them UVA's perspective, but it doesn't suit their belief that UVA wants to be in the Big Ten. We don't, but they tell me I have no idea what I'm talking about. They don't like my contrasts between the ACC and the Big Ten either. Stuff like the fact that the entire Big Ten has won exactly 1 basketball NCAA Championship and 2 College Football Championships in the 25 years since Jim Delany has been at the Big Ten while the ACC has won 4 football and 9 basketball during the same timeframe making the ACC second among all conferences doesn't sit well enough. And the venom for Louisville is terrible as well. So I give up. They can dream I guess. Maybe someday they'll get to travel to Minnesota, Iowa, and Nebraska regularly. That is what they want as you have noticed.
They are certain that UVA is dying to cut ties to UNC and Dook and get buddied up with Ohio St and Michigan.

Like WVU fans, their revenge fantasy requires the SEC and Big Ten to act to destroy the ACC. Then, they are certain, UVA will be 100% Big Ten, because their is no way UVA would ever be in the SEC. And then UVA will partner with UConn.

UVA is no more likely to go Big Ten than UNC, even under a doomsday scenario. UVA, the Elite state school that easily is the most like an Elite private school in atmosphere, swamped in the league of Land Grant Behemoths?

Never going to happen.

The UVA campus feels much more like the Vandy campus than any in the Big Ten. The feel at UVA is more like that of Ole Miss than any Big Ten school. UVA, UNC, Dook added to the top of the SEC with Vandy, and then the mid-tier of schools like Florida, Georgia, Missouri, and Texas A&M would be more than enough academic prestige even for UVA.

The Big Ten is like the obnoxious filthy-rich kid every other kid hates and wants to avoid, unless you need his money.

They are certain that UVA is dying to cut ties to UNC and Dook and get buddied up with Ohio St and Michigan.

Like WVU fans, their revenge fantasy requires the SEC and Big Ten to act to destroy the ACC. Then, they are certain, UVA will be 100% Big Ten, because their is no way UVA would ever be in the SEC. And then UVA will partner with UConn.

UVA is no more likely to go Big Ten than UNC, even under a doomsday scenario. UVA, the Elite state school that easily is the most like an Elite private school in atmosphere, swamped in the league of Land Grant Behemoths?

Never going to happen.

The UVA campus feels much more like the Vandy campus than any in the Big Ten. The feel at UVA is more like that of Ole Miss than any Big Ten school. UVA, UNC, Dook added to the top of the SEC with Vandy, and then the mid-tier of schools like Florida, Georgia, Missouri, and Texas A&M would be more than enough academic prestige even for UVA.

The Big Ten is like the obnoxious filthy-rich kid every other kid hates and wants to avoid, unless you need his money.

"Revenge fantasy"

LOL--classic!

Uconn fans are so delusional.

It's worse that that for Maryland. It's that you were married to UVA and her BFFs are UNC and Dook, and her wild but very intriguing cousin is VT, and other close friends are GT, Clemson, and FSU. And recently your spouse UVA agreed to add friends from what you see as your neighborhood: north of you.

But you decided to leave your UVA spouse, and you found yourself ready to get a new partner to make a move to a new town, and all the hot chicks have no interest, and then Rutgirls taps you on the shoulder and hikes her skirt, revealing her fat thighs, and a life with Snooki becomes your future.
That's like that commercial where the husband is hooked up to a lie detector and the guy guy tells his wife to ask him any question and they stare into each others eyes and she nails him with the nuke option , " Do you think my sister is prettier than me ? " Ha ha ha ha ha haaaaa.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom