SCA-GGG | Syracusefan.com

SCA-GGG

SWC75

Bored Historian
I like both triple G and Canelo Alvarez and they put on another great fight, arguably greater than the first. Canelo was more aggressive, not just counter-punching. he also went to the body more and GGG seemed to be fading in mid-fight but as in the first fight, the older man, (by 8 years) came on strong in the second half of the fight. I thought Golovkin won both fights but they declared the first one a draw and one judge had this one a draw, too. the other two had it 115-113 for Canelo. All the roudns were so hotly competitive that it's hard to argue with any result. There will surely be a third fight. it's like the old days when two well-matched fighters put on a good show, they'd fight multiple times.

My card:
GAG EAA AGG GGG = 116-113 in favor of Golovkin.

I had GGG in the first and the second, but can't blame anyone that has Canelo in the 2nd, it was that much closer. I did think GGG edged out the last 5 round. I thought GGG should have stopped his crap earlier and started getting more aggressive a little too late.

I kept reading how this was a robbery for Alvarez. People saying robbery need to look up what that really means. A razor thin fight cannot be a robbery win for either fighter

I kept reading how this was a robbery for Alvarez. People saying robbery need to look up what that really means. A razor thin fight cannot be a robbery win for either fighter

Both fighters had their moments in every round and whatever edge you might have given to one over the other was small, so it's hard to argue any of the rounds. The judges were consistent in the final totals, 114-114, 115-113 and 115-113 but I think their cards were probably very different if you look at each round.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom