Sankey Sad | Syracusefan.com

Sankey Sad

TheCusian

Living Legend

The very aggrieved SEC is upset their coup plot to expand the playoff while knee capping a rival conference fell through so they may take their ball and go home

I say let them. The rest of us will dictate our own situation and be happy to let them eat each other

Does the NCAA have the balls to let them cut their own throat?

The key I guess is money and ratings coming from SEC specific fans - how much of that drives the bus and is it something they would be willing to swallow?

Some of the PAC teams might go to the SEC when their GOR expires. USC, Arizona, ASU and Utah would probably like the SEC. They could add Colorado State and Kansas to tie it together.

Some of the PAC teams might go to the SEC when their GOR expires. USC, Arizona, ASU and Utah would probably like the SEC. They could add Colorado State and Kansas to tie it together.
Ah, would love to have some more western teams in the southern conference.

This is one of the brief moments that I wonder if a school like Vanderbilt ever says "the money just isn't worth it".

On the flip side, it makes me wonder if the SEC ever thinks, "what do we gain anymore by having the smart kid school?"

Ah, would love to have some more western teams in the southern conference.
That's the future for ya. Could also add UNLV, SDST and WVU to give them 25.

Last edited:
SEC breaking away to form some sort of a premier league of college football that sits above D1 is probably what we need. Figure out a way to create a 25 school superleague and maybe the rest of the schools can be relegated or promoted up to it if they win the remainder superbowl.

I think the SEC wants what they want. To me, if it brings regulation and order i'm all for it even if Syracuse will never ever sniff a super league existence

Does the NCAA have the balls to let them cut their own throat?

The key I guess is money and ratings coming from SEC specific fans - how much of that drives the bus and is it something they would be willing to swallow?
But the NCAA gets $0.00 each and every year from D-1A (or whatever it's calling itself this week) football. Whatever incentive they may have to act in one direction or another, there is no financial incentive courtesy of the Supreme Court in 1984. They might even welcome massive chaos in the CFP as an incentive to the schools to bring it under the NCAA's umbrella so they can get some money.

This is one of the brief moments that I wonder if a school like Vanderbilt ever says "the money just isn't worth it".

On the flip side, it makes me wonder if the SEC ever thinks, "what do we gain anymore by having the smart kid school?"
I worry some ACC schools will say that too.

I like that ESPN just reports that Sankey is mad and aggrieved by the playoff expansion without a note about their involvement or a view from the other side.

The SEC will be like 'Southwest' Airlines:

1653423796074.png

Who outside the SEC footprint significantly cares if the SEC withdraws from CFB as we know it? Most other teams would cease to play them unless there was a very hefty payday. Or the major conferences could ban games v. SEC teams in all sports then the SEC if relegated to playing G5, the obligatory body bag game and each other. Technically, their football would not be D1 if they didn't play the other conferences in football.

it might be interesting to see the breakdown of TV numbers outside the SEC footprint.

Besides, how many Ole Miss, Miss. State, Kentucky, and Arkansas fans wl watch when they cannot have winning seasons?

Let them take their football and go home.