Scathing Commentary on BE and Marinatto...but what really is inside | Syracusefan.com

Scathing Commentary on BE and Marinatto...but what really is inside

arbitragegls

All Conference
discussion is this comment that should send shivers up 'Cuse's back. What happens if San Diego State and Boise State don't enter the conference after all...what happens if Louisville bolts for the Big 12 like WVU...something tells me 27 months it is for 'Cuse and Pitt...damn shame if it happens...or maybe the BE just falls apart...only team that probably wants to keep it together is Notre Dame for all sports but Football...afterall, ND with Rutgers and GT shot down the renewal with ESPN that would have saved the conference most likely. May be 'Cuse gets lucky...what do you think?

"Consequently, the Big East is left with this mishmashed mess, an Ellis Island of football expats, their basketball carry-ons, and signs it could get worse before it gets better. There are rumors that San Diego State and Boise State want to make like Texas State and UT-San Antonio and bag their new league before even playing a game in it; and that Connecticut still has eyes for the ACC and Louisville for the Big 12."

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/s...tenure-big-east-commissioner-was-doomed-start

"Consequently, the Big East is left with this mishmashed mess, an Ellis Island of football expats, their basketball carry-ons, and signs it could get worse before it gets better. There are rumors that San Diego State and Boise State want to make like Texas State and UT-San Antonio and bag their new league before even playing a game in it; and that Connecticut still has eyes for the ACC and Louisville for the Big 12."

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/s...tenure-big-east-commissioner-was-doomed-start
Connecticut may have eyes for the ACC, but the feeling ain't mutual.

A lot of folks on this board wanted him gone - now he's gone.

Perhaps it's an indication that the conference wants to think more nationally and with a football guy in charge.

I guess the identity of the new Commissioner will tell us a lot.

Perhaps it's an indication that the conference wants to think more nationally and with a football guy in charge.

Would anyone truly be surprised if Pernetti gets the gig?

all this......is GREAT for SYRACUSE.

STOP it you crybaby nervous nellys.

July 1, 2013...ACC.

10 years too late...:(

unless you are one of 'those' posters....

:rolling:

(n)

:confused:

:crazy:

Oh Lord

If the reports that this was driven by the hoops schools are true, I'm not sure I see that. But I guess we'll see.

It's been stated in more than one article that Marinatto was ousted by the bball only schools. Why would they agree with a football-centric commissioner if they pushed out a guy who was supposedly basketball-minded?

And the article is decent enough until Allen mentions the league needs Hillary Clinton. What???

Would anyone truly be surprised if Pernetti gets the gig?

No.

And if he does get the job it will prove I think that FB is now in charge of the Conference.

If Pernetti takes the job its an indication on his behalf RU is going nowhere. When he would have a fiduciary duty to all of his member schools if he were to leave RU he wouldn't do so if they were going to a better conference.

I have eyes for Natalie Portman too.

I have eyes for Betty White. Probably not happening there either. :rolleyes: