Sandusky Victim #5 settles for several million dollars. | Syracusefan.com

Sandusky Victim #5 settles for several million dollars.

I wonder where the JoPa statue is these days.

Not a lawyer but that article says the victim "assigned" his case to PedSt meaning PedSt can now collect some of the money back from Second Mile and insurance companies, probably by lawsuits. I bet they bought this guy and gave him an extra million or more to do so.

They should have gotten the death penalty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a lawyer but that article says the victim "assigned" his case to PedSt meaning PedSt can now collect some of the money back from Second Mile and insurance companies, probably by lawsuits. I bet they bought this guy and gave him an extra million or more to do so.

They should have gotten the death penalty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't see how PSU could get money back from Second Mile. Both organizations were enablers. When the case against the administrators is over, how can PSU possibly claim that they owed money by Second Mile.

Nd on a related note, there have to be a lot of people associated with Second Mile who are trying very hard to keep their heads down and not get implicated in accusations of knowing what Sandusky was doing.

The school had previously authorized $60 million for its payouts. Twenty five more settlements expected. I'm sure Penn State wants to wrap these up as soon as possible and put this behind them.

http://www.timesunion.com/news/crime/article/Settlement-reached-in-Penn-State-Sandusky-scandal-4741380.php[/quote]

Where oh where is Frankie from Pedo State to tell us there is nothing to see here and we will be surprised when the NCAA sanctions are significantly reduced?

I don't see how PSU could get money back from Second Mile. Both organizations were enablers. When the case against the administrators is over, how can PSU possibly claim that they owed money by Second Mile.

Nd on a related note, there have to be a lot of people associated with Second Mile who are trying very hard to keep their heads down and not get implicated in accusations of knowing what Sandusky was doing.
PSU AD = 2nd mile. Just a subsidiary.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

I dont think Victim has to assign the claims. Penn state could sue second mile for contribution. Penn state would just need to settle out globally and get second mile's name on a release.

For people wondering why this would be done, it avoids the victim having to suffer through the long litigation process. Second mile and penn State and/ or their insurers can battle over who pays what. One last point though, a lot of liability policies exclude sex offenses like these. I'd be interested in knowing what coverage penn state has.