S I names Carrier Dome 7th toughest college arena for visiting basketball teams | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

S I names Carrier Dome 7th toughest college arena for visiting basketball teams

Something like that. What difference does it make?

Isn’t that kinda like banning a team from the postseason because of something other people on the team did 5 years prior.

I would be willing to bet there isn’t 1 undergrad at SU that was around when “they did it to themselves”

Why would a dome not qualify as an arena?

a·re·na

əˈrēnə/
noun
a level area surrounded by seats for spectators, in which sports, entertainments, and other public events are held.
"

I am no venue expert but there is definitely a difference between an “arena tour” and a “stadium tour” in entertainment. And a confusion with that would be a multi million dollar mistake.

Isn’t that kinda like banning a team from the postseason because of something other people on the team did 5 years prior.

I would be willing to bet there isn’t 1 undergrad at SU that was around when “they did it to themselves”

It’s not that it’s the fault of any one class of students. I used students as a General term and it was their own fault.

It’s not that it’s the fault of any one class of students. I used students as a General term and it was their own fault.

Ok. I didn’t read it like that. But no big deal.

So force any alum from that era with seasons tix to give them up to help form the new improved student section.

I am no venue expert but there is definitely a difference between an “arena tour” and a “stadium tour” in entertainment. And a confusion with that would be a multi million dollar mistake.

You're majorly overthinking this. They're just ranking the buildings that college basketball teams play in. Ours happens to be a little unique.

I think the Dome, moreso than any other place, is hard to pin down on a list like this.

When it’s full and rocking, it’s something different than any other b-ball arena. Maybe not in measured noise level, but there’s something different about it when it’s coming from 30,000 plus vs. 10,000.

The unique setup/backdrops can be an advantage because it’s different than what players are used to in every other arena.

It can be dead, even with a big crowd. Being so far from the court/spread out, I think makes it easier for fans to just sit back like they’re watching a movie rather than making noise. You’d never have a small amount of visiting fans take over Kansas, Kentucky, UNC, Duke, etc. the way a couple thousand Bonnies did for 75% of the game last year while 15,000 SU fans were silent.

The Dome can be far and away #1, or way down the list depending on the game, opponent, crowd size, etc.

You're majorly overthinking this. They're just ranking the buildings that college basketball teams play in. Ours happens to be a little unique.

I think you are overthinking how much (or little in this case) i care about it. Just making the obvious comment.

I think the Dome, moreso than any other place, is hard to pin down on a list like this.

When it’s full and rocking, it’s something different than any other b-ball arena. Maybe not in measured noise level, but there’s something different about it when it’s coming from 30,000 plus vs. 10,000.

The unique setup/backdrops can be an advantage because it’s different than what players are used to in every other arena.

It can be dead, even with a big crowd. Being so far from the court/spread out, I think makes it easier for fans to just sit back like they’re watching a movie rather than making noise. You’d never have a small amount of visiting fans take over Kansas, Kentucky, UNC, Duke, etc. the way a couple thousand Bonnies did for 75% of the game last year while 15,000 SU fans were silent.

The Dome can be far and away #1, or way down the list depending on the game, opponent, crowd size, etc.

100%

Its on wikipedia so it MUST be true

AT&T Stadium (Dallas, Texas), the Carrier Dome (Syracuse, New York, USA), the Stade Pierre-Mauroy (in Lille, France) and Paris La Défense Arena (Nanterre, France), are not included as they are dome and retractable roof stadiumsbuilt for field sports that also host indoor events. The Mercedes-Benz Superdome, which does not have a retractable roof, has been ignored in this list; it regularly seats more than 70,000 people for basketball games (NCAA and NBA), boxing (over 65,000 for the Ali-Spinks Rematch), and more than 75,000 for professional wrestling. In 1981 the Rolling Stones reported Superdome attendance of 87,500 for a concert, while Pope John Paul II spoke to a crowd of more than 80,000 children in 1987.

List of indoor arenas by capacity - Wikipedia

I am pretty sure I was at this game. My brother, cousin, and I were getting LGO chants going the entire game.
My shoulder still hurts from the high fives I got from nycfan
1537823122096.gif

Thank you