Saturday 6 PM DVR Alert | Syracusefan.com

Saturday 6 PM DVR Alert

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan

AstroTurfNFLPACollegiateBowlAd.jpg

Antwon Bailey has been declared the 2nd best running back during the week long practices leading up to this afternoons first annual Astroturf NFLPA Collegiate Bowl to be played at Home Depot Stadium in Carson City California just south of Los Angeles.

The stadium was built for soccor and holds 27,000. If you are in the area tickets are available and they range in price from $15-35. The game is being sponsored by the NFL players association and more than 100 prospects have been invited to play. The NFLPA game will air on Saturday at 6 p.m. EST on NBC Sports Network ( Versus according to my paper)

Dick Vermeil and Tom Flores will handle the coaching duties. The NFLPA game is unique, because not one NFL team or staff member has seen any of the practices so far. The NFLPA determined that it would invite juniors to the game, which goes against NFL rules. In response, the NFL barred teams from attending. Now, the NFLPA has said that it is taping all the practices and will send out the film. But for most, the game on Saturday will be their first look.

Observers at practice were impressed by Bailey's pass catching abilities as well as his blocking technique. He is very solidly built and strong. They liked his field vision, patience and felt he had solid burst but wasn't a burner, a 15 carry per game type of player.

Free safety Phillip Thomas is also on the roster but I haven't seen any reports on him yet.

Bailey will be wearing #26 for the Black team.

PT will be wearing the #33 for the white team.