Class of 2016 - S Eric Burrell (MD) Verbal to Wisconsin | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 S Eric Burrell (MD) Verbal to Wisconsin

I'm gonna be honest here, if I were a recruit I'd be annoyed by the massive amounts of mail. I guess that's just me though?
Not a chance.. I know when I was applying for colleges and I started getting mail from a bunch.. I looked through every piece.. You forget how new and big of a step this is in their lives.. I looked through every piece and most of the schools could have cared less if I went there or not.

It's like having a great new boyfriend/girlfriend who is really attentive at first but after a while you discover they are a stalker and your pet rabbit ends up boiled in a pot. Is that too extreme?

Not going to lie every single letter I got from a school that was recruiting me was great. I still have them all saved to this day.

Not going to lie every single letter I got from a school that was recruiting me was great. I still have them all saved to this day.

That's awesome Ano. I was being very tongue in cheek. Did you ever get bombarded by one school?

That's awesome Ano. I was being very tongue in cheek. Did you ever get bombarded by one school?

No, it wasn't high D1 like these guys so never got the big mail loads.

No, it wasn't high D1 like these guys so never got the big mail loads.
Yeah, that'd be different for me, too. I'd be totally fine with getting like, a piece of mail from a school each day. But when ONE school sends like, 30 in a day? That would just annoy me. It's like spam mail to me. I can't remember who it was...didn't some school send a kid something like 100 pieces of a mail in a day last cycle?

Yeah, that'd be different for me, too. I'd be totally fine with getting like, a piece of mail from a school each day. But when ONE school sends like, 30 in a day? That would just annoy me. It's like spam mail to me. I can't remember who it was...didn't some school send a kid something like 100 pieces of a mail in a day last cycle?
30 letters in a day isn't that unusual. It is, however, tiring. I remember Steven getting close to 200 letters from Memphis in one day; the stack of envelopes was close to 7 inches tall. That, too isn't unusual. It does tax the hefty trash bag liner, though.

30 letters in a day isn't that unusual. It is, however, tiring. I remember Steven getting close to 200 letters from Memphis in one day; the stack of envelopes was close to 7 inches tall. That, too isn't unusual. It does tax the hefty trash bag liner, though.

Sounds like a burn barrel should be required recruiting equipment. ;)

If we get Burrell we will all love the bombarding with mail strategy :)

I was also a recruited athlete, loved getting the mail and 30 years later I still have them all.

Different time then and might have only received 30 pieces total but I'd imagine at the same age 30 pieces from one school in one day would've been great. Now that that's the norm I might feel differently. At the end of the day the mail wouldn't have mattered anyways on what schools I was going to consider.

PhatOrange said:
I was also a recruited athlete, loved getting the mail and 30 years later I still have them all. Different time then and might have only received 30 pieces total but I'd imagine at the same age 30 pieces from one school in one day would've been great. Now that that's the norm I might feel differently. At the end of the day the mail wouldn't have mattered anyways on what schools I was going to consider.

Me either. Not one bit.

So uh, did we make it?
apparently, yes. if you look at Burrell's profile page on the Krystal Ball site, it shows 5 schools under "warmer" and "warm" interest. We are one of the five, and one of the two "warm". Terps, Badgers and Duke are warmer, SU and BC are warm. whatever! :0

Yeah, he's extremely high on SU. I don't think we need to worry about being excluded from his top 5. Just wild guess time, I'd say his top 5 will be... Syracuse, Nebraska, Duke, Wisconsin, and maybe Iowa or Virginia. Total guess on 3 of those 5. I'm only certain that SU and Nebraska will be included.
Well, I correctly guessed three of the four anyway.

well Burrell picked a good weekend to visit Wiscy.

I don't think i realized he is listed at only 5-11

well Burrell picked a good weekend to visit Wiscy.

I don't think i realized he is listed at only 5-11
If I'm not mistaken, I think they're looking at him as a combo DB...so he might wind up at CB. Same as Scoop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom