Rutgirls 55 at #4 Michigan St 57 (1:30 to go) | Syracusefan.com

Rutgirls 55 at #4 Michigan St 57 (1:30 to go)

Rutgers up 1, 49 seconds to go.

As the Spartan fans across the aisle from us repeatedly chanted at the Dome in 1990 for our football matchup: “Go Green! Go White!”

Why would Rutgers guard seemingly intentionally foul when up by 1, with 11 seconds to go.

Two terrible possessions down the stretch by the not so lovable losers. Off to OT..

Pickell can coach.
Rutgers was smart to lock him up.
He won’t stay if they win but still smart to commit.

He has some very good, experienced assistants too. He has Brandin Knight (former Pitt player and assistant) and Karl Hobbs (former GW head coach, UConn player and assistant).

No worries, if Rather starts winning the coaching staff is gone to make a better living...anywhere else.
He has a $5M buyout and will be making 3M a year. I dont think hes going anywhere

He has a $5M buyout and will be making 3M a year. I dont think hes going anywhere
pikiell would have been a great hc for us---very good coach.

Rutgers will never be good enough to keep Pickell from a bigger school to come in and swoop him up.
He won’t be a long term HC at Rutgers if he is successful.
The buyout does protect the school though. 5 million is chump change if a big dog came calling.

Many of the top teams will lose early in March. The product is just not good this year.

O.K., you think Rutgers, with the AD in the hole about a half billion dollars over the last two decades will shell out big money to keep a real winner from a top level school. You are free to believe whatever you like.

NOTE: Do not confuse annual deficit with cumulative losses.

O.K., you think Rutgers, with the AD in the hole about a half billion dollars over the last two decades will shell out big money to keep a real winner from a top level school. You are free to believe whatever you like.

NOTE: Do not confuse annual deficit with cumulative losses.
The contract is already signed. And what school is going to pay a $5M buyout when they can probably get a similar coach without one?

He is paid $950k this season and increased to $2.7MM, with a retention bonus of $300k in 2014.

The buyout is decreased annually by $1MM. If AD Hobbs leaves, the buyout is decreased by 50%.

While not a bad payout, if he proves himself a winner, which will take at least 2-3 years from now to prove he is a consistent winner and not a one-hit wonder, the numbers are not significant for any tradition power to be scared off.

He is paid $950k this season and increased to $2.7MM, with a retention bonus of $300k in 2014.

The buyout is decreased annually by $1MM. If AD Hobbs leaves, the buyout is decreased by 50%.

While not a bad payout, if he proves himself a winner, which will take at least 2-3 years from now to prove he is a consistent winner and not a one-hit wonder, the numbers are not significant for any tradition power to be scared off.
his stonybrook record is pretty good. i think the guy is the real deal.

his stonybrook record is pretty good. i think the guy is the real deal.

O.K.

He may be the real deal, but if he was already an elite HC, one would reason that he would have an elite position and an elite payday.

Please don't compare his future salary (six years from now) with current elite coaches, especially JB who is under paid but at his discretion.

I am glad you believe in your HC, I am only stating that based on Rutgers history and present situation, I would not be surprised to see him step up in pay and prestige if he proves himself. He may be Rutgers' version of JB or Coach K, but that will not be determined for at least a couple decades. In the meantime, we have Rutgers' history over the past two plus decades to judge their likely actions and/or outcomes. Billy Donovan was headed for legend status with Florida but he wanted something else and left the Gators. Life happens.

O.K.

He may be the real deal, but if he was already an elite HC, one would reason that he would have an elite position and an elite payday.

Please don't compare his future salary (six years from now) with current elite coaches, especially JB who is under paid but at his discretion.

I am glad you believe in your HC, I am only stating that based on Rutgers history and present situation, I would not be surprised to see him step up in pay and prestige if he proves himself. He may be Rutgers' version of JB or Coach K, but that will not be determined for at least a couple decades. In the meantime, we have Rutgers' history over the past two plus decades to judge their likely actions and/or outcomes. Billy Donovan was headed for legend status with Florida but he wanted something else and left the Gators. Life happens.
i do not care what team piekell is coaching, all i am saying is that he is good coach! he hypothetically, could be at upenn , south alabama, montana etc wherever---he is a good coach.
make no mistake i think jb is overrated . i believe he does his best coaching with lesser talent.
i will leave it at that. he has done more for the city of syracuse and should be mayor and not coaching hoops anymore.
hell the guy, should be a senator!, but he would piss to many people off

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom