Say what you will, but two weeks in a row | Syracusefan.com

Say what you will, but two weeks in a row

dasher

Living Legend
we were behind very late in the game and came back and won. That says something. And while GS
did a few dumb things tonight, he also did some good things. Like the run that set up the winning
FG. Of course his sack before that is what made the run necessary but lets not nit pick.

It was a great game winning drive for a while, and then our best guys absolutely lost their minds.

Thankfully it didn’t matter, but man was that tough.

Thankfully Virginia’s passing game against our secondary was an enormous mismatch all night, and they didn’t have enough time left to run the ball.

It was a great game winning drive for a while, and then our best guys absolutely lost their minds.

Thankfully it didn’t matter, but man was that tough.

Thankfully Virginia’s passing game against our secondary was an enormous mismatch all night, and they didn’t have enough time left to run the ball.
They kept trying to pass when it wasn't working.

We kept trying to run when it wasn't working

Win is a win. Nobody cares we lost 3 games by 9 points including a game tying FG vs Clemson. With the talent this team has on both sides of the ball they were picked last in the division. Nobody will remember how ugly this was when the year ends.

Insane game but glad the guys pulled it off… We need to continue to find ways to build efficient 1-2 reads off play action and if they aren’t there, having favorable situations for GS to take off. He is never going to make it past two reads efficiently.

ivirginia did a good job bottling up our offense but i cant for the life of me know why we take gasden off the field as he is only consistent receiver getting free
Someone said dinged up a bit.

ivirginia did a good job bottling up our offense but i cant for the life of me know why we take gasden off the field as he is only consistent receiver getting free
He took himself out of game after one of his sideline catches. Looked like injury to his side, however he was back in later so not 100% sure if his lack of late game presence was due to injury or not

Win is a win. Nobody cares we lost 3 games by 9 points including a game tying FG vs Clemson. With the talent this team has on both sides of the ball they were picked last in the division. Nobody will remember how ugly this was when the year ends.

Good point

Winning close comeback games on national tv is great for the program, even if it plays havoc with our nerves.
National TV is great for the program, but wonder how many were still watching when SU pulled it out.
Ugly -if it wasn't an SU game I'd have turned it off.

he got hurt twice.. might have been an issue

Officiating needs a long look in the mirror this off-season.

Targeting is leading with the crown of your helmet. Why officials only call it if it’s helmet to helmet I’ll never understand. The rule is to protect BOTH players involved. The Peña fumble is 100% targeting and the officials blew that.

We’re 4-0 and that’s all that matters but jeez that game seems a lot easier being 16-7 with the offense coming out versus the defense having to get right back out there on a short field

we were behind very late in the game and came back and won. That says something. And while GS
did a few dumb things tonight, he also did some good things. Like the run that set up the winning
FG. Of course his sack before that is what made the run necessary but lets not nit pick.
This^^^
Year after year we’d get agita about blown games and close losses. So many woulda coulda shouldas mixed in.
Now, we have enough to pull out the close ones, Tucker still hasn’t gotten on track, 3rd stringers are saving the day, and our special teams are worlds better than in recent years past. Once again we’re seeing that “ Symtz happens” for this program!
I’m sorry, i really don’t have much to biotche about. It’s been so long since I can proudly sport SU gear in the fall. I’m loving EVERY minute of this, & couldn’t care less if we win games 3-0 from here on out.
Just. Win. Baby!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom