Rutgers to B1G Soon? | Syracusefan.com

Rutgers to B1G Soon?

MaxwellCuse

All Conference
Picked this up on the Boneyard:

http://mobile.philly.com/news/?wss=/philly/hp/sports/&id=138977799&deliver=android

No wonder Rutgers held on to their recruits after Schiano bailed on them. With regularly scheduled games against Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan, Nebraska and Wisconsin on the near horizon who wouldn't want to be a Scarlet Knight?

Do you think Marinatto would let them go early for $11 million and a used helicopter?

what do they bring to the table? seriously what?

Zero-percent chance.

The B1G has no interest in expansion while they're printing money.

I'm sure Rutgers does have interest in going to the B1G. As far as I can tell, that interest is not reciprocal.

when it all comes out in the end-all this realignment stuff will be found to have started in a basement by a 12 year-old kid starting rumors on the net -

and rutgirls will still have no dance partner other than mr "i wish" and his brother "big dreams"

I can see the recruits that signed last week, three years from now: "Um, excuse me, Coach? Are we going to be in the Big 10 for my senior year?"

Next...R will be telling players they'll win the SuperBowl in 2013. Sounds just as outrageous, doesn't it?

They better be right. Because if a few years go by and they're still in the new CUSA, they will have probably alienated many HS coaches with the snake oil desperation heave.

If the B1G didn't want Missouri, why the heck would it want Jersey State?

Lies have always been Schiano's key to success. And not just little lies, but big ones. In fact, the big lies work better because people can't believe that you would dare stretch the truth to that extent.

Telling recruits that they will be playing in the Big10 "sooner rather than later" is just part of the tradition there. Painting visions of National Championships. Building stadium expansions that are unfunded and a drain on the taxpayers. Siphoning money from the student general fund to finance the mad dreams of Bob Mulcahy. It's all part of the aura of dishonesty that surrounds the program.

The Rutgers AD should be forced to publically deny that there is any grounds to believe that Rutgers will ever be invited to the Big 10. And the recruits should be allowed to void their commitments if the were led to believe this was going to occur.

Next...R will be telling players they'll win the SuperBowl in 2013. Sounds just as outrageous, doesn't it?

Actually, Shady WAS telling players that he'd win the Super Bowl in 2013. ;)

Picked this up on the Boneyard:

http://mobile.philly.com/news/?wss=/philly/hp/sports/&id=138977799&deliver=android

No wonder Rutgers held on to their recruits after Schiano bailed on them. With regularly scheduled games against Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan, Nebraska and Wisconsin on the near horizon who wouldn't want to be a Scarlet Knight?

Do you think Marinatto would let them go early for $11 million and a used helicopter?

Two words...pure crap. They've also been telling recruits that they are the USC of the east. Why wasn't that also newsworthy?

Why would Rutgers have so many problems hiring a coach if they were going to the Big 10? I understand they have no money but that alone would sway a better coach than Flood. This is just nonsense to throw people off at what's really happening and the normal bs they spout off saying.

Why would Rutgers have so many problems hiring a coach if they were going to the Big 10? I understand they have no money but that alone would sway a better coach than Flood. This is just nonsense to throw people off at what's really happening and the normal bs they spout off saying.

exactly-they could have justified a high dollar guy because of b10 money

exactly-they could have justified a high dollar guy because of b10 money

Good point - probably the best evidence that there are no talks between them and the b10

in all reality we went cheap with the marrone hire-1.2 isnt big boy money

the girls found a way to make us look rich-700g is assistant money at the schools they want to play with while dreaming

yeah the hiring of Flood just scream we are preparing for the big time!! wow, what a load of crap. The hiring of flood makes it pretty clear that they plan on pulling back the reigns a bit

They also told recruits their staff would be staying intact and I believe only 2 assistants are staying on.