safety position | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

safety position

I can't remember his name, but I think the Broncos had a really big safety a while back. I think Steve was his first name. He was very good player if I remember correctly.

steve attwater?

At running back in 2013 we have Smith and Gulley as the 1-2 punch. AAM and George Morris backing them up. Rene as the emergency 5th RB. I would bet money that they start Estime out at RB. That leaves six even without McFarlane and Broyld. And if people are worried about 2014 - running back is a position that true freshman can play. Bring in two for that class. Throw in the assumption that McDonald will use multiple tight ends in his offense and loves receivers, and I just don't see the lack of depth at running back a problem at all.

Hell, I even think they could redshirt AAM in 2013 along with moving McFarlane to safety and Broyld to TE. That would still leave four running backs (Smith, Gulley, Morris, Rene).

take it for what it's worth but per his twitter he stated he was being recruited as a slot receiver. i would hope to see that as i feel it would utilize him best. at that size he never is going to give you more then 10 carries.

personally i would like to see McFarland get the move. Perfect size, and RB's can be recruited to play early if need be. Otherwise with Morris in the same class, I don't think he would ever get as many carries that would justify keeping him there, barring injury.

I can't remember his name, but I think the Broncos had a really big safety a while back. I think Steve was his first name. He was very good player if I remember correctly.

Atwater was 6-3 218. Big, but AB is even bigger than that.

Bingo! I think he was a perennial all pro.

he hit like a mad man too. great player. he would have led the league in fines if he played in today's game.

take it for what it's worth but per his twitter he stated he was being recruited as a slot receiver. i would hope to see that as i feel it would utilize him best. at that size he never is going to give you more then 10 carries.

personally i would like to see McFarland get the move. Perfect size, and RB's can be recruited to play early if need be. Otherwise with Morris in the same class, I don't think he would ever get as many carries that would justify keeping him there, barring injury.

It's called a multi-purpose running back. The days of a 50 cpg 3-yards-and-a-cloud-of-dust workhorse with the sole purpose of taking the hand-off and running up the middle are pretty much gone. CJ Spiller lined up at receiver in 2012 for the Bills more than he lined up behind the QB. Ray Rice has more receptions annually than most wide receivers. Just the way it is nowadays.

Agreed about McFarlane. He could make a pretty good strong safety at his size and apparent athleticism.

At running back in 2013 we have Smith and Gulley as the 1-2 punch. AAM and George Morris backing them up. Rene as the emergency 5th RB. I would bet money that they start Estime out at RB. That leaves six even without McFarlane and Broyld. And if people are worried about 2014 - running back is a position that true freshman can play. Bring in two for that class. Throw in the assumption that McDonald will use multiple tight ends in his offense and loves receivers, and I just don't see the lack of depth at running back a problem at all.

Hell, I even think they could redshirt AAM in 2013 along with moving McFarlane to safety and Broyld to TE. That would still leave four running backs (Smith, Gulley, Morris, Rene).

The other thing we don't know is, what did Shafer think of McFarlane at safety? He had him there early on. If he liked him there, I'm sure he'll have that talk about him going back. RB is definitely a priority for 2014 either way, just to plan ahead as the older guys move on. But you're right, RBs can typically play earlier, it's the blocking that tends to be the biggest obstacle early on.

I don't know what Broyld would be like on defense, but I would love it if he moved to OLB now, redshirted in 2013, and then took over for Spruill's vacated spot in 2014. I know there is a lot that goes into that, but size and athletic ability are there, which is a good start. Getting a legit MLB is also a major priority for 2014.

he hit like a mad man too. great player. he would have led the league in fines if he played in today's game.

He leveled Christian Okoye if I remember correctly. Hardest hit I have seen in a game, loudest too. Look it up on Youtube, people said you could hear it in the 3rd deck of the stadium.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom