Rutgirls AD on Football Staff as Assistant Coach | Syracusefan.com

Rutgirls AD on Football Staff as Assistant Coach

That's gotta be against some NCAA rule. Isn't there a mandoratory rule/recruit test that has to be taken?

Yes, the test takes about 20 minutes and is open book. You find out your results right away.

As I implied in another thread, in his well-intentioned efforts to retain their recruiting class, he is setting Rutgers up for some recruiting violations. I heard elsewhere that he was aware of Schiano's process, so it's possible that he has addressed the NCAA recruiting requirements.

As a recruit it would seem odd to be receiving a call from an administrator who knows next to nothing about football and is just trying to sell facilities and supposed coaching stability.

As a recruit it would seem odd to be receiving a call from an administrator who knows next to nothing about football and is just trying to sell facilities and supposed coaching stability.

Without getting accused as a Rutgers homer again, what Pernetti did was genius. It is completely legal once he passed the test.

You should google Tim Pernetti before you make stupid statements like "who knows next to nothing about football". I would also argue that it would be pretty impressive receiving a visit or call from the man who will be hiring the next head coach.

Actually he played for RU which means he knows next to nothing about major college football. Thanks for playing.

Story Has been removed already.

Without getting accused as a Rutgers homer again, what Pernetti did was genius. It is completely legal once he passed the test.

You should google Tim Pernetti before you make stupid statements like "who knows next to nothing about football". I would also argue that it would be pretty impressive receiving a visit or call from the man who will be hiring the next head coach.

Sheer genius like generating a $26.8 million dollar operating loss for the athletic budget. Keep up the good work.

Sheer genius like generating a $26.8 million dollar operating loss for the athletic budget. Keep up the good work.

well there is that, the move wreaks of desperation. Story down as well, somebody may have forgotten to study for the test.

I thought the test was for only going off campus to recruit. Either way, some coaches can't pass it. Would an AD be able to even if he played football? Wylie never passed it. It is a 30 question test I believe. To me it is shady as hell and is probably why they took the story down. It was probably an Oops.

man wouldn't that be sweet if the ad screwed the pooch by doing it-
good way to get the ncaa in the door

I thought the test was for only going off campus to recruit. Either way, some coaches can't pass it. Would an AD be able to even if he played football? Wylie never passed it. It is a 30 question test I believe. To me it is shady as hell and is probably why they took the story down. It was probably an Oops.

I would change that to "won't" pass it. Wylie didn't want to recruit, so he didn't pass it. It is open book, literally. You have to TRY not to pass it.

Let's google the story where he led the charge to turn down the TV offer that would have held the BE together, and by winning that effort, caused Rutgers to be stuck in C-USA II.

I would change that to "won't" pass it. Wylie didn't want to recruit, so he didn't pass it. It is open book, literally. You have to TRY not to pass it.

Why do you think the story was taken down?

he may have taken the test but would the ncaa have to clear him?

maybe he moved too fast

I paraphrased one of Pernetti's comments from today. He claimed not to be competent to talk football to recruits.

He played for Schiano in high school. That's about all we need to know about things at NJ State's football program. Anything Greg wanted, Tim granted.