SBU board thoughts | Syracusefan.com

SBU board thoughts

Lol at some of these takes. The most corrupt program in the country ... A couple mentions on the low blow by AN.

Syracuse Thread | The Bonnies Bandwagon II

I thought they had more realistic takes than I often hear on here. Seemed to respect us a lot, cited some scores, and generally knew their stuff. I have no beef with them at all(EDIT: this was at the time of my post, albeit still after the time of yours. Im not sure how it may have changed after they actually won, but those early ones[and myself, yet again] seem even more justified now). I just hope we can win(and cover, if I get foolish and bet). When was the last time the line for this the Bonnies was this close?!?

Last edited:
A lot of good takes on that board, and a lot of delusional takes.

We are far superior rebounding the ball and they are superior shooting it.

If tyus and frank are active at the top of the zone and KEEP THEIR ARMS UP, i think we win this a bit easier than UB.

I hope they focus on Brisset as they’re suggesting. He’ll score and rebound regardless, rack up fouls against him and knock down ft’s. Let Tyus or Frank drop 20. Maybe both.

These idiots are whining that we shot more FT’s than UB? Lol, yeah great analysis there. Try watching the game.

And then they do the same thing about our matchup with them a couple years ago. The bigger, more athletic, major played a style of ball that netted them a lot more FT’s than the smaller, less athletic mid major that jacked 32 three pointers. Go figure.

I read several of their posts and for the most part they are knowledgeable and fair minded. The refereeing seems to be foremost in their minds. Should be a great game and a good test for both teams.

Shutting down the perimeter aNd Chukwu conserving his fouls will be absolutely key.

Would like to see some tough challenges at the basket by Moyer and Marek to make the bonnies think twice about busting the zone 15 ft and in. Help lessen the foul load for Paschal.

They started a game thread TWENTY DAYS BEFORE THE GAME?!? Can you say Super Bowl?

Interesting read. I had no idea St. Bonaventure hated us so much.

Also interesting that many are going full NC State, saying it's the refs fault for them losing days before the game even starts. Baking in the excuses early.

They started a game thread TWENTY DAYS BEFORE THE GAME?!? Can you say Super Bowl?

Also interesting that many are going full NC State, saying it's the refs fault for them losing days before the game even starts. Baking in the excuses early.
back when I was in school, they were our arch rival. Lincoln was president

back when I was in school, they were our arch rival. Lincoln was president
images

I know St. Bonnies grads. They were talking about this game nonstop way back in the summer! They thought we were going to suck and this would be their one time to beat us. They will be so crushed if we handle them yet again.

When you are 3-24 against a former rival that has left you in the dust, I get where the hate comes from.

I'm just surprised they worked up the energy for us. After all, they do have Fordham coming up. ;)

It's little man syndrome. UB was the same way.

They got cheated out of 2 games in their own conference last year.

I can't tell you how surprising it was to find that they have a board.

When I started the thread I was trying to be nice and not go there... But yeah I was rather shocked myself.

They're the best non-Kansas teams we'll have faced. If any of the big 3 struggle, we could be in real trouble.

They're the best non-Kansas teams we'll have faced. If any of the big 3 struggle, we could be in real trouble.

Talent wise, this may be true , not necessarily as a team. They are far less balanced than UB and UB made us pay for that balance. The guy I worry about is Ayeni ( granted we key in on Mobley and Adams). Ayeni has good size and strength as somewhat of a poor man's Perkins.

Another fair comparison would be Oakland. Oakland came in riding two red hot combo guards who had put up some huge individual numbers. Force the Bonnies to put the ball in others hands and attack their big 2 off the bounce. If we let Adams and Mobley run wild, then yes major issues.

We are banged up and playing 3 games in 6 days.. the challenge may be more to do with that than the team we are facing.

They're a good team, with one of the better backcourts we'll face this year, will be a tough/tight game - but Maryland and @ gtown were tougher games than this

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom