ryan n | Syracusefan.com

ryan n

kcsu

Living Legend
Looks like Ryan is having both his touch and deep ball arm strength questioned at the SB which isnt a surprise. Is there actually a chance that Doug would take Ryan in the first round? I hope that he does as it would be amazing for us to have a first rounder but i just dont see it. I keep thinking mid rounds

Until this dope wrote this article, I heard no one saying Nassib had a weak arm. In fact, I don't even agree with it. Watching him start 3 years, I don't recall a situation where his arm strength was questioned. Accuracy is another thing.

Hmm I was listening to the Sirius NFL station and they didn't say much about him having a weak arm, but they did say a lot of his throws were out of bounds and just weren't on target, so he did take a hit yesterday. Hopefully today he will bounce back.

Hmm I was listening to the Sirius NFL station and they didn't say much about him having a weak arm, but they did say a lot of his throws were out of bounds and just weren't on target, so he did take a hit yesterday. Hopefully today he will bounce back.
I have posted this many times before Ryans biggest problem is that he isnt a true passer but rather a thrower. Hack did wonders with him but at the end of the day you either have touch or you dont it cant be learned

In the end, I think Ryan is taken by the Bills in the 2nd round.

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

Until this dope wrote this article, I heard no one saying Nassib had a weak arm. In fact, I don't even agree with it. Watching him start 3 years, I don't recall a situation where his arm strength was questioned. Accuracy is another thing.
Exactly. I dont think Ryan has a weak arm, he may not be very accurate on his deep balls but that's different from weak arming throws down the field. Ryan has the arm strength to throw deep. If you watched the Bills at all this past year you would know what a weak arm looks like, see Ryan Fitzpatrick. Dude underthrew wide open WR's on deep routes ALL the time, most of the time resulting in an INT because the WR had his man beat and couldnt get back to the ball.

As a Bills fan I would be happy with this, 1st round on Ryan.. not so much.

Dude underthrew wide open WR's on deep routes ALL the time...
Ummm...you mean kinda like Ryan did this year? I'm not really questioning Ryan's arm strength but unlike years past when Ryan would consistently over throw his receivers downfield, this season I remember numerous instances where our reveivers had their guy beat and the ball was underthrown. Sometimes this may have been a footwork issue which found Ryan throwing off his back foot. That can be fixed.

I think it would be a good thing for Nassib to go to get drafted by somebody other than the Bills.

He's been with Hackett for a few years now - a new perspective from a coach with (potentially) more QB experience could be a big boost for his development.

$1 says the bills pass on him 2x.

another $1 says 3x.

and if hes still there in the 4th?...$1 more

Oh Lord

$1 says the bills pass on him 2x.

another $1 says 3x.

and if hes still there in the 4th?...$1 more

Oh Lord

You have been in the same camp all year KJ... Sounds like he lost some street cred this week in the SB practice sessions.. Ping me Sat, have Pop in town watching with me!!

You have been in the same camp all year KJ... Sounds like he lost some street cred this week in the SB practice sessions.. Ping me Sat, have Pop in town watching with me!!
will do.

im not wishing him any will ill (until we see who he plays for ;)) but i still dont see him as a top level talent and gun to head, id guarantee marrone passes on him.

and i would guess smart bills fans would have to agree.

QBs are weak this year he may sneak up the ladder

Ummm...you mean kinda like Ryan did this year? I'm not really questioning Ryan's arm strength but unlike years past when Ryan would consistently over throw his receivers downfield, this season I remember numerous instances where our reveivers had their guy beat and the ball was underthrown. Sometimes this may have been a footwork issue which found Ryan throwing off his back foot. That can be fixed.
Nassib overthrew a lot this year too. The point was that Nassib does not have a weak arm. If he underthrew someone, it wasn't due to a weak arm.

Ryan is akin to a pitcher with a blazing fastball...but nothing else. No slider, no splitter, no curveball.

Ryan's always had problems adjusting the velocity of his throws. It doesn't matter if the receiver is 5 or 20 yards away. His ball will be delivered with the exact same blazing velocity for either throw.

Now anyone who doubts his armstrength is a moron that hasn't watch him throw.

There is nothing wrong with his arm strength.

On the whole, though, he is just not all that accurate.

But he's smart, strong and competitive.

Pugh at 8, Ryan in the 2nd, Lemon in the 4th.

Pugh at 8? He isn't even being considered a 1st rounder is he? He's not even being considered a tackle anymore because of his short arms.

ryan in the 3rd pugh in the 5th lemon 7th

There's no way Nassib will make it to the 3rd. Deserved or not, he'll be gone after the first two rounds. I'm expecting him to be a late 1st round pick. I think a team will trade up to snag him.

If Pugh was graded to go in the 3rd when he went to the advisory board, I'm sure they understood his arms weren't long enough. There's no way he would have left if he was going to drop that far.

If Pugh was graded to go in the 3rd when he went to the advisory board, I'm sure they understood his arms weren't long enough. There's no way he would have left if he was going to drop that far.
I hope they all go in the 1st we will see soon enough

ryan 2, pugh 2, lemon 4, shamarko 6/7.

will do.

gun to head, id guarantee marrone passes on him.

2 weeks ago I would have guaranteed that Marrone would hire an NFL OC and mostly NFL assistants. Instead he turned the Bills into Syracuffalo, or Buffacuse, take your pick. I'm not disagreeing, I would think he'd pass also but I've been stunned pretty much by every move made recently so why stop now?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom