Ryan Nassib is tied for Russ Lande's top NFL prospect | Syracusefan.com

Ryan Nassib is tied for Russ Lande's top NFL prospect

OrangeCrush22

All American
They're the only two Syracuse players in his top 200 list.

Probably because Shamarko cannot be measured by mortal numbers so therefore doesn;t show up on that list. If he did his grade would read
images

Probably because Shamarko cannot be measured by mortal numbers so therefore doesn;t show up on that list. If he did his grade would read
images
I think it's pretty safe to assume Shamarko is going to skyrocket up draft boards during and after the NFL Combine.

I think it's pretty safe to assume Shamarko is going to skyrocket up draft boards during and after the NFL Combine.

Is his arm/shoulder 100%? If so I'm curious to see what he puts up on the bench as well as his official 40 time. If clocks 4.45 or less scouts will be drooling.

I'll have some of whatever this guy is smoking please. I wouldn't even put Ryan Nassib in the top 3 of 2013 QB prospects...not even close to being the best prospect in the draft!! Seriously? I love Syracuse football, and I have a lot of respect for Nassib for what he did while he was here, but this is just crazy.

I'll have some of whatever this guy is smoking please. I wouldn't even put Ryan Nassib in the top 3 of 2013 QB prospects...not even close to being the best prospect in the draft!! Seriously? I love Syracuse football, and I have a lot of respect for Nassib for what he did while he was here, but this is just crazy.

Which 3 qb's would you take ahead of him? It's a down year for qb's.

So we recruited a 5 star QB 5 years ago? GRob's gift to us all.

I believe all this means is that Lande is on drugs. I love Nassib, but there is no QB anywhere near the top of this class. Nassib is not Luck, he is not RGIII. He is a solid prospect, but not even a very good one. Best player in the class is completely ridiculous nonsense.

Tyler Wilson, Matt Barkley and Tyler Bray are the three I predict get drafted ahead of Nassib. Don't be shocked if he goes behind Geno Smith as well the dirty West Virginian...

Tyler Wilson, Matt Barkley and Tyler Bray are the three I predict get drafted ahead of Nassib. Don't be shocked if he goes behind Geno Smith as well the dirty West Virginian...

Tough to predict much of anything prior to the combine. If you're going off body of work it's a pretty similar group stat wise. Wilson looks good at time but likes to throw to opposing db's, Barkley shriveled up this year when he was needed to win games, Bray is a bit of an enigma, and anyone that watches Smith's film will see inflated stats thanks to a stud wr group that turned screens into long TD's. Nassib might get the benefit of putting up solid numbers with a perceived lower talent level to work with.

Regardless, it is not a stellar QB class by any stretch which is great for Nassib.

Sunday February 24th is when the NfL combines start for QB's and that is all that matters. I think Barkley goes way down the list also, he is not an NFL qb. Just my 2 cents.

Certainly is a down year for QB's, which is exactly why this guy's big board is ridiculous. I think the following 3 QB's will come off the board before Nassib. At this point, I would even have EJ Manuel and Mike Glennon ahead of Nassib.

1. Geno Smith 2. Tyler Wilson 3. Matt Barkley

Sunday February 24th is when the NfL combines start for QB's and that is all that matters. I think Barkley goes way down the list also, he is not an NFL qb. Just my 2 cents.

The combine, IMO, is pretty meaningless for QB's. Scouts already have had plenty of time watching these guys in real action, and plenty of tape to review. Plus, the senior bowl already took place, and that is probably more meaningful to scouts than the combine...running around cones in spandex.

I disagree about Barkley. He had a down year this year, but has 3 solid years of very impressive play for scouts to look at. He was running for his life this season.

russ-lande.jpg

First of all here are Lande's credentials:

Russ Lande is the Director of Scouting for National Football Post.

He is also the Director of Scouting for GM Jr. Scouting (www.RUSSLANDE.com), and the host of The Next Level on The Big Ten Network.

He worked as a $cout for the Rams and the Browns. While with the Rams, Russ learned from some of the best football minds – Jack Faulkner, Dick Vermeil, Mike White, Bud Carson, Charley Armey and Nick Aliotti.

He was hired as the Browns Midwest Blesto $cout. As a $cout for the Browns, Russ evaluated all senior players at over 70 Midwest colleges and universities.

He also worked at the Sporting News.

He isn't some Bleacher Reports high school amateur hour clown. He was a $cout in the national football league, the guy knows what to look for in players. Don't poo poo what he says which is as follows:

Ryan Nassib is not just the #1 QB in this years draft, he is the number one prospect available at this time!

Ryan Nassib is a slam dunk can't miss quarterback, are you listening Doug?

He's without question the most mechanically sound quarterback in this year's draft.

His release is lightening fast, probably the fastest since Marc Bulger came out of West Virginia.

He does a great job of maintaining balance.

He's got a live arm.

He can make all of the throws.

He not only throws it accurately, he does a great job as they are coming out of their breaks

He's not throwing it to a receiver, he's throwing it to a spot.

His timing is very good.

Ryan, Justin and Alec have all been invited to the NFL Combine in Indy.

This guy is the worst draft "analyst" every year. His rankings and mock drafts are laughable and are always far from reality. I always laugh when he is referenced because of how bad his projections are every April. He must put some of this stuff out there to get people riled up and talking because he's usually so far off from most of the other guys.

This guy is the worst draft "analyst" every year. His rankings and mock drafts are laughable and are always far from reality. I always laugh when he is referenced because of how bad his projections are every April. He must put some of this stuff out there to get people riled up and talking because he's usually so far off from most of the other guys.
Links

So we recruited a 5 star QB 5 years ago? GRob's gift to us all.

If Grob were still here, Nassib would be a shell-shocked-former-QB-converted-to-a-bench-riding-TE.

Certainly is a down year for QB's, which is exactly why this guy's big board is ridiculous. I think the following 3 QB's will come off the board before Nassib. At this point, I would even have EJ Manuel and Mike Glennon ahead of Nassib.

1. Geno Smith 2. Tyler Wilson 3. Matt Barkley

The combine, IMO, is pretty meaningless for QB's. Scouts already have had plenty of time watching these guys in real action, and plenty of tape to review. Plus, the senior bowl already took place, and that is probably more meaningful to scouts than the combine...running around cones in spandex.

I disagree about Barkley. He had a down year this year, but has 3 solid years of very impressive play for scouts to look at. He was running for his life this season.

Combine is where the wonderlic test comes into play. Nassib will do well, not sure of the others. Smith never looked like a good qb to me but perhaps because i've seen him play Syracuse mainly. Glennon and Wilson are interesting prospects but Barkley I don't agree with. He's similar to Smith in that his WR's made him look better than he is.

Nassib is a good quarterback prospect with good leadership presence, a live arm, sound mechanics/footwork, and the football IQ necessary to dissect an NFL defense. One of my favorite things about Nassib is his ability to "look off" the safety in coverage. He rarely stares down his receivers like other QB's. He has gotten better every year since he has taken over at Syracuse, and I sincerely believe that he will continue to get better. I liken him to a guy like Andy Dalton. Never going to be a gun-slinger like an Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady, but he could be a viable NFL starting QB and lead his team to the playoffs (with a good defense & a really solid run game).

He does struggle with the deep ball, however, as he tends to put too much air under his deep thrown; often resulting in grossly under throwing his receivers. His accuracy certainly leaves something to be desired, as he has not yet proven to be able to make those difficult "spot throws" (i.e., 10 yard out to the back shoulder). You have to be able to make these throws at the next level. His touch is also inconsistent, as he tends to put too much "mustard" on short-intermediate throws. I also question his decision making at times, as he appears to get "happy feet" in the pocket and make poor decisions.

Again...just one man's opinion. I would expect Nassib to come off the board in the late 2nd-early 3rd round.

Combine is where the wonderlic test comes into play. Nassib will do well, not sure of the others. Smith never looked like a good qb to me but perhaps because i've seen him play Syracuse mainly. Glennon and Wilson are interesting prospects but Barkley I don't agree with. He's similar to Smith in that his WR's made him look better than he is.

FWIW...I was watching an interview with Buffalo GM Buddy Nix, and he said that the scouting department gets together with the coaching staff prior to the combine, and each coach/positional coach gives them their "wish list" as far as specific players they want. He went on to say that they develop their draft board based off "athletic ability and production," and that the height-weight-speed factor that they evaluate at the combine does play into the equation, but they are more concerned about production (the players' body of work). Sounds to me like they pretty much have their draft board "roughed out" before they even get to the combine. He also talks about the 3 QB's on the senior bowl north squad...Wilson, Glennon, and Nassib.

Make all the Buffalo Bills jokes you want, but Buddy Nix was a VERY well respected scout for a long time in the NFL before he became GM of the Bills. I would post his "resume," but you all can look him up on wikipedia if you want...lol.

Here's the URL to that interview...I couldn't imbed the link.

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-c...nterview/182e01c7-c1c1-4352-a77a-8503814df4d4

FWIW...I was watching an interview with Buffalo GM Buddy Nix, and he said that the scouting department gets together with the coaching staff prior to the combine, and each coach/positional coach gives them their "wish list" as far as specific players they want. He went on to say that they develop their draft board based off "athletic ability and production," and that the height-weight-speed factor that they evaluate at the combine does play into the equation, but they are more concerned about production (the players' body of work). Sounds to me like they pretty much have their draft board "roughed out" before they even get to the combine. He also talks about the 3 QB's on the senior bowl north squad...Wilson, Glennon, and Nassib.

Make all the Buffalo Bills jokes you want, but Buddy Nix was a VERY well respected for a long time in the NFL before he became GM of the Bills. I would post his "resume," but you all can look him up on wikipedia if you want...lol.

Here's the URL to that interview...I couldn't imbed the link.

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-c...nterview/182e01c7-c1c1-4352-a77a-8503814df4d4

Dude how many times have I told you... Stop wasting time on the Bills. Come over to the Big Blue side.