Schedule Alert: Ohio in 2021 / 2024 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Schedule Alert: Ohio in 2021 / 2024

I do.

Is there a deal that hasn't been announced yet? Would seem odd to sign a new deal with them after playing a home and home in 2018 and 2019

Think they’re looking for an FCS school for 9/5. Depending on the Dome reno if that has to be on the road we’re looking at starting with 3 road games. @tbd, @rutgers, @wmu.

Would an FCS team even play us at home? I assume the only reason those games make sense for them is the payout. Would SU pay to play at some FCS site? (I'd think Syracuse would be sell out any of the NYS FCS teams)

Toledo, Ohio, WMU are the cream of the league. Athens is a gorgeous town and should be on everyone's short list to visit.
I'm sure it is, 2 for 1 IMO.

Would an FCS team even play us at home? I assume the only reason those games make sense for them is the payout. Would SU pay to play at some FCS site? (I'd think Syracuse would be sell out any of the NYS FCS teams)

There is a negative 44% chance that SU will play at an FCS school.

Seems backwards. If we’re trying to get seasons with 7 home games you’d want fewer 1-1’s and more 1-0’s and 2-1’s.
Yup, but not if you wait so long. Book them 6-10 years out instead of 1-3.
When you wait so long the options are limited. Perhaps Ohio was the only program that was willing/able to travel to The Hill on that date.

I do.

WMU does appear to have 2 openings for 2020 and both of their current OOC games are on the road. However, their already scheduled to play Cincy and ND, are they going to add another Power 5/6 team to the schedule? (yes I know Cincy isn't a Power 5 team technically.

When you wait so long the options are limited. Perhaps Ohio was the only program that was willing/able to travel to The Hill on that date.

I think this is 100% correct. Unless your an instate powerhouse like Ohio State, Syracuse isn't going to be able to swoop in at the last minute and get 2 for 1's. If we want a 2 for 1 we should work out something with Buffalo or a smililar team now for 2024 2025 etc.

Is there a deal that hasn't been announced yet? Would seem odd to sign a new deal with them after playing a home and home in 2018 and 2019

I posted about it in the other schedule thread about a week ago. And yes it hasn’t been announced. Just something I “heard” and believe. They will return here in ‘22 or ‘23.

This is too easy of a non-conference schedule for us. We should be able to bench press more than just the bar in Tommy's senior year and Year 6 of Dino. I expect to be consistently good by then, not in rebuild mode anymore.

Sept. 4 at Ohio
Sept. 11 vs. Rutgers
Sept. 25 vs. Liberty
TBD vs. Albany

Looks like other P5s don't have any problems playing Ohio U.

Being slow is a big issue.

I posted about it in the other schedule thread about a week ago. And yes it hasn’t been announced. Just something I “heard” and believe. They will return here in ‘22 or ‘23.

It makes sense I guess as both schools have openings but Seems odd for SU to play a team like WMU three years in a row with 2 of said games at WMU. It also would mean SU wouldn't get a 7th home game yet again in 2020. Hard Pass.

However, SU and Iowa State are the only P5 programs slated to play at Ohio.

Hmm. I don’t see Pitt, BC, PSU, Rutgers, Kentucky, Northwestern and Illinois giving them return dates unless they already did in a previous season.

It makes sense I guess as both schools have openings but Seems odd for SU to play a team like WMU three years in a row with 2 of said games at WMU. It also would mean SU wouldn't get a 7th home game yet again in 2020. Hard Pass.

I would think 2020 would be the most difficult season to get 7 home games because of the reno. And WMU will be returning in ‘22 or ‘23.

Obviously I have nothing against playing Ohio specifically — I’m talking about the entirety of the schedule.

Yup they would work... pretty easy trip. I'd rather play Akron or Kent State though for a shorter commute

This is too easy of a non-conference schedule for us. We should be able to bench press more than just the bar in Tommy's senior year and Year 6 of Dino. I expect to be consistently good by then, not in rebuild mode anymore.

Sept. 4 at Ohio
Sept. 11 vs. Rutgers
Sept. 25 vs. Liberty
TBD vs. Albany

Tommy will be gone by then, top 10 pick after the 2020 season!

They should schedule some of the lower FBS schools from Georgia and Texas for H/H.or 2/1 Georgia St, UTSA, Texas St...etc.

I find it funny people expect 2 for 1’s after one good season. For the last six years we have been mediocre at best. Do we have the talent to be good now? I say yes but most of these “2 for 1’s” that we see are made years in advance and we will get them once we prove we belong. As it stands I’m fine with a 1:1 for now to fill our schedule.

I find it funny people expect 2 for 1’s after one good season. For the last six years we have been mediocre at best. Do we have the talent to be good now? I say yes but most of these “2 for 1’s” that we see are made years in advance and we will get them once we prove we belong. As it stands I’m fine with a 1:1 for now to fill our schedule.

I agree 100%. MAC schools are less likely to do one-off “buy” games and 2 for 1s anymore.

The state of Ohio in general makes my skin crawl but I have heard good things about Athens. Could be a fun road trip. Regret not going to WMU.

Its kind of hard to predict the ACC in terms of SOS after this year. Now that we are good I'm almost happy we aren't in the garbage kowstal. The bottom of the league has actually been pretty good not sure if that will continue. Not sure when FSU bounces back they might have swung and missed on Taggert. Not sure if Louisville bounces back.

We’re not talking about schedules done years in advance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom