Class of 2015 - Saquon Barkley | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Saquon Barkley

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Penn State and Boston College held their annual junior day events this past weekend, and invited many of the top football prospects from New Jersey. According to PennLive.com, Penn State hosted several four-star prospects Saturday, including Sayreville's Myles Hartsfield and St. Peter's Prep's Brandon Wimbush.
Don Bosco Prep's Daivon Ellison, South Brunswick's Dontae Strickland and St. Peter's Prep's Jordan Fox were also in attendance.
Rutgers commit Saquon Barkley – a Pennsylvania native – also attended the event, much to the chagrin of the Rutgers fan base. The 5-11, 200-pound Whitehall (Pa.) running back is rumored to have flipped his commitment to his in-state school during the unofficial visit, but it is not yet confirmed.
Barkley revealed to NJ.com last December that while committed to the Scarlet Knights, he would still explore other options.
"I'm currently committed to Rutgers, but I'm gonna keep my options open and look around and see if Rutgers is the best place for me," Barkley said on Dec. 27. "And if another school comes along -- say like a Penn State, Pitt, North Carolina. Say when I visit them, I feel better at that place and it fits me better as a running back for my four-to-five years of college, then that will be the college I pick to play for."
Although Barkley admits to having a strong affinity for Penn State, when asked about the possibility of flipping to the school last December, he said Rutgers didn't really have "anything to worry about."
"There was an article about me and my interest in Penn State, and I guess Rutgers saw it and I think they got worried. They've been talking to me a lot lately. But I don't think there is really anything to worry about," said Barkley. "But I've been talking to them and communicating with coach (Darrell) Wilson and coach (Tariq) Ahmad."
So, it remains to be seen where Barkley will land with a year remaining until National Signing Day 2015.
A few prospects double dipped over the weekend, attending both Penn State and Boston College's junior days. Englewood's Wesley McCoy and Wallington's Adam and Ryan Adzima joined Ellison, Wimbush and Fox at Boston College, the day following their unofficial visits to Penn State.
Ellison – a three star recruit with offers from Rutgers and Boston College – provided feedback from both events.
Penn State: It was exciting. It was a very productive day. The coaches kept it real with me and made me feel I like I was family already. And I just felt comfortable there.
Boston College: It was real good because obviously they offered me. So they had me talking to head coach (Steve) Addazio, and he kept it real with me, also. All these other schools are worried about my size. But they just like the way I play, and my size doesn't really affect them. And it was a real nice campus, too.
Ellison will also attend Rutgers' unofficial visitors' weekend in March. The Scarlet Knights were first to offer Ellison and remain in the mix as he communicates regularly with assistants Anthony Campanile and Darrell Wilson.

i have little doubt Barkley will end up at Penn St

also, i'm still amazed the amount of talent BC was able to get to attend their JR Day.

also, i'm still amazed the amount of talent BC was able to get to attend their JR Day.

Addazio has always been a solid recruiter. No surprise. Our staff better be having a junior. I'm almost tempted to start flooding their inbox.

Addazio has always been a solid recruiter. No surprise. Our staff better be having a junior. I'm almost tempted to start flooding their inbox.

Seriously I'll do it too. Let's make them have it

and it's official. Barkley flips to Penn St.

Onto the next one