Saturday Articles | Syracusefan.com

Saturday Articles

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
8152577-standard.jpg

Rutgers vs Syracuse: Who has the edge?

SU-Rutgers: Into the unknown

Scouting Rutgers-Syracuse

Rutgers visit, injuries give Syracuse University lots to worry in ...

Poliquin: The Syracuse football team is about to leave its cone of ...

Live SU football updates and fan Q&A: Rutgers at Syracuse

SU redshirt-senior Kevyn Scott a candidate for national scholar

10097091-large.jpg

Syracuse offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett: Rutgers is 'on fire defensively' right now

SU to be Featured on ESPN All-Access

Syracuse-RU games may be coming to an end

ESPNU to feature Syracuse University football program Wednesday

Syracuse and Rutgers to clash

State of Rutgers Football: Syracuse up next

Rutgers Football preview: vs. Syracuse

9046483-standard.jpg

Orange must stop Knights' Sanu

Rutgers squares off with Syracuse in Big East opener

Rutgers' offensive line plans to get crafty against Syracuse when Carrier Dome gets noisy

Dodd striving for better accuracy

Rutgers: Scouting Syracuse

Rutgers squares off with Syracuse in Big East opener

John Rowe's 10 burning questions in college football

Video

Rutgers at Syracuse

Audio

Audio: Dave Rahme talks Syracuse vs. Rutgers football with Gomez & Dave

Future Orangemen

8018887-large.jpg

Harold Brantley, Hershey High School's 280-pound running back/defensive tackle, had just taken the second-half opening kickoff 82 yards for a touchdown, putting the Trojans up 20-0 Friday night at Hersheypark Stadium.

Brantley ran the ball in for a 5-yard touchdown toward the end of the first quarter, but the ‘Cats kept the Trojans' potent rushing attack largely in check.

Brantley's big plays made the difference for Hershey. The burly back finished with three touchdowns. The Wildcats couldn't contain his combination of power and speed.

The loss to Hershey (5-0) drops the Wildcats to 2-3 with a home date against Red Land next on the schedule.
CL

BRANTLEY FLASHES WHEELS

http://vmedia./IMAGES/PROSPECT/PHOTO/BEN-LEWIS1_200HOTDOG.JPG

Ben Lewis got into the act with an 11-yard touchdown catch in the second quarter, and finished with 63 yards receiving.
GN

http://media.At their request, this network is being blocked from this site./media/image/83/839956.jpg

James Washington leads the Wildcats defensive effort

Former Players

They weren't going to sign another free-agent SS, or draft one high, with the promise of "Bob will get hurt and then it's your time to shine!" A.J. Smith was basically crossing his fingers, hoping that Sanders worked out for cheap, content with Steve Gregory playing there again if he has to.

Was Gregory anybody's first option there, though? Of course not. I personally love Steve and think that he's the glue that binds this Chargers defense, not to mention one of the better playmakers in terms of creating turnovers that San Diego has.

However, in an ideal world the Chargers would've been able to predict Sanders injury and could've instead signed a long-term solution at SS. Someone like Dawan Landry or Danieal Manning. That's why they call it a risk, though.
BOTB

Otterbein senior WR Trey Fairchild leads the OAC in receptions (23), receiving yards (415), and all-purpose yards (750).
CPD

Injury report: Bryant, Romo, Fiammetta questionable
OOC Opponents

USC secondary in need of a turnaround

BC must be alert for Wake

Around The Big East

Couch2.jpg

From the Cheap Seats: How Bad is WVU's Image?

UConn football: Huskies seek sense of direction

Around The Nation

Mountain West Commissioner: ‘I don’t know if I’d sign off to the Big East right now

Weekend Watch List: Weis, Saban in a battle of wits

Games to Watch on Saturday

Premium

Syracuse, NY — Big East play gets underway for Rutgers tomorrow at the Carrier Dome. ... But Syracuse may have to triple team him to slow down the best ...
Kickoff Primer: What to Watch

SYRACUSE, NY -- Rutgers opens the Big East season tomorrow afternoon against Syracuse. The Orange bested the Scarlet Knights the last two ...
Preview: Rutgers at Syracuse

... Larrow said he is not happy with the way he played so far, and is looking to make a big splash in Saturday's Big East opener at Syracuse (noon). ...
SR.com TV: 1-on-1 with DE Michael Larrow

High School

TAKE TWO: Coach deserves credit for spooky tactic

Blog

Syracuse Football, Dexter & My Expectations For Both

Syracuse Football: Why Does the Football Program Struggle Regularly?

What Brantley is doing with the football in his hands pretty much makes me believe that the second he gets here, his physical skills will put him into an elite club of the most versatile athletes to have ever played for us. Guys like Kevin Mitchell, Diamond Ferri, and Art Monk jump to mind, and of course all the throwbacks like Ernie Davis that played both ways.

The kid could become a Warren Sapp-type DT, a Reggie White-type DE, a Levon Kirkland-type MLB (how cool does that sound), as well as being used as a FB/TE in special packages. I hope the coaches are drooling and are already thinking creatively.

How the heck does a 280 lb high school athlete return a kick off for a touchdown ... that is just unreal ...

What Brantley is doing with the football in his hands pretty much makes me believe that the second he gets here, his physical skills will put him into an elite club of the most versatile athletes to have ever played for us. Guys like Kevin Mitchell, Diamond Ferri, and Art Monk jump to mind, and of course all the throwbacks like Ernie Davis that played both ways.

The kid could become a Warren Sapp-type DT, a Reggie White-type DE, a Levon Kirkland-type MLB (how cool does that sound), as well as being used as a FB/TE in special packages. I hope the coaches are drooling and are already thinking creatively.
Plus he had a 42 yard touchdown run the week before. Attago 2* (l0l!) guy!

Listening to Rahme's radio interview. Sounds like Ameen-Moore's weight has indeed been a problem and has been keeping him off the field, not playbook issues. And since he hasn't been in the rotation, he's begun eating again, but apparently is back under 240. I think Jerome Smith is the guy who is going to be the big back that we see today.

Almost sounds like unheard of skills for a player that big. Can you say waaaay underrated! Lets keep it that way.

Almost sounds like unheard of skills for a player that big. Can you say waaaay underrated! Lets keep it that way.

He has a Penn State offer, and offers from all our recruiting rivals as well. Underrated may not be the case, but none the less, let's keep him orange.

..... and I forgot to mention, not only do we get Brantley as a future "all-time Orange versatile athlete," but Mr. Broyld certainly fits that bill, as well. Damn, Perkins would have made three. Oh well, just gotta go find another freak!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom