Sanu.. he is going to get his catches for sure the biggest | Syracusefan.com

Sanu.. he is going to get his catches for sure the biggest

IthacaBarrel

Shaky Potatoes
issue is the RAC, he is a handful to take down and our secondary other than Shamarko hasn't been tackling very well, SANU is pain in the ass to take down and presents a different challenge than Paige.

Doesn't help that we are decimated with injuries there too

Sanu is a major talent and from what I've heard the reason why Marrone closed practices it's because he got a cowboy to show the DB's how to lasso Sanu once he has the ball.

He will have 10 catches against us no doubt. They need to just tackle him as soon as he catches it. I really hope that he doesn't convert a few 3rd and longs because those are KILLING any momentum we start getting in any game.

He will have 10 catches against us no doubt. They need to just tackle him as soon as he catches it. I really hope that he doesn't convert a few 3rd and longs because those are KILLING any momentum we start getting in any game.
I can almost guarantee that he is going to convert a few 3rd and longs - D will just need to regroup and stay after Dodd.

- D will just need to ... stay after Dodd.

Biggest key to victory right here ^^^ Get to Dodd.

Their running game doesn't scare me at all. Thus far, Dodd's philosophy seems to be: when in doubt, throw it up near Sanu and let him get it. So, pressure him and make him check down to other WRs. If Sanu is the hot route, have someone waiting for him. If you can't tackle him, at least grab him and hold on so others can help. RU has a weak O-line, but they have a lot of talent at the skill positions. Get to Dodd early and often and hit him hard, even if it means taking a 15-yarder or two.

Get to Dodd early and often and hit him hard.
That is SU's problem, they haven't been able to get to any QB including RI. QB's have all day to throw into porous zone coverage. That allows good receivers to destroy us. I would have Cam Lynch on Dodd all game.

Biggest key to victory right here ^^^ Get to Dodd.

Their running game doesn't scare me at all. Thus far, Dodd's philosophy seems to be: when in doubt, throw it up near Sanu and let him get it. So, pressure him and make him check down to other WRs. If Sanu is the hot route, have someone waiting for him. If you can't tackle him, at least grab him and hold on so others can help. RU has a weak O-line, but they have a lot of talent at the skill positions. Get to Dodd early and often and hit him hard, even if it means taking a 15-yarder or two.

Need to mix it up, can't just blitz as freely as we did in 2009. Cignetti will be ready for that, even with a bad OL they'll find ways to pick it up.

Need to mix in blitzes with sometimes dropping 8 in coverage (as the Bills did with Brady). Dodd isn't very good, it will lead to INTs. He's not going to take off a run, or if he does he wouldn't get that far.

I'm more worried about Harrison having his breakout game. The guy caught 44 passes last year, with a 19 yard average and 9 TDs. This year he has 3 catches. After Sanu's 36 receptions, the next highest is Martinek with 5.

That is SU's problem, they haven't been able to get to any QB including Maine. QB's have all day to throw into porous zone coverage. That allows good receivers to destroy us. I would have Cam Lynch on Dodd all game.
we didn't play Maine this year

issue is the RAC, he is a handful to take down and our secondary other than Shamarko hasn't been tackling very well, SANU is pain in the ass to take down and presents a different challenge than Paige.

Doesn't help that we are decimated with injuries there too

I think we should put Scott on Sanu just because Scott's tackling ability shouldn't be hindered by injuries. If Keon plays I'm not sure how he's going to tackle. He definitely re-injured his shoulder against Toledo - when he made that great tackle blowing up the screen.

I almost think you throw in Reddish and Desir and live with it. I think i'd rather have healthy dbs who can tackle better. Protect them with safeties and hope the line and linebackers can play the run.

We might see a whole lot of bend but don't break on saturday.

I think we should put Scott on Sanu just because Scott's tackling ability shouldn't be hindered by injuries. If Keon plays I'm not sure how he's going to tackle. He definitely re-injured his shoulder against Toledo - when he made that great tackle blowing up the screen.

I almost think you throw in Reddish and Desir and live with it. I think i'd rather have healthy dbs who can tackle better. Protect them with safeties and hope the line and linebackers can play the run.

You will see Desir and Reddish ready or not for sure. I like both kids, but we have see what happens when true forsh get a little to confident

It really won't be hard to limit Sanu. Dodd cannot throw the ball to the sideline. Doesn't have the arm for it. Same can be said for passes down the field. 90% of his throws are between the hashes 7-15 yards down field. Put Scott on Sanu man to man and drop an LB in the passing lane. Also use one DT to not pass rush but get his hands up and try to tip the pass. Since Dodd is 5'6 this would be a major issue for them. On top of that they have no OL so we should be able to get to him with 2 DEs, 1 DT, and 1 LB on pass plays.

There is a reason why RU with Sanu, Harrison, and Jamison (who are all talented) cannot score points unless their D sets them up with good field position. Heck the RU D and STs have almost scored as many points as the O through 3 games.

However if we continue to play a soft zone Sanu will kill us. I totally expect that to happen based on our D philosophy this year, which makes zero sense IMO.

Is Desir cleared to play?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom