Class of 2020 - Ryan MacKenzie (CBA Syracuse) Mid to Duke | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 Ryan MacKenzie (CBA Syracuse) Mid to Duke

Powellfan

All American
Inside Lacrosse put out their list of 15 "Rising Juniors to Watch". MacKenzie looked like the only local player mentioned. He sounds impressive. Hopefully the local college team will be making contact with him on September 1st.

Ryan MacKenzie | M | CBA-Syracuse (N.Y.) | Salt Kings
Fantastic size, athleticism and an eye-popping shot make MacKenzie really stand out. He fits into the mold of the big, downhill, alley-dodging midfielder that has somewhat been missing from the college game for a few years, so he feels like a rare prospect. He should be getting plenty of interest from the big name programs come Sept. 1.

Rising Juniors to Watch as Sept. 1 Contact Begins

So just started paying attention and his mom is an old family friend. Not sure of SU interest, but can say ND and Duke are of interest to him.

Good for Ryan, always nice to see a local commit to a high D1 school. As for Syracuse, dont think we recruited him very hard, SU OS very high on the offensive players they already have for 2020 especially Hay, the kid from SD and Maher.

Losing more recruits than the Afghan Police Force!

How I wish lacrosse was like football where we could see offers and crystal ball predictions. Lacrosse recruits don't seem to post as much as football recruits about their offers. I just wanna know did we offer and strike out or never offer and weren't interested.

How I wish lacrosse was like football where we could see offers and crystal ball predictions. Lacrosse recruits don't seem to post as much as football recruits about their offers. I just wanna know did we offer and strike out or never offer and weren't interested.

Only 3 weeks into the 2020 recruiting cycle - sounds like he had his mind up before offers even went out.

My guess is there was plenty of pre September 1st discussion at least at the college coach/club coach/HS coach (who is Beardsley) level.

I would think most kids don’t want to brag about their 1/4 tuition offer they got from Fairfield. 90+% of kids getting an offer aren’t full ride, like a basketball or football player.
My guess is there was plenty of pre September 1st discussion at least at the college coach/club coach/HS coach (who is Beardsley) level.
There was discussion before 9/1. Never heard that Syracuse was involved in that discussion but I can’t be sure.

I would think most kids don’t want to brag about their 1/4 tuition offer they got from Fairfield. 90+% of kids getting an offer aren’t full ride, like a basketball or football player.
There was discussion before 9/1. Never heard that Syracuse was involved in that discussion but I can’t be sure.

I believe your right, SU was not involved from what I know.

It's not about the tutition for the football players either. It's about being offered by that school. Regardless of the tuition it's still a big deal to get a D1 lax offer from Syracuse

It's not about the tuition for the football players either. It's about being offered by that school. Regardless of the tuition it's still a big deal to get a D1 lax offer from Syracuse

I don't think you'll ever see lacrosse prospects publicize the terms of their scholarship offers unless the scholarship limit is raised from 12.3 to ~22.

It's certainly an accomplishment to get an offer from SU lax. It's validation that a kid is in the top 1% of high school lacrosse players.

However the financial terms of that offer reflect where that kid fits in SU's talent pool. I look at it similar to a pro team assessing its salary cap - SU has a de facto dollar amount assigned to each player (for better or worse) based on the scholarship constraints by the NCAA.

I don't see much benefit to a prospect broadcasting how SU, JHU, UVA, or Duke, etc. values them by disclosing the terms of their offer. I imagine prospects go back and forth to programs that recruit them to try to wring the best possible terms (financial vs. academic vs. playing time availability).

In 10+ years of following recruiting on Twitter, I've never seen a kid tweet about an offer.

Very few tweet about their visits, and nobody ever posts a "Top 5" list.

In 10+ years of following recruiting on Twitter, I've never seen a kid tweet about an offer.

Very few tweet about their visits, and nobody ever posts a "Top 5" list.

Every once in a while you get an article or update from IL or another source that gives a recruit with a lists of offers but its pretty slim. A lot of it remains word to mouth and articles once a player is already on campus with said team.

I don't think you'll ever see lacrosse prospects publicize the terms of their scholarship offers unless the scholarship limit is raised from 12.3 to ~22.

It's certainly an accomplishment to get an offer from SU lax. It's validation that a kid is in the top 1% of high school lacrosse players.

However the financial terms of that offer reflect where that kid fits in SU's talent pool. I look at it similar to a pro team assessing its salary cap - SU has a de facto dollar amount assigned to each player (for better or worse) based on the scholarship constraints by the NCAA.

I don't see much benefit to a prospect broadcasting how SU, JHU, UVA, or Duke, etc. values them by disclosing the terms of their offer. I imagine prospects go back and forth to programs that recruit them to try to wring the best possible terms (financial vs. academic vs. playing time availability).
Blessed to receive a non-binding, non-economic offer from The University of Syracuse!