Schedule Louisville Next Year? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Schedule Louisville Next Year?

i had no idea where you were going with this mark, and frankly i still dont.

the only thing i can up with is that you enjoy watching Syracuse play.....lville.

nothing more nothing less.

theres no upside to playing them.

theres no downside to playing them.

theres no upside to not playing them.

theres no downside to not playing them.

as a matter of fact, as far as a 'rivarly' goes with them...theyre pretty useless. if they werent going to the ACC, we may never have seen them again, except for tournaments. gtown, st johns, nova and even the hall and provy would be higher in the pecking order.

It is about building on a budding rivalry in ACC Hoops. Face it...Cuse/UNC and Cuse/Duke will be an after thought to both Duke and UNC. Cuse needs to build their own ACC Hoops rivalry...why not Louisville? A Top 10 all time program just like Cuse?

It is about building on a budding rivalry in ACC Hoops. Face it...Cuse/UNC and Cuse/Duke will be an after thought to both Duke and UNC. Cuse needs to build their own ACC Hoops rivalry...why not Louisville? A Top 10 all time program just like Cuse?
let me ask this a different way then.

why oh why....is next year so important??

am i missing something??

is this game like entering that combo in Lost?? if we dont play it, is the whole world going to disolve into some purgatory??

:noidea:

My guess is that JB would like to never play UL and Ricky. Coaches never like having to play their friends especially ones that beat them frequently. I'm sure JB will skip that one next year and we'll see them in conference the following season. Someone made a great point about our weak OOC maybe biting us this year. We're 18-1 and still only #11 in RPI because of our weak SOS. Good lord can we get dogs like Colgate (255), Monmouth (240), and Central CT St (211) off the schedule? Get the bow-wows out and get some decent 100-125 types on.

let me ask this a different way then.

why oh why....is next year so important??

am i missing something??

is this game like entering that combo in Lost?? if we dont play it, is the whole world going to disolve into some pergatory??

:noidea:

You didnt know that if teams skip playing each other for one year then you have to start the "rivalry" all over from the beginning?

Besides, I thought UL's biggest rivalry was UK, anyways?

SU did just fine in the BE for the first 25 years without UL. It will do just fine without them for one more year...

made a great point about our weak OOC maybe biting us this year. We're 18-1 and still only #11 in RPI because of our weak SOS. Good lord can we get dogs like Colgate (255), Monmouth (240), and Central CT St (211) off the schedule? Get the bow-wows out and get some decent 100-125 types on.
Agreed...I'd just keep Colgate...I like throwing a bone to the local school...plus they might actually buy 100 tickets. I hope we lose several of these early games for Nova/SJU, etc...I hope we can find room to play GTown in a more meaningful slot later in the season.

OK you guys beat me down about Louisville...I hope at least we get GTown, SJU and Nova in '13-'14 OOC.

If you look at our out of conference SOS and RPI's, this is one of our worst ones ever. Combine that with a Big East that doesn't have a lot of great teams and hopefully all of this doesn't come back to haunt us on Selection Sunday. I'm not saying we need to play Louisville, but we should play some teams in the top 30. As it stands right now only San Diego State (33) and Temple (49) are ranked in the top 50 RPI of our out of conference foes and five teams are ranked over 200..

If I could give this 10 "likes" I would. I have been saying this for awhile and felt like I was the only one who cared. Programs like UK, KU, UNC, DUKE, etc, generally have some quality OOC matchups in the season that make me jealous and wondering why we rarely do the same. It's not like they necessarily can't be a home game either. I don't mind taking a year off from Louisville, but our SOS this season is pathetic, and I'd like to see that change to some extent regardless of who the opponents are. Of course I'd like to see the old BE matchups, but I'd also like to play a true OOC top 15 team once a year. It isn't like this weak scheduling is something that just started either. As others have said, I'm fine keeping a local team like Colgate, but we have plenty of wiggle room elsewhere.

It doesn't have to be Louisville necessarily but getting another strong opponent onto the schedule would be a good thing, as we're not going to see too many of them in conference play.

i had no idea where you were going with this mark, and frankly i still dont.

the only thing i can up with is that you enjoy watching Syracuse play.....lville.

nothing more nothing less.

theres no upside to playing them.

theres no downside to playing them.

theres no upside to not playing them.

theres no downside to not playing them.

as a matter of fact, as far as a 'rivarly' goes with them...theyre pretty useless. if they werent going to the ACC, we may never have seen them again, except for tournaments. gtown, st johns, nova and even the hall and provy would be higher in the pecking order.

Eh, schools namd after cities, still dislike Ricky's big mouth and the way he walked out on the Knicks. The games in both sports (BOTH SPORTS!) have been heated. Big crowds, we cannot actually take over their gym. I am fine with a UL rival.

It may be possible it's MSG that really wants that game and those two (JB and TGD) would like to keep a good working relationship.

Even though we haven't recruited NYC as well as we have other areas like Philly, NJ, Baltimore, Wash DC and Detroit, it's still really important for us to be a presence there. JB told you the schools he's going to play - St. John's, Georgetown and Villanova. They will keep our recruiting connections up, and really, they are all winnable games most years. Playing UConn doesn't add anything to that, nor playing Rutgers. It's about being on TV from MSG. It's great that Melo is with the Knicks. Helps us so much from an image standpoint.

No. The four OOC teams I want to see on the schedule are Georgetown, St. John's, and Villanova and hopefully Indiana or Michigan in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge. Don't think we'll get all three of the former BE teams, but I hope so.

I can wait one year for the Cards to return to the schedule.

Cheers,
Neil

No, Boeheim won't play all 3 former Big East teams in one year. Look for 2 out of 3, at most, most likely 1 of them home and 1 of them away.

No, Boeheim won't play all 3 former Big East teams in one year. Look for 2 out of 3, at most, most likely 1 of them home and 1 of them away.

Maybe. But the ACC isn't great top-to-bottom and now that he can't use the excuse of bb driving the revenues I'd be surprised (assuming they are willing) it isn't at least two of them most years and three 5 or 6 times a year.

Cheers,
Neil

Maybe. But the ACC isn't great top-to-bottom and now that he can't use the excuse of bb driving the revenues I'd be surprised (assuming they are willing) it isn't at least two of them most years and three 5 or 6 times a year.

Cheers,
Neil
and the bigeast 'is' great top to bottom??

theres no need to play all the old gang every year. im (gulp) with imatt on this. 2 at most is likely to be scheduled.

of the catholic 7, only the original 5 will find a way to the schedule.

and you basically tier them off into:

tier 1: nova, st johns and gtown

tier 2: seton hall, provy

id say its obvious that we wont schedule provy when the orange are scheduled to be at BC. but i wonder if theyd put the johnnies or hall the same year they had a preseason Garden tourny. for selfish reasons, i hope they do.

it will be interesting to see how they handle gtown and nova. playing them every year may dilute the product, expecially nova. could we fill the spectrum v st joes or temple?? with maryland gone, gtown really, really makes a ton of sense.

these are good problems to have.

and if they play none.....so be it.

i purposely left off storz, because well...theyre useless. and youd also have to have your head under a rock to not realize that Syracuse will be playing them in a jimmy v or something real soon.

Well my logic in the original post is this:

Yes BB should be one big happy family of 15 teams...but we'll play Louisville in FB way more than UNC and Duke. The league will need another rivalry to counterbalance Duke/UNC. Playing them next year...would guarantee an excellent OOC game to help come seeding.

Invest in future rivalries rather than continuing to chase dying ones.

id say its obvious that we wont schedule provy when the orange are scheduled to be at BC. but i wonder if theyd put the johnnies or hall the same year they had a preseason Garden tourny. for selfish reasons, i hope they do.

I think we are partnered up with BC in the ACC, meaning we will do a home and home with them every year.

I think we are partnered up with BC in the ACC, meaning we will do a home and home with them every year.
i know.

im saying that the only chance they will ever go to provy,which would have to be a 2-1 series, for otherwise we dont have to throw them any bone...is in a year they arent at BC.

were playing 6 BE games in 16 days during Feb.
10,13,16 st johns at uconn at seton hall
20,23,25th providence, gtown at marquette.

Thats pretty rough. Hope southerland is back and Cooney/DC can help with some extended minutes.

if espn wants us to play louisville make it the jimmy v game

if espn wants us to play louisville make it the jimmy v game