Schedule Comparison Analysis | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Schedule Comparison Analysis

If dungey stays healthy we’ll have the more experienced & talented QB in almost every game we play.

I really wouldn’t be shocked at an 8+ win season this year. Again this all depends on dungey staying on the field.

He hasn't stayed healthy yet, so I don't expect it to happen in 2018. I hope Devito is the real deal.

I think that last year's team was 2 players away from being ranked.

Give me a good man on the DL, and give me a Delone Carter (as a SR) at RB, and we win all of those close games, we get ranked, and we go bowling.

I like your analysis and idea but we were probably 4-6 players away from 7-5. 2 safeties, a DE, RB, TACKLE, and TE probably more like 3-5. A healthy ED gets us to 7-5 as was:)

7-5 minimum.

Agreed. I'm looking at the schedule and the only auto loss I see is @ Clemson. With Francois back, beating FSU will be difficult, so that is probably a loss as well. ND will certainly be tough, and an uphill battle, but I'm thinking 7-5, perhaps 8-4 as long as the injury bug doesn't hit us too hard. NC St and Louisville will be very beatable this season & games I think we can & should win.

its the order of the schedule last year the gauntlet in october led us to be wore down by november. the schedule is much more favorable this year
Is it? I have concerns that the fast pace of Dino's system has something to do with it more than what games we played in Oct. I'm not saying that he will kill a team every year but when you look at our lack of depth then it becomes much easier to see as a possibility last year. Everyone on this board who follows recruiting says it's lights out, that means we're building depth so hopefully less of a concern moving forward.

Agreed. I'm looking at the schedule and the only auto loss I see is @ Clemson. With Francois back, beating FSU will be difficult, so that is probably a loss as well. ND will certainly be tough, and an uphill battle, but I'm thinking 7-5, perhaps 8-4 as long as the injury bug doesn't hit us too hard. NC St and Louisville will be very beatable this season & games I think we can & should win.
FSU will be tough but they will be beatable: Dome game and early in the season. Taggart's system appears to take time (look at USF and Oregon) to master. I'd say we'll be a 7-10 point underdog.

A lot of teams on our schedule appear to have lesser QBs than what they had this past season.

I think that will matter.

I also think that this is the year that the system clicks. Two years (actually, one and a half ...) seemed optimistic. We're not playing against the MAC; we're playing against teams who play for the national championship. The depth is getting there. This recruiting class, if we count the 4 stars who are transfers, is close to 25-30th in the nation, if things break right with these last few recruits. I think in 2019 we look pretty solid to win 8 games. Next year, we have to find six or seven.

Improve our running game, and everything changes. Dino is certainly addressing this issue with recruiting.

And coaching! A 20+ year veteran with a proven track record of success. It's like Dino found a DeLeone type (in a good way!), in that all he has to do is what he does best - coach an offensive line. I expect much greater competence from the running game this year.

7-5 minimum.

6 is always the minimum. This team needs to play in a bowl - any bowl - next year.

To win 7, we have to take 2 out of 3 against UNC, NC State and Pitt. One out of those three will be enough to get us to a bowl.

I agree 100% . Playing FSU this early in the season is a gift. Taggert is a good coach, his teams get better as the season goes along. This is a game Cuse could win .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom