Ryan Nassib | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Ryan Nassib

Nassib 8th in the first round to Buffalo for Marrone sounds about right to me. If Marrone wasn't in Buffalo then Nassib wouldn't go till the late second or third.

In my honest opinion, with a spring to work, Nassib will be a better QB than Kevin Kolb or Tavaris Jackson and could start for the Bills.

The Buffalo hate here is unseemly. Especially considering how shitty of a run Syracuse football had within the past 10 years. Franchises have valleys and peaks. NE, Indy, the Giants and the Jets were some of the worst franchises in the NFL in the 90s.

The NFL is entirely QB play. Nassib very well may excel as a Bill, and in 10 years we're going to be begging our cuse players to not be selected by perennially shitty QB-less patriots.

So lets cut out the Downstate Hate or at least funnel it towards A-Rod.

If Marrone does pick Nassib at #8 he is basically signing his own resignation letter and post dating it three years. The Bills have so many holes all over the roster that they can't afford to waste their first round pick on a talent who won't be ready for at least 2 or 3 years. I for one believe due to Ryan's inability to throw an accurate long ball he is not capable of starting in the NFL today. I don't think you can take a qb with such a huge flaw so high in the draft.

My non-informed guess is that they go with one of the two guards or a good tackle. Marrone knows he needs to build from the line out.

Couldnt have said it any better. Marrone will be out of the league within three years.

Drafting a late 2nd rd talent at #8 simply puts another mediocre qb in the mix, with no upgrades over the rest of the putrid roster. If you take CJ Spiller away, this team is pretty much barren of talent.

Couldnt have said it any better. Marrone will be out of the league within three years.

Drafting a late 2nd rd talent at #8 simply puts another mediocre qb in the mix, with no upgrades over the rest of the putrid roster. If you take CJ Spiller away, this team is pretty much barren of talent.

Who is the girl in your picture?

Kyle Williams, Marcel Dareus, Jairus Byrd, Stephon Gilmore, Stevie Johnson, Fred Jackson ... all great to elite NFL players.

Kyle Williams, Marcel Dareus, Jairus Byrd, Stephon Gilmore, Stevie Johnson, Fred Jackson ... all great to elite NFL players.

sorry bud, you are living in a dream world. not even worth getting in to, but to state that Fred Jackson is an ELITE nfl player shows that you dont know the game at all.

One thing that cracks me up about the draftniks is how easy they assume trading down is.

If you want to trade down, you need someone willing to trade up.

sorry bud, you are living in a dream world. not even worth getting in to, but to state that Fred Jackson is an ELITE nfl player shows that you dont know the game at all.

Fred Jackson led the NFL in Y/A among RBs in 2011. Injury and reduced workload may have dampened his numbers last year, but the man remains an elite RB.

Is this a joke?

wh wh what?

I would say Williams and Byrd are great/elite. Jackson was great up until last year, I can't see him reaching that level again at age 32. Dareus is very good with the potential to be great/elite (needs to improve against the run). Stevie Johnson is very good, I'd stop well short of saying great. Gilmore isn't even above average yet. He needs time.

Fred Jackson led the NFL in Y/A among RBs in 2011. Injury and reduced workload may have dampened his numbers last year, but the man remains an elite RB.

lol

Fred Jackson had ONE good year. Wow your analysis of what elite is baffles me. i guess we will put him up there with other elite stars such as Brady Anderson, Ryan Fitzpatrick and Brian Hartline. All elite i guess...

lol

Fred Jackson had ONE good year. Wow your analysis of what elite is baffles me. i guess we will put him up there with other elite stars such as Brady Anderson, Ryan Fitzpatrick and Brian Hartline. All elite i guess...

... Leading the league in the most important stat for your position is the definition of elite.

lol

Depends on what one considers to be "elite." But Jackson was (is?) a great player in his prime. Playing on a crappy team doesn't make him any less of a player.

He split the carries with Marshawn Lynch in his first two seasons in the league in 2007 and 2008 before taking over the job for good in 2009 (Lynch has done pretty well for himself in Seattle, btw). That same season he was the first player in NFL history to rush for over 1,000 and gain over 1,000 in kickoff return yards. Two years later he was having the best season of any RB in the league and was an MVP candidate before breaking his leg. He's an all-around type of player who has no weakness.

Stating that the Bills have no talent is ridiculous.

What the Bills have lacked time and time again for over a decade now is a LEADER and a good coach. Nassib proved he could be a leader at Syracuse. Hopefully receivers like Johnson could pull there ... together and stop dropping so many passes if NAssib comes to town.

Whether or not Marrone will be a good fit in Buffalo is yet to be seen. Buffalo, make no mistakes, is a big time sports city. It may not be NYC, Philly or Chi Town...but the spotlight in Buffalo is ALWAYS on the Bills and Sabres.

is Marrone the GM? Must have missed that.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Because of all of those Super Bowl rings the Eagles have, right?

No, because it's a better job.

Listen, I have no love for Buffalo or Philly for that matter, but where do coaches and players go to die?

There's a couple of teams that could fit that "bill" - no pun intended... and Buffalo is one of them.

Let's hope Marrone can turn it around... just not holding my breath.

It's not hating on Buffalo when the truth is brutal...

no he doesnt.

the same thing could be said that nassib owes marrone/hackett for making him what he is.

there is no such thing as "owing him 1" business is business. nothing personal.

it may work out in the end, but it most certainly is not because marrone "owes him 1"
It was mostly tongue in cheek, but I think Nassib saved us from really struggling under Marrone

No, because it's a better job.

Listen, I have no love for Buffalo or Philly for that matter, but where do coaches and players go to die?

There's a couple of teams that could fit that "bill" - no pun intended... and Buffalo is one of them.

Let's hope Marrone can turn it around... just not holding my breath.

It's not hating on Buffalo when the truth is brutal...

Yes, they have sucked for the past decade. That doesn't mean they're going to suck for eternity. It's the NFL. Things can change for a team overnight.

I think the Bills will be much much better next year for one reason alone... they booted Wanstedt who might have put in the worst coaching performance in history last year. I love the pick up of Pettine from the Jets as their new DC. I think the Bills have a ton of talent on the dline but their lbs are horrible and their secondary is short a solid DB or two.

On offense the Bills had a solid line but now they need to replace Levitre who is much better than people give him credit for so I'm not sure how much that will set them back. Outside of QB the Bills have zero wide receivers outside of Stevie Johnson who can play. It's so bad that they turned their former H-Back into a wide receiver. The Bills also don't have a healthy TE who can actually catch a football.

I actually think in the long run Marrone will succeed using the same gameplan he used to turn around Syracuse. Year one will be all about instilling a change in the personality of the team. The Bills were as soft as charmin last year both physically and mentally, I expect that by the end of next year the Bills will be one of the hardest hitting teams in the NFL. Also just like at Syracuse he is going to use Kevin Kolb as a one year rental while the QB of the future learns the rope. One additional parallel to Syracuse is that Marrone's best move was hiring a really aggressive DC with great bloodlines.

Here are my predictions:
- year 1 will be 8-8 with a hard hitting team that tries to grind out games but can't. The D will carry the Bills to some upsets.
- year 2 will be 9-7 with the Bills in the hunt for the playoffs. The offense will be a lot better but still have some gaping holes. We will see the QB of the future start to learn how to play and the Bills will have a rep for playing one of the most physical brands of football out there.
- year 3 I expect 10-6 and playoffs baby.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom