Saturday Articles

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
alg-wayne-williams-lincoln-jpg.jpg

Wayne Williams is finally Orange!!

Bet he had the same reaction on the news he was cleared to play at SU

Football Adds Four to the Program

Local college football: SU adds 4 players, sets spring slate

Two key Syracuse football dates announced: Spring practice to start March 18, game set for April 19

SU Arena: 'It's not never,' Joanie Mahoney says. It's just not now.

Recruiting

Juwan.jpg

Video: Syracuse football cornerback recruit Juwan Dowels arrives for official visit

Former FSU CB Talks about Juwan

Former Player

Giants interviewing Eastern Illinios QB at Shrine game

ACC

Jamison Crowder named 2013 Duke football MVP

Nation

Majority wants power-conference autonomy

'Smart' hire
Vanderbilt hires Mason from Stanford

3-point stance: Early NFL draft entries

Blogs

Screen_Shot_2014-01-17_at_5.14.11_PM.png

Click to enlarge

Here's A Map Of Where Syracuse Football Players Come From

Syracuse Football: Wayne Williams, A.J. Long Among Four Newbies ...

University

1947 UFO Wave – Did Syracuse University See Them First?

CNY

Shots of Dome & Quadin official Emma Robert's "Adult World" trailer

IHOP @ Destiny will be open 24/7

News about any Syracuse-area projects to come in Gov. Cuomo's ...

Last edited:
Have a feeling Wayne Williams is going to be a quote machine when football starts.

He has a personality as big as he is.

Many have said he'll have some big shoes to fill trying to replace Jason Bromley.

Well, at least Wayne's feet will be large enough for the task, hopefully the rest of him are too.

Jason was a solid gold find, hard to believe it's already been four years.

Williams has always loved Syracuse.

I predict the team will feed off of his enthusiasm and passion.

Welcome to Syracuse young man, it was a long time coming and we're all pulling for you.:D

Last edited:
This quote's from the Juwan Dowels article is exactly why it's worth mining the state of Florida for talent. A pro baseball player from the state told me that their is so much undiscovered talent throughout the state that gets overlooked it isn't funny. He used himself as an example, he said there were 9 better players than himself in the surrounding area who never got a break like he did. He just happened to be in the right place at the right time. He went on, Syracuse University could become a top twenty team with the overlooked talent from my state.

Here is the quotes:

"In the tri-county area, Dade is considered the county with the most talent but Broward county has plenty! And I’ve always said that if your head is above the crowd in a place like Miami, you’re probably an elite athlete on a level that folks outside of that area don’t necessarily appreciate. Well Juwan certainly stood out because this past season he was rated defensive player of the year in Broward county. Some of you may be wondering why Juwan isn’t more well known. Juwan was a transfer to American Heritage this year. The school he attended before that doesn’t do a good job of getting kids film out or networking with coaches. Unfortunately that is the fate of a lot of great athletes and in a world where publicity can be more important than talent…a lot of kids get looked over for that reason.

Read the whole article if you haven't already. If Syracuse lands Dowels, it will be another step in the evolution of our recruiting.

if anyone cares we have had that map information for the SU players going back to the 1880s in the database. I havent made changes since the new google API stuff but it wouldnt take much to enhance it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom