Schedule Louisville Next Year? | Syracusefan.com

Schedule Louisville Next Year?

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
Absolutely in my mind.

Work with the ACC...guarantee the team that doesn't host next season will get to host during Louisville's first year in the ACC.

It might make more sense for Cuse to host next year though to garner more pub for the ACC.

This is why we have MSG, for a 1 time game like this until they join us in the ACC. I kind of agree with Marsh to take a brake but it is certainly an intense game when those two play. Hell, I'm tired from just watching.

No room on the schedule unless we get out of the ACC/Big Ten Challenge, do not play Georgetown, or make it our MSG game (unlikely since Gross/Boeheim have an unhealthy obsession with St. Johns).

No room on the schedule unless we get out of the ACC/Big Ten Challenge, do not play Georgetown, or make it our MSG game (unlikely since Gross/Boeheim have an unhealthy obsession with St. Johns).

It may be possible it's MSG that really wants that game and those two (JB and TGD) would like to keep a good working relationship.

It may be possible it's MSG that really wants that game and those two (JB and TGD) would like to keep a good working relationship.

Not the vibe I get when reading comments regarding future scheduling. Not sure why MSG would care one way or the other so long as they are getting a Syracuse game every year ala the Meadowlands deal. Plenty of neutral site opponents out their more desireable than St. Johns including Uconn.

If you look at our out of conference SOS and RPI's, this is one of our worst ones ever. Combine that with a Big East that doesn't have a lot of great teams and hopefully all of this doesn't come back to haunt us on Selection Sunday. I'm not saying we need to play Louisville, but we should play some teams in the top 30. As it stands right now only San Diego State (33) and Temple (49) are ranked in the top 50 RPI of our out of conference foes and five teams are ranked over 200..

http://www.realtimerpi.com/rpi_164_Men.html

View Power Ratings View Real Time RPIsvip
Date Opponent Opp. RPI Rk Results
$ 11-11 vs San Diego St. 12-4 (2-2) 33 62-49 W
11-18 Wagner 9-8 (3-3) 147 88-57 W
11-21 Princeton 7-7 (1-0) 126 73-53 W
11-25 Colgate 6-13 (0-3) 255 87-51 W
$ 11-30 at Arkansas 11-6 (2-2) 83 91-82 W
12-03 East. Michigan 6-9 (2-2) 213 84-48 W
$ 12-06 Long Beach St. 8-8 (6-1) 100 84-53 W
12-08 Monmouth 7-12 (2-4) 237 108-56 W
12-15 Canisius 12-7 (5-3) 139 85-61 W
$ 12-17 Detroit 10-7 (4-2) 91 72-68 W
12-22 vs Temple 12-5 (2-2) 49 79-83 L
12-29 Alcorn St. 6-14 (5-2) 263 57-36 W
12-31 Central Conn. St. 7-10 (3-3) 208 96-62 W
$ 01-02 Rutgers 12-5 (3-3) 46 78-53 W
$ 01-06 at South Florida 10-7 (1-4) 77 55-44 W
01-09 at Providence 10-8 (2-4) 102 72-66 W
$ 01-12 Villanova 10-7 (2-3) 73 72-61 W
$$ 01-19 at Louisville 16-2 (4-1) 10 70-68 W
01-21 Cincinnati 16-3 (4-2) 24 80-67 W - Scouting
01-26 at Villanova 10-7 (2-3) 73 74-70 W - Scouting
02-02 at Pittsburgh 15-4 (3-3) 55 72-74 L - Scouting
02-04 Notre Dame 15-3 (3-2) 41 80-67 W - Scouting
02-10 St. John's 11-7 (3-3) 63 82-63 W - Scouting
02-13 at Connecticut 12-5 (2-3) 28 72-74 L - Scouting
02-16 at Seton Hall 12-6 (1-4) 87 74-70 W - Scouting
02-20 Providence 10-8 (2-4) 102 83-60 W - Scouting
02-23 Georgetown 12-4 (2-3) 57 80-66 W - Scouting
02-25 at Marquette 13-4 (4-1) 20 72-75 L - Scouting
03-02 Louisville 16-2 (4-1) 10 74-73 W - Scouting
03-06 DePaul 10-8 (1-4) 181 84-57 W - Scouting
03-09 at Georgetown 12-4 (2-3) 57 72-74 L - Scouting

Not the vibe I get when reading comments regarding future scheduling. Not sure why MSG would care one way or the other so long as they are getting a Syracuse game every year ala the Meadowlands deal. Plenty of neutral site opponents out their more desireable than St. Johns including Uconn.

MSG has a deal w/St. Johns so maybe it would be in their best interest to try to help them? I see your point that having a good team like UConn/GT or many others would also be attractive but let's not forget that the Johnnies and Cuse have a nice history as well and for someone like Boeheim that means something.

There is no basis in reality for this suggestion. TGD and JB have hinted that they are trying to schedule SJU, Nova and GTown in the future. They have never mentioned anything about UL. Nothing. And quite frankly, when the schedule comes out next year and it finally hits us that the BE is dead, I would prefer to play one of the old rivals.

I'd rather have a 2 seed in the East than a 1 out west anyway

Well my logic in the original post is this:

Yes BB should be one big happy family of 15 teams...but we'll play Louisville in FB way more than UNC and Duke. The league will need another rivalry to counterbalance Duke/UNC. Playing them next year...would guarantee an excellent OOC game to help come seeding.

why schedule an out of conference game with a team thats gonna be in our conference the following season?

why schedule an out of conference game with a team thats gonna be in our conference the following season?
Why not?...no need to do a home n home since the game the next year will be a confference game. As I stated, the Louisville/Cuse series has a good shot at becoming a nationally relevant rivalry in hoops. We have to move beyond the Big East.

Why not?...no need to do a home n home since the game the next year will be a confference game. As I stated, the Louisville/Cuse series has a good shot at becoming a nationally relevant rivalry in hoops. We have to move beyond the Big East.

id just rather play somebody that we're not automatically gonna be playing every year.

We have to move beyond the BE by scheduling a BE member?

Also, how many recruits have we signed from the state of Kentucky? Zero? How many from NY/NJ, Philly and DMV areas? Quite a few?

/scratches head

We have to move beyond the BE by scheduling a BE member?

Also, how many recruits have we signed from the state of Kentucky? Zero? How many from NY/NJ, Philly and DMV areas? Quite a few?

/scratches head
You realize...they are coming to the ACC a year later...not sure why this is such a difficult concept for some? Keep the momentum going in the off year.

No. The four OOC teams I want to see on the schedule are Georgetown, St. John's, and Villanova and hopefully Indiana or Michigan in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge. Don't think we'll get all three of the former BE teams, but I hope so.

I can wait one year for the Cards to return to the schedule.

Cheers,
Neil

id just rather play somebody that we're not automatically gonna be playing every year.
Like we ever schedule anyone interesting? LOL other than what TV dictates for us in those made for TV things in Nov and Dec. Oh I agree UK/AZ/IU would all be great...but...

No. The four OOC teams I want to see on the schedule are Georgetown, St. John's, and Villanova and hopefully Indiana or Michigan in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge. Don't think we'll get all three of the former BE teams, but I hope so.

I can wait one year for the Cards to return to the schedule.

Cheers,
Neil

Well since the C7..maybe their butthurt will lessen and we can get those going next season.

You realize...they are coming to the ACC a year later...not sure why this is such a difficult concept for some? Keep the momentum going in the off year.

LOL. Yeah, its waaaay more important to keep the "momentum" going between two programs that will be in the same conference after a one year separation than it is to maintain a presence in cities where the staff recruits the most heavily. :crazy: JB would give you the death stare if you suggested such a thing to him.

LOL. Yeah, its waaaay more important to keep the "momentum" going between two programs that will be in the same conference after a one year separation than it is to maintain a presence in cities where the staff recruits the most heavily. :crazy: JB would give you the death stare if you suggested such a thing to him.
Well I hope JB would schedule GTown, SJU, Nova and UL next year OOC. Time to play a big boy schedule...with more $$$ coming in the excuse to play 21 or so games at home becomes less. Going forward: GTown and SJU are the 2 most important BE games to save.

Maryland or Nova plus an MSG game are priorities. I'm concerned about Philly, Bmore, and Metropolis.

Maryland or Nova plus an MSG game are priorities. I'm concerned about Philly, Bmore, and Metropolis.
Yup. With our move to the ACC I think we need to play a game in at least two of Philly, B'more/DC and NYC every season, road or neutral for recruiting purposes and fan base retention purposes.

i had no idea where you were going with this mark, and frankly i still dont.

the only thing i can up with is that you enjoy watching Syracuse play.....lville.

nothing more nothing less.

theres no upside to playing them.

theres no downside to playing them.

theres no upside to not playing them.

theres no downside to not playing them.

as a matter of fact, as far as a 'rivarly' goes with them...theyre pretty useless. if they werent going to the ACC, we may never have seen them again, except for tournaments. gtown, st johns, nova and even the hall and provy would be higher in the pecking order.

Only play MD if GTown won't agree to a series that doesn't gouge Cuse fans. Nova is important too. My Louisville suggestion is a one year thing...nothing more.