Sad news coming boards way... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Sad news coming boards way...

image.jpeg

A day I'll never forget. Such a gracious guy.Loved watching him play

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    40 KB · Views: 56
One of the pillars of the Big East conference. God bless his soul and I really hope he is comfortable.

This news literally made me throw-up. Thank you for everything Dwayne "Pearl" Washington.

This is a sad day for Su, prayers to Pearl and his family, I really wish I could have seen him play.

I have a personal Pearl story from when I was a kid. I'll never share it but it meant so much to me that...well, that experience started this Cuse love affair.

I'm seriously depressed about this news. Losing to Indiana, losing in the Final Four, losing to Richmond is one thing. Losing the Pearl...man...I'm out of words.

God bless you Pearl on the rest of your journey here on this Earth and into the next.

I have a personal Pearl story from when I was a kid. I'll never share it but it meant so much to me that...well, that experience started this Cuse love affair.

I'm seriously depressed about this news. Losing to Indiana, losing in the Final Four, losing to Richmond is one thing. Losing the Pearl...man...I'm out of words.

God bless you Pearl on the rest of your journey here on this Earth and into the next.
The man has a good heart.

Sad news if it turns out to be true. It's not over 'til it's over, though. I'm sure we all know someone, or a friend of a friend who's made a miraculous recovery when people counted them out. I've known people given time tables, or 10-15% chance, and they made it. That said, if he doesn't make it, it's pretty awesome that he got to see one more final four run in a year we had no business doing it! I'm sure that was special for him.

Anyway, no Pearl memories here. Unfortunately, I grew up in an area where college hoops weren't a big deal, so I didn't truly get into college basketball until I went to college. Pearl also was in the NBA within a couple weeks of me being born... But seeing all of the old Pearl highlights and what the Big East was back in the day made me wish I was around to watch!

He was a little before my time but being from nyc and a die hard cuse hoops fan since late 80s ive always appreciated him. Cuse basketball aint what it is today without him. Sucks.

OrangeXtreme said:

That article is heart breaking.

When I was working in TV, they used to have a "Broadcasters vs. SU Football" basketball game at Manley. I played on the broadcast squad. We were supposed to have some ringers, one of them being Roosevelt Bouie. Our other ringer was going to be Pearl. For whatever reason, Pearl ended up not being able to make it.

I was so disappointed I didn't get the chance to occupy the same court as a living legend. I'd played with Allen Griffin and Preston Shumpert at Archbold, but the Pearl was on a whole other level. We lost to the football squad that day, and with Pearl I'm sure we would have won. I'm pretty sure it turned out he was sick at that point, and why he couldn't make it.

I never got to see the Pearl play, but as a kid I heard the stories, and saw some of the highlights. Even the chance to play with him was a thrill.

As a side-note, I almost ended Mo Jackson's football career that day. I believe that's probably why they don't do those kind of games anymore.

Good luck Pearl, we're all praying for you.

I lost my nephew last June to a brain tumor he suffered with for 7 years, saying goodbye in hospice was the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. He was 39 when he died. Other than Orangeyes you wouldn't find a bigger SU fan.

RIP T. Wallace

Pearl, I'm so sorry you are on the same journey, God bless you and thank you for all of the joy you've given to us through basketball. :(:(:(

I lost my nephew last June to a brain tumor he suffered with for 7 years, saying goodbye in hospice was the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. He was 39 when he died. Other than Orangeyes you wouldn't find a bigger SU fan.

RIP T. Wallace

Pearl, I'm so sorry you are on the same journey, God bless you and thank you for all of the joy you've given to us through basketball. :(:(:(
So sorry about your nephew. 39 is way too young.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom