Rutgirls 55 at #4 Michigan St 57 (1:30 to go) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Rutgirls 55 at #4 Michigan St 57 (1:30 to go)

i do not care what team piekell is coaching, all i am saying is that he is good coach! he hypothetically, could be at upenn , south alabama, montana etc wherever---he is a good coach.
make no mistake i think jb is overrated . i believe he does his best coaching with lesser talent.
i will leave it at that. he has done more for the city of syracuse and should be mayor and not coaching hoops anymore.
hell the guy, should be a senator!, but he would piss to many people off

13-18(3-15)

13-18(3-15)
be patient he will be coming on in a year or two. he has absolutely no talent right now and is doing well given that. i'll take the punishment now, and get back to you later;)

be patient he will be coming on in a year or two. he has absolutely no talent right now and is doing well given that. i'll take the punishment now, and get back to you later;)
I agree with tipp that Pikell has shown the ability to get decent results from poor talent. Not sure 3-15 is that impressive given the historically bad state of B1G basketball right now, but I saw them play parts of a few games and it looks like they at least play hard consistently. I think he has proven he can do pretty well with bad talent.

Very good move by RU to extend his contract and give him a raise to P5 standard levels. I don't think they have a chance in hell to retain him if he gets a better offer, but this at least gives them a chance to hold on to him, if only for a year or two. 3-15 might be the best thing Rutgers could hope for long term. That will scare a bunch of programs that might have been interested otherwise.

i do not care what team piekell is coaching, all i am saying is that he is good coach! he hypothetically, could be at upenn , south alabama, montana etc wherever---he is a good coach.
make no mistake i think jb is overrated . i believe he does his best coaching with lesser talent.
i will leave it at that. he has done more for the city of syracuse and should be mayor and not coaching hoops anymore.
Congrats to the great Pickell and Rutgers for finishing dead last in a conference that went 2-11 against the ACC in the ACC/BIG Challenge this season! A legend in the making.

MBBBracket.jpg

Somehow I knew you'd get here in a hurry to defend your team.

But he'd tell it like it is and wouldn't be kissing anybody's political butt.

I agree with tipp that Pikell has shown the ability to get decent results from poor talent. Not sure 3-15 is that impressive given the historically bad state of B1G basketball right now, but I saw them play parts of a few games and it looks like they at least play hard consistently. I think he has proven he can do pretty well with bad talent.

Very good move by RU to extend his contract and give him a raise to P5 standard levels. I don't think they have a chance in hell to retain him if he gets a better offer, but this at least gives them a chance to hold on to him, if only for a year or two. 3-15 might be the best thing Rutgers could hope for long term. That will scare a bunch of programs that might have been interested otherwise.
This year they lost to MSU by 10 and by four. They lost to Purdue at home by two. Eventually they could start winning some of those games. If I was a Yukon fan or a Rutgers fan, I would be more bullish on Rutgers. The funniest thing would be if Pikell could get Rutgers to the Dance while Yukon languished in mediocrity.

This year they lost to MSU by 10 and by four. They lost to Purdue at home by two. Eventually they could start winning some of those games. If I was a Yukon fan or a Rutgers fan, I would be more bullish on Rutgers. The funniest thing would be if Pikell could get Rutgers to the Dance while Yukon languished in mediocrity.
The extension was surely driven at least in part by a fear UConn would step in and take him. Pikell is a Connecticut native, graduated from UConn and was a two time captain for their basketball team.

But UConn make have already missed their window on getting him.

Same thing happened with the Dazzler. Bad ADs and bad timing can really screw up athletic programs.

Somehow I knew you'd get here in a hurry to defend your team.
defending the coach --not the team---my teams are the syracuse nats:) and syracuse orangemen:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom