San Diego St Game Cancelled? | Syracusefan.com

San Diego St Game Cancelled?

Maybe they could jack up the already ridiculous prices to cover the lack of sponsors.

I doubt the SDSA is anymore hostile than the boat would be. If necessary, I hope we still make the trip rather than schedule somebody like LeMoyne to fill the gap.

Who wrote this article? Doug Gottleib?

...it’s hard to imagine Syracuse – which rarely leaves New York during the nonconference season – traveling cross-country for what would amount to an SDSU “home” game.

Maybe they could jack up the already ridiculous prices to cover the lack of sponsors.

I doubt the SDSA is anymore hostile than the boat would be. If necessary, I hope we still make the trip rather than schedule somebody like LeMoyne to fill the gap.

It would be much more hostile. They definitely get up for the big games, and I hope that if worst came to worst and the Carrier Classic was canceled, they'd just move it on campus, but it's hard to tell how realistic that is until more details come out.

..and those that purchased tickets and/or flights just get hacked...tremendous!

Great, and I just bought 10 of SU's $5,000 packages.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Those can probably be converted to a parking upgrade for SU women's basketball and lacrosse games.

Who wrote this article? Doug Gottleib?

...it’s hard to imagine Syracuse – which rarely leaves New York during the nonconference season – traveling cross-country for what would amount to an SDSU “home” game.
That aircraft carrier was in waters off the coast of New York once.

Clearly a home game.

Hope they just move it to the San Diego State gym then

Their arena is a very intense atmosphere and not a small place. It would absolutely go from a novelty event to a bring your A game and hopefully get out of there with a W.

Hope they just move it to the San Diego State gym then
I have it on bad authority that another fall through plan
is to possibly play the game across the border in Mexico, where the crowd would be more neutral.

This place is being considered.

titty.jpg

The SU administrators sent to check it out for suitability have not yet reported back so the plan is on hold for now.

SDSU does not play their home games at the (former) SD Sports Arena.

I have it on bad authority that another fall through plan
is to possibly play the game across the border in Mexico, where the crowd would be more neutral.

This place is being considered.

titty.jpg

The SU administrators sent to check it out for suitability have not yet reported back so the plan is on hold for now.

Nice! Now how about a Salma Hayek pic?

http://goaztecs.cstv.com/facilities/viejas-arena.html

Looks pretty steep with the fans right on top of you. I remember seeing it on TV once and it was really raucous. Probably comparable to Pitt at their best.

As much as I would love watch us play on the Air Craft Carrier, I think it would be a much better test for our team to play at San Diego State. My first concern with the Air Craft Carrier game is that it is played outside. Not the normal conditions that players are used to playing on in College. Plus shooting becomes a lot more difficult outside, with the wind and other factors. Im also worried about a freak injury, who knows what could happen. But I also believe if the game were at San Diego State, it would do a much better job of preparing this team. It is definitely a hostile place to play, and it looks like San Diego State could be ranked inside the top 15 to start the year. I always appreciate the way Michigan State makes their schedules. They are always much better at the end of the year because Izzo tests them with hard games, some in hostile environments early in the year. It prepares his team, they know what they will be up against in the tournament.

As much as I would love watch us play on the Air Craft Carrier, I think it would be a much better test for our team to play at San Diego State. My first concern with the Air Craft Carrier game is that it is played outside.THATS WHAT MAKES IT FUN. Not the normal conditions that players are used to playing on in College. THATS WHAT MAKES IT FUN. Plus shooting becomes a lot more difficult outside, THATS WHAT MAKES IT FUN.with the wind and other factors.THATS WHAT MAKES IT FUN. Im also worried about a freak injury, who knows what could happen. But I also believe if the game were at San Diego State, it would do a much better job of preparing this team. It is definitely a hostile place to play, and it looks like San Diego State could be ranked inside the top 15 to start the year. I always appreciate the way Michigan State makes their schedules. They are always much better at the end of the year because Izzo tests them with hard games, some in hostile environments early in the year. It prepares his team, they know what they will be up against in the tournament.

His points are valid though. It comes down to novelty/fun VS a better learning experience with much more adversity to deal with.

His points are valid though. It comes down to novelty/fun VS a better learning experience with much more adversity to deal with.

Wait, why would fun ever be 2nd place?

Your making me feel like a party pooper, I love fun. But wouldn't it also be fun to go across the country into a hostile environment and shut up there crowd by destroying a top 15 team. Wouldn't it be fun to silence all the media that says we don't schedule out of New York State. Don't get me wrong, I would love to play on the Air Craft Carrier, but if it doesn't happen and we Play at San Diego State I wouldn't be disappointed. I believe it would be as much fun, and would actually provide a better learning experience for the team!

As a makeup game we should host Manhattan College at Rucker Park, now THAT would be insane. That would get TONS of media attention.

As much as I would love watch us play on the Air Craft Carrier, I think it would be a much better test for our team to play at San Diego State. My first concern with the Air Craft Carrier game is that it is played outside. Not the normal conditions that players are used to playing on in College. Plus shooting becomes a lot more difficult outside, with the wind and other factors. Im also worried about a freak injury, who knows what could happen. But I also believe if the game were at San Diego State, it would do a much better job of preparing this team. It is definitely a hostile place to play, and it looks like San Diego State could be ranked inside the top 15 to start the year. I always appreciate the way Michigan State makes their schedules. They are always much better at the end of the year because Izzo tests them with hard games, some in hostile environments early in the year. It prepares his team, they know what they will be up against in the tournament.

As I am sure JB will tell you, a game in early November isn't all that important to preparing your team for the tournament. The crap about how important these big Nov. / Dec. matchups are that the media serves up and you people buy like its on a BOGO sale is ridiculous. The Media keeps dishing the crap because they need the matchups in order to sell the game to television audiences, but going to play Louisville at the YUM Center, Pitt at Petersen, UConn in Gampel or Hartford, etc. will do more to prepare this team for March than anything that happens before Thanksgiving. The Media doesn't want you to believe that though because those matchups are guaranteed and going to be played no matter what you think.

Move the game from the Carrier to the Carrier Dome, that would at least be a nice gift to the fans, well those that didn't buy the $5,000 package.

I forgot for a second how intense the atmosphere at SD State could be. Now I'm even more on board for moving the game there.

Pfister is probably right that playing an additional game in a tough atmosphere early in November isn't going to make or break the season, but I'd rather play them on the road than at home anyway. We were already going out to San Diego anyway