Rysheed Jordan Story | Syracusefan.com

Rysheed Jordan Story

Here's hoping he stays where he is. He earned it. No one to blame but himself for pissing away college and an NBA future. Sell drugs, set up a robbery and then shoot someone, you go to jail. The only one who should be crying for this man is his mama.

That's a good piece. Would've been interesting to see how he was exactly sucked into the criminal element more, but still, pretty enlightening. He sounded like a GREAT family kid in high school who shouldered a heavy load of responsibilty for his siblings but was constantly hit with too much drama, much of it unfair. Unfortunate.

That's a good piece. Would've been interesting to see how he was exactly sucked into the criminal element more, but still, pretty enlightening. He sounded like a GREAT family kid in high school who shouldered a heavy load of responsibilty for his siblings but was constantly hit with too much drama, much of it unfair. Unfortunate.

I thought he was coming here right up until Buss Patterson announced his commitment to us. Reading the article made it sound as if we weren't as close as I thought.

I thought he was coming here right up until Buss Patterson announced his commitment to us. Reading the article made it sound as if we weren't as close as I thought.

Or wasn't it Ennis? Once he committed Jordan didn't want to battle for minutes to potentially be second fiddle?

Or wasn't it Ennis? Once he committed Jordan didn't want to battle for minutes to potentially be second fiddle?

Could've been but Ennis committed in the Summer well before Patterson, and I thought we were involved with Jordan after Ennis committed.

Could've been but Ennis committed in the Summer well before Patterson, and I thought we were involved with Jordan after Ennis committed.

It's a little foggy but I think Ennis committed that summer and we were looking for a second guard who could run point, as Ennis was the only PG on the roster that year. We liked Jordan a lot and tried to press him to commit to us in the fall. Also in the fall, G-Mac went up to Brewster to check out an open gym because we were still after McCullough pretty hard and saw Buss for the first time and really liked him. After Orange Madness, where we tried to secure Jordan's commitment, it became obvious he was in no rush to decide. We didn't want to get stuck so Patterson visited I think the next weekend and we accepted his commitment on his visit with the thought that he would be a great presence up top on defense and someone who would be able to play some point for stretches at a time.

the thought that he would be a great presence up top on defense and someone who would be able to play some point for stretches at a time.

That's cute.

Looks like we dodged a bullet.

Yeah, most likely but you never know. Chances are that if he couldn't handle the homesickness and family situations from NYC then he would not have been able to handle them from Syracuse. That's crazy how he was driving back to Philly 3-4x a week to deal with family issues and such.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom