SBU board thoughts | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SBU board thoughts

They're the best non-Kansas teams we'll have faced. If any of the big 3 struggle, we could be in real trouble.
I’ll be honest, i think UB’s the better team. Not nearly as impressed by the bon bons

they won @ Buff by 11
Thats fine, ub added a quality guard and will likely win the MAC for another tournament bid while the bonnies wallow with the huskies in mediocrity

We’ve lost games to inferior teams in the past as well.

Someone on the bonnie board called us the "evil empire". I hope Chukwu has 10 blocks!!!

I’ll be honest, i think UB’s the better team. Not nearly as impressed by the bon bons
??? The Bonnies went in to Buffalo and beat them by 11

??? The Bonnies went in to Buffalo and beat them by 11

I think the added guard from Mizzou made a large impact and every team has pre conference slip ups.

I’ll wait to watch the bonnies myself before judging an instate pre conference game between two decent teams?

Sju beat us by god knows how much last year at the dome and somebody was a little closer to the tournament than sju by february.

They must have forgot when they were nailed by the NCAA for having their bssketball players in a degree program for welding. Didn't their college president have to resign because it was his doing to try and make SBU a basketball power. It wasn't that long ago when that happened, maybe early part of 2000s.

Did you see what JB said about Maryland and the Bonnies on SWC's review of the JB radio show?
yep.
JB has long gone out of his way to heap substantial praise upon the next opponent.
Maryland > SB
SB > Buff

I used to work with guys from Olean. Bonnie’s fan definitely look at this as if it’s a “rivalry game”.

If you want to piss them off, act shocked when they tell you that.

I don’t get to go to the dome often anymore but man they have the most classless degenerate fans I have ever seen. I was sitting in 124 section and multiple ppl had to move because they were obnoxious. They were harassing some of the older cuse fans. Not just one group but at least 3 groups.

I don’t get to go to the dome often anymore but man they have the most classless degenerate fans I have ever seen. I was sitting in 124 section and multiple ppl had to move because they were obnoxious. They were harassing some of the older cuse fans. Not just one group but at least 3 groups.

Just some clean, classy catholic school fun right?

SMH.

They are friggin weird.

I used to work with guys from Olean. Bonnie’s fan definitely look at this as if it’s a “rivalry game”.

I wouldn’t have to act...I legitimately would be shocked if anyone under the age of 50 thought that way.

Niagara, Canisius and UB would be ticked to hear that.

Just as their fans see it differently, seemed to be same for the players.

Their Super Bowl. Our last game before Christmas getaway.

Certainly felt that difference in intensity before the press shook things up a little in second half.

Just as their fans see it differently, seemed to be same for the players.

Their Super Bowl. Our last game before Christmas getaway.

Certainly felt that difference in intensity before the press shook things up a little in second half.
yup

Normally don't like reading an opposing team's boards before a game, it just pisses me off.
But its always good to go back afterward and see them rationalize how/why they lost. LGO

I guess you'll have to settle for seeing it here insrtead, albeit supposedly from much better posters than the mid major posters on other boards. Hey, it's also less work than having to go to other boards to see it, am I right? The rationization here looks to have prevented the meltdown I was expecting, but I think that additionally, many folks knew it was quite likely and were prepared.

What about Colgate? Two posters mocked me by saying they had a lead on a team that beat Duke, so that I shouldnt be concerned about the game being single digits against a bunch of midgets with under 5 minutes remaining.

Haven't made it to the dome in a few years. This was the worst experience, football or basketball, by far. Went with my father and of course we end up surrounded by Bonnies. Before the game even starts one of them kicks over our beers, doesn't apologize or offer to buy replacements. Scumbag in front of us keep screaming that Boeheim is a b***h. Another fan turns around and does the three fingers over his eye and screams like a banshee in my face after every shot. We moved at halftime but god, what a miserable time. I guess they made it out of their heroin infested rural slums for a fun weeknight but I will be rooting against them for the rest of the year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom