Rutgers will be looking for the upset after | Syracusefan.com

Rutgers will be looking for the upset after

IthacaBarrel

Shaky Potatoes
What we did to them 2 years ago... Schiano will be pressuring us all game, I won't miss playing rutgers one bit

if you dont give rutgers 4 to's they will have issues scoring unless they get a few 40-60 yd plays.

hold on to the ball, make you blocks on ST and make them drive the field.

What we did to them 2 years ago... Schiano will be pressuring us all game, I won't miss playing rutgers one bit

Rutgers has given up 7.1 yds per play the last two games. They are living on TO's, 4, 5, and 4 gained in their three games. SU has turned it over 4 times total in 4 games.

No gift points for Rutgers and SU wins by 10 at least.

if you dont give rutgers 4 to's they will have issues scoring unless they get a few 40-60 yd plays.

hold on to the ball, make you blocks on ST and make them drive the field.

Teams haven't had problems making big plays against our banged up and young defense. I think Rutgers gets more than a few. They've had this game circled for a long, long time.

I actually feel better about the Rutgers game than I did about Toledo. We'll be more focused, hopefully Shamarko and Chandler back and rested, Spruill at 100%.

Sanu will get his catches and yards, but don't let him behind us. Make them drive and that offense will make a mistake.

I expect our offense to be crisper this Saturday. Until Schiano beats Marrone, I'm going with Marrone.

My prediction is that we'll win, but not by enough, and we'll have a meltdown on here sometime around 3:30 Saturday afternoon.

I predict the same thing for Tulane.

Teams haven't had problems making big plays against our banged up and young defense. I think Rutgers gets more than a few. They've had this game circled for a long, long time.
They had last year's circled too

I have a good feeling that with the return of C Jones and maybe O Fisher, our defense clicks in this one given all the subs have more exp. I'm hoping no more bonehead snaps and with the coaches & teammates feeling good about West & Gulley, offense finally clicks. Finally I predict Kobena takes one to the house. Plus we just fixed our jinx with noon games - assuming no forfeit. It's got to all come together someday and that someday will be against the girls this weekend.

LOL

IB, keep predicting doom and gloom--it seems to be working in our favor so far! :cool:

LGO!!!

the only thing schiano circles is the drain

Haha, nice. Thanks for the laugh.

Personally, I think our running game will win the game for us. And that, my friends, will open up the deep ball.

They had last year's circled too
Agreed. And we won. We'll probably win again, because Shady is the king of game day f-ups and DM seems to have his number. I think Rutgers is roughly on par with RI and Toledo, both of whom gave us fits, but has better athletes. If we lose, it will be on ridiculous big plays.

I don't think they are as good as RI or Toledo - maybe RI. Sanu is absolutely the only thing to be worried about on that team. For every team we've played so far, we've said things like "they have their whole defense back again - they have an offensive line with almost all senior" and so on.

Notice nobody has said anything like that about Rutgers? Because we know it doesn't matter. The whole damn team could be 5th year starters and it wouldn't matter. Nobody is worried about their team except for one person.

They had last years game circled as well

I don't think they are as good as RI or Toledo - maybe RI. Sanu is absolutely the only thing to be worried about on that team. For every team we've played so far, we've said things like "they have their whole defense back again - they have an offensive line with almost all senior" and so on.

Notice nobody has said anything like that about Rutgers? Because we know it doesn't matter. The whole damn team could be 5th year starters and it wouldn't matter. Nobody is worried about their team except for one person.
Yeah they have massive issues on defense and o-line. UNC exploited their o-line big time. Ohio scored 26 points on them and threw the ball all over the place. With our offense, we should be able to hang 30+ on them. And I believe if we slow down Sanu, their offense will struggle to pass the ball. Remember, Marrone knows the importance of beating Rutgers to take back New York. You better believe he'll have an excellent game plan for them. Shady? He'll probably run the wildcat 46 times again.

Yeah they have massive issues on defense and o-line. UNC exploited their o-line big time. Ohio scored 26 points on them and threw the ball all over the place. With our offense, we should be able to hang 30+ on them. And I believe if we slow down Sanu, their offense will struggle to pass the ball. Remember, Marrone knows the importance of beating Rutgers to take back New York. You better believe he'll have an excellent game plan for them. Shady? He'll probably run the wildcat 46 times again.
well, Cignetti had some pretty good success against Shafer's defense last year at Pitt, so I'm a little worried about their O this week. The Defense really needs to get to that Dodd kid - and with their OLine they should be able to do so. As others have said - just can't allow Sanu or any of the other wideouts to get behind the defense for quick scores.

I'm cautiously optimistic and think DM will have the kids ready to play. It's going to be another close one though.

well, Cignetti had some pretty good success against Shafer's defense last year at Pitt, so I'm a little worried about their O this week. The Defense really needs to get to that Dodd kid - and with their OLine they should be able to do so. As others have said - just can't allow Sanu or any of the other wideouts to get behind the defense for quick scores.

I'm cautiously optimistic and think DM will have the kids ready to play. It's going to be another close one though.
I think we'll be in close games all year. However, so far, they've responded well in them. If we could avoid getting down early, we could make some of these close games a little more comfortable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom